Official Visits

msg6367

Any updates to the 1/18 list ?

Comes out today at noon. 4 * WR Tony Stevens is visiting. Not sure if it's an OV though

E - Do you think we would take his commitment if he decided he wanted to go to Auburn this weekend?

Don't know where he is on the coaches board but I would think so...But based on his tweets he seems strong to TAMU.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is the OV list for the 18th as of right now.

5* DB Tony Conner

4* WR Tony Stevens (TAMU commit)

3* WR Dominic Walker (Nebraska commit)

4* RB Tarean Folston (Notre Dame commit)

4* LB James Hearns (Florida commit)

4* WR Taj Williams

3* DB Khari Harding (Arky commit)

No word yet on De'Runnya Wilson. Ira Denson will not be visiting.

E, aren't some of the AU commits going to be there helping to recruit, also? I thought I saw where Cam Toney said he was going to be in Auburn every weekend until signing day.

E, aren't some of the AU commits going to be there helping to recruit, also? I thought I saw where Cam Toney said he was going to be in Auburn every weekend until signing day.

That's how I remember it too. Having Kentucky showing up this weekend helps!

Yes. I only listed the OVs for now.

If they rope off part of the student section for recruits (who never take as many seats as they save for them) like usual there will be some very angry students tomorrow night at the UK game...

If they rope off part of the student section for recruits (who never take as many seats as they save for them) like usual there will be some very angry students tomorrow night at the UK game...

Shouldn't. They gave away an extra 500 tickets to the students for the game.

That's kinda deceptive, those 500 will get to stand in the concourse area. It just feeds into the mentality that Auburn couldn't care less about anything but football...

Anyway, I'm ecstatic that they will be coming to the game. The atmosphere will be great, most people don't realize Auburn has one of the best basketball student sections in the SEC.

That's kinda deceptive, those 500 will get to stand in the concourse area. It just feeds into the mentality that Auburn couldn't care less about anything but football...

Anyway, I'm ecstatic that they will be coming to the game. The atmosphere will be great, most people don't realize Auburn has one of the best basketball student sections in the SEC.

Disagree on your example. Many students would rather stand anyway. Many stand in the concourse even when the lower section is not full.

I don't have that view, just have heard it expressed on campus.

Get there early enough and you'll have a spot. Regardless of recruits or not a lot of students won't get in tomorrow but it will only be their own fault. And your example may be true from years past, but the student section has been full for every game while classes were in session this year! (Shockingly...)

Get there early enough and you'll have a spot. Regardless of recruits or not a lot of students won't get in tomorrow but it will only be their own fault. And your example may be true from years past, but the student section has been full for every game while classes were in session this year! (Shockingly...)

It hurts the capacity has been dropped from 14,000 in Beard Eaves to 9,000 in Auburn Arena

JMO but I think Auburn has a real shot with all of this weeks visitors except Conner. TAMU & UF are near their signee limits so Stevens and Hearns may see opportunity. Folston may not want to play 2nd fiddle to Bryant at ND. Also Taj Williams can also be a get if he gets an Auburn offer.

It hurts the capacity has been dropped from 14,000 in Beard Eaves to 9,000 in Auburn Arena

You haven't seen basketball unless you've seen Auburn play LSU with Pistol Pete Maravich at the old Arena back in 66-68. The most amazing basketball player I have ever seen in person.

5* DB Tony Conner

4* WR Taj Williams

247 has Wilson for the 25th in the "interests" section and the 18th in the "timeline" section. Rivals has the 18th also. :dunno:

5* DB Tony Conner

4* WR Taj Williams

247 has Wilson for the 25th in the "interests" section and the 18th in the "timeline" section. Rivals has the 18th also. :dunno:

He has rescheduled for the 25th.

What are the odds you think we flip any of these guys E? I think Stevens is the best shot with Craig being his main man at FSU and all the WRs going to A&M right now. Landing Connor or flipping Folston would be huge if it were to happen

What are the odds you think we flip any of these guys E? I think Stevens is the best shot with Craig being his main man at FSU and all the WRs going to A&M right now. Landing Connor or flipping Folston would be huge if it were to happen

Best chances IMO are Harding, Hearns, and maybe Stevens.

Bird might say 50:50 but I figure they are far less than that. .....considering the history of guys flipping at the last minute from major schools....I would say maybe 50% that one of them would flip to AU...or anywhere else.

Despite all the talk on this board, and considering that probably 5000 HS kids have committed to a Div I for FCS school somewhere, very few change their minds once they commit. And most that do, are moving up from a middling school to a larger school....like JW did to AU last season.

Bird might say 50:50 but I figure they are far less than that. .....considering the history of guys flipping at the last minute from major schools....I would say maybe 50% that one of them would flip to AU...or anywhere else.

Despite all the talk on this board, and considering that probably 5000 HS kids have committed to a Div I for FCS school somewhere, very few change their minds once they commit. And most that do, are moving up from a middling school to a larger school....like JW did to AU last season.

is this kinda like saying the odds of a tornado hitting your house are not good? Bad joke I know but those tornados(guys flipping to another school from Auburn at the last minute) seems to be hitting Auburns house pretty frequently lately. Maybe auburn can return the favor this year.

If we flip Hearns we'll have made a pretty good trade with WM - Davis for Hearns. I think Hearns is looking because UF has committed so many lb's.

If we flip Hearns we'll have made a pretty good trade with WM - Davis for Hearns. I think Hearns is looking because UF has committed so many lb's.

I agree plus as mentioned by others the work of Coach Craig having known them already gives them a level of comfort even at a late date.

is this kinda like saying the odds of a tornado hitting your house are not good? Bad joke I know but those tornados(guys flipping to another school from Auburn at the last minute) seems to be hitting Auburns house pretty frequently lately. Maybe auburn can return the favor this year.

Seems that way but a wholesale coaching staff change is a special situation.

Otherwise, TJY is about the only guy I recall in a while that flipped from AU that had not flipped around previously from somewhere to AU. I suspect that some super-salesmen like Trooper are also able to get some kids to commit verbally before their hearts were 100% committed which made them suseptible to further recruiting by opposition. Statman could probably give the numbers but it appears to me that our record on losing recruits is no worse than anywhere else....it's just more personal, that's all.

I was at the game last night and was able to speak to Khari Harding after the game. He was hanging with Jonathan Wallace and others. We talked abouth the new coaching staff and how strong this staff is. I told Khari to come on down and get his ring cause we will win another BCS Championship in the next 4 years with this staff. He just smiled and said he was thinking about it. I also spoke to Kodi Burns and told him how glad we are that he's back in Auburn. I asked Kodi if Antonio Connor was here this weekend and he didn't know who I was talking about...or atleast that's what he said. I probably shouldn't have been so bold in my questions but hey, when you follow and care about AU football like all of us do and you have the guy's standing right in front of you, what do you do? Anyway, it's not much info but just wanted to share those little nuggets with the family!

Archived