2013 3* JUCO QB Nick Marshall signs with AU!

TIGERINATLANTA

Guys, what happens in Athens stays in Athens. It does not matter if he has gotten it together. Coach Garner would be the ONLY person able to evaluate that besides the kid himself and the Man Upstairs. If he is right with those two men then I will personally welcome him to Auburn University. I, myself, have had to ask for second chances in life as well as have a million others. Anyone of US, that can't see giving someone a second chance needs to check themselves. (Before they wreck themselves!LOL) Sorry. I didn't intend to end it that way, it just happened.

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys, what happens in Athens stays in Athens. It does not matter if he has gotten it together. Coach Garner would be the ONLY person able to evaluate that besides the kid himself and the Man Upstairs. If he is right with those two men then I will personally welcome him to Auburn University. I, myself, have had to ask for second chances in life as well as have a million others. Anyone of US, that can't see giving someone a second chance needs to check themselves. (Before they wreck themselves!LOL) Sorry. I didn't intend to end it that way, it just happened.

+1 :flag:

I found this:

I don't really think he was all that elite in JC per the numbers. CB will be the way to go.

Nick Marshall | #7 | QB | Garden City Community College

GP YDS TD YDS/G 11 3142 18 285.6

RECENT GAMES Oct 6 at Butler Community College - KS L, 84-13 Oct 13 at Highland Community College - Kansas W, 28-17 Oct 20 Dodge City Community College W, 61-20 Oct 27 Coffeyville Community College L, 54-47 Nov 4 at Butler Community College - KS L, 58-17 Dec 2 vs. Copiah-Lincoln Community College W, 31-29

STATISTICS CATEGORY OVERALL CONF Completions 196 6th 134 6th Attempts 343 5th 225 6th Completion % 57.1% 21st 59.6% 17th Yards 3142 4th 2262 2nd Yards per game 285.6 3rd 323.1 4th Yards per attempt 9.2 48th 10.1 26th Touchdowns 18 17th 16 9th Interceptions 20 2nd 15 1st Sacks 15 7th 10 10th Yards lost 84 11th 48 17th

Bug is his half brother that is committed to UNC. he has a visit to AU soon.

Very talented receiver.

I may be wrong but info is from solid source..... As always right!

For those who don't have a subscription......

Johnathan Howard took a strong liking to Clemson after visiting campus for its September victory against Florida State.

7_397961.JPG

Johnathan Howard caught 38 passes for 837 yards and eight touchdowns as a junior.

The 6-foot-5, 193-pound receiver from Wilcox County High School in Rochelle, Ga., has finally seen interest pick up in his recruitment, having netting recent offers from Louisville and, last week, N.C. State.

But timing can be everything in recruiting, and Howard may have found fortune in a convergence of demand meeting supply.

Clemson offered Howard on Monday during an unofficial visit, which he set up late last week in conjunction with spring break.

"It’s the offer I was looking for," he said. "I’m not sure yet when I'll make my decision. But most likely I’ll commit to Clemson, maybe sometime this summer."

With Stanton Seckinger getting increasing time at tight end and the No. 1 recruiting target, Ahmad Fulwood, committed to Florida, the Tigers have expanded their recruiting board.

Howard, nicknamed "Bug," carries an 84 rating as a three-star prospect for 247Sports, a figure that could go up with increased exposure. (LINK: 247Sports introduced Howard in this feature last month.)

But what is known is he brings a basketball background -- he's a standout perimeter player in the area -- and pedigree to the table.

Howard’s brother, Lonnie Outlaw, signed with Georgia as a 6-6 receiver in 2010 but is now at Miles College (Fairfield, Ala.) by way of Georgia Military College.

One of Howard’s two half-brothers is departed Georgia cornerback Nick Marshall, now at Garden City (Kan.) Community College. The other is Wilcox’s leading receiver last year, Quez Mahogany, who signed with West Georgia. And Howard is cousins with Wilcox County athlete Makail Grace, rated a three-star prospect by 247Sports.

