Perhaps now all the gnashing of teeth...

TitanTiger

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do we have good info that Chad Morris was offered the OC job? I heard the Arizona St OC was asked and then Lashlee was given the job. I expected Lashlee from day 1 and I think we have a very good up and comer at OC!

I doubt he was. His 2012 contract was in the neighborhood of 6 years @1.3 million. He had no buyout for a HC job. However, if he were to move on as OC, his buyout was the remaining contract years. So, no, he was never really considered.

Do we have good info that Chad Morris was offered the OC job? I heard the Arizona St OC was asked and then Lashlee was given the job. I expected Lashlee from day 1 and I think we have a very good up and comer at OC!

I don't believe he got a formal offer. I think we made some inquiries into it and there was some preliminary interest expressed. In the end I believe the prohibitive buyout was the thing that hindered any progress there.

But I wasn't so much focusing on whether a formal offer was made but rather, showing Chad Morris as an example of the sort of splash hire most people would have done handsprings over, when in reality I think the Lashlee hire was the more prudent one long term.

I don't believe he got a formal offer. I think we made some inquiries into it and there was some preliminary interest expressed. In the end I believe the prohibitive buyout was the thing that hindered any progress there.

But I wasn't so much focusing on whether a formal offer was made but rather, showing Chad Morris as an example of the sort of splash hire most people would have done handsprings over, when in reality I think the Lashlee hire was the more prudent one long term.

Amen, This is what I was saying before Lashlee was hired. I rather have long term success over short term success.

Lets face it. Ellis Johnson is doing the hiring. He has worked with every coach hired except Lashlee and Garner. Garner was probably hired by Jacobs because they played together back in the day. Given Malzahn's lack of college experience, that's a good thing.

Lets face it. Ellis Johnson is doing the hiring. He has worked with every coach hired except Lashlee and Garner. Garner was probably hired by Jacobs because they played together back in the day. Given Malzahn's lack of college experience, that's a good thing.

Gus is doing the hiring. But he is wisely listening to people like CEJ who have larger networks of potential candidates for him to consider. Smart bosses leverage the assets of the people that work under them. You might not always take their advice, but you do seriously listen and give it real consideration...especially in areas where you lack knowledge. Gus recognizes that not only do guys like CEJ have years of experience to draw from, but that especially on defense he knows who can coach.

Gus is doing the hiring. But he is wisely listening to people like CEJ who have larger networks of potential candidates for him to consider. Smart bosses leverage the assets of the people that work under them. You might not always take their advice, but you do seriously listen and give it real consideration...especially in areas where you lack knowledge. Gus recognizes that not only do guys like CEJ have years of experience to draw from, but that especially on defense he knows who can coach.

Link?

Link?

Really benjazz?.....where's your link?

Who will be in charge of special teams?

Former Chargers ST coach Rich Bisaccia has been named/hired as RB/ST/Ass Head Coach

Who will be in charge of special teams?

Former Chargers ST coach Rich Bisaccia has been named/hired as RB/ST/Ass Head Coach

Thank you.

I hope I am wrong, but I bet the gnashing of teeth resumes once Coach Fountain is named the TE coach (unless the news is accompanied by a big-splash hire for WR coach such as Dameyune Craig).

I think this staff is a very good staff, even without Dameyune Craig or Tracy Rocker, but gnashing of teeth is habitual to many of our fans who aspire to be as toothless as the bammers.

Please tell me you are kidding?

Link?

I have circumstantial evidence from the fact of a number of assistants having worked together in the past. You need to at least have that and I see none. Thus I want to know how you "know" this. Or are you engaging in rank speculation?

well, i guess that does it then ...

titan, let the gnashing begin. benjazz believes we have an 0-12 former southern miss head coach running the Auburn football show ... must be cuz gus is a high school coach ...

Titan, thanks for making this point.

Gus is doing a fantastic job of putting together an incredibly formidable staff of experienced recruiters and coaches. I know ther are many who felt Petrino wasn't shown proper deference for the job but IMO I dont believe Petrino could've assembled a staff thats this strong. In the end, I belive the committee made the best choice for Auburn and i couldn't be happier about how everything is turning out so far.

Link?

I have circumstantial evidence from the fact of a number of assistants having worked together in the past. You need to at least have that and I see none. Thus I want to know how you "know" this. Or are you engaging in rank speculation?

Speaking of rank, have you made your way out of the punch bowl yet?

Archived