Howard was accompanied on Monday’s trip by Grace as well as 2014 defensive tackle prospect Johnny Dwight, who is likely to land BCS offers next cycle.

North Carolina called to express interest in Howard last week, and Maryland and Duke have stated the intent to further evaluate him this spring. Howard had received camp invitations from Florida State, Mississippi State, Georgia and Clemson, among others, with Michigan informing Wilcox County’s coaching staff it would follow up in the spring as well.

Monday's trip afforded Howard the opportunity to meet offensive coordinator Chad Morris for the first time.

"He sees me fit in great with the type of offense they run, me being tall and athletic and fast," he said. "I can be a cornerback nightmare. He thinks I would fit in fine, and he could do a lot of different things with me."

As a junior, Howard registered 38 catches for 837 yards and eight touchdowns, dividing the receiving bounty with Mahogany (47-936-13).

Clemson coach Dabo Swinney extended the offer.

"I’ve always liked Clemson since C.J. Spiller was there," Howard said. "I used to always play with him on video games.

"Everybody seemed so happy. It’s a place where people seem like they don’t get angry or mad or have bad times. It’s a great atmosphere. The trip went great."

Thanks a lot.

Auburn primed to sign former Georgia athlete Nick Marshall

AUBURN, Ala. – Just as plants need water and cars need fuel, Gus Malzahn’s spread-out system needs a capable quarterback.

Auburn’s QB derby in Malzahn’s first year as head coach is close to gaining another horse.

Former Georgia athlete Nick Marshall, who spent the past year at Garden City CC (Kan.), confirmed Monday he plans to sign with Auburn for the upcoming season.

He has not yet been officially accepted to school, and Auburn University expects to review his academic transcript over the next couple of days. Marshall said he picked the Tigers while considering Texas, Kansas State and Indiana.

The 6-foot-2, 205-pound Marshall was a four-star prep cornerback recruit out of Wilcox County in Rochelle, Ga., where he was also a star basketball player and long jumper. But after visiting with Malzahn and wide receivers coach Dameyune Craig this past weekend, he knew exactly which position group he’d join at Auburn.

“Yeah, I’m playing quarterback. 100 percent,” Marshall told the Ledger-Enquirer Monday night. “That (spread offense) is what I’m made for.”

Marshall was recruited out of high school by Craig when he was at Florida State, and again this past fall by Malzahn to Arkansas State.

Following his freshman season at Georgia, Marshall was dismissed along with two teammates a year ago for a violation of team rules, which was later reported to be theft of teammates’ cash from a dorm room.

Marshall quickly latched on with Garden City, switching back to quarterback and scoring 37 touchdowns (19 rushing, 18 passing) in 11 games. He was listed as a three-star athlete junior college prospect by 247sports.com, and will return to the SEC.

“He’s the best athlete I’ve ever seen,” said Marshall’s high school coach Mark Ledford, Wilcox County’s head coach since 2001.

“He just does everything well. I mean, there’s not many that have it. There’s not many things athletically that Nick Marshall cannot do.”

Marshall has already flown back to Kansas, and will finish out the semester at Garden City in May – meaning spring football drills are out of the question. If Auburn’s admissions office accepts his transcript, Marshall plans to officially commit on National Signing Day, Feb. 6, and enroll for summer courses.

Marshall would compete for the starting job with sophomore Kiehl Frazier, freshman Jonathan Wallace and perhaps four-star prep Jeremy Johnson out of Carver Montgomery. Clint Moseley, who along with Frazier and Wallace started games in 2012, is foregoing his senior year of eligibility.

Leading Garden City to a 7-4 record in 2012, Marshall completed 57.1 percent of his passes for 3,142 yards, and was also the Broncbusters’ top rusher with 1,095 yards. He did have ball security issues, throwing 20 interceptions and fumbling eight times, losing five.

Archived