2013 3* JUCO S Brandon King signs with AU!

AubTigers

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The fact that we have offered so many JUCO players tells me the coaches have evaluated our players and do not like what they see. We're on the market for starters. Damn.

I might see that a bit differently. They may not like what they see, as a second option, and one that is not easy on the ears, they may also have heard that the recruit is no longer interested and are quickly moving to a second option. However, another possibility is...a combination of finding the type player needed and looking in JUCO because of the added maturity. Remember last season was a disaster as a result of "coaching" and "intangibles". The added maturity from a player a year or two older than the new recruits could instantly offer more leadership, motivation, and/or maturity to the team mix...which would then start impacting the workouts and practices....which would then start impacting game results. Just a thought.

Or maybe Coach Malzone and Coach Johnson had already evaluated these guys and really thought they were a perfect fit for our Offense/Defense?

The fact that we have offered so many JUCO players tells me the coaches have evaluated our players and do not like what they see. We're on the market for starters. Damn.

This

I might see that a bit differently. They may not like what they see, as a second option, and one that is not easy on the ears, they may also have heard that the recruit is no longer interested and are quickly moving to a second option. However, another possibility is...a combination of finding the type player needed and looking in JUCO because of the added maturity. Remember last season was a disaster as a result of "coaching" and "intangibles". The added maturity from a player a year or two older than the new recruits could instantly offer more leadership, motivation, and/or maturity to the team mix...which would then start impacting the workouts and practices....which would then start impacting game results. Just a thought.

Or maybe Coach Malzone and Coach Johnson had already evaluated these guys and really thought they were a perfect fit for our Offense/Defense?

Its spelled Malzahn...just so ya know

I think that if this staff had been in place earlier we'd have a lot more juco signings. We need immediate help at a lot of positions. Georgia, like us, had significant attrition and enrolled a lot of early signees. I think we would have been in on a lot of those guys. I'm not saying we moved slowly, just the coaching transition came when other schools were grabbing early signees.

JUCO guys, by definition, bring their own set of problems; academics and legal issues being at the top of the list. High school kids, for all their talk about "balling early", usually need time, especially at the strength positions. We accept JUCO problems to get the maturity and development. Coach BVG summed it up - our team isn't built. BK is built and I think he's a great addition.

More than likely the "spur" cause that is what he said CGM & CEJ were recruiting him for.

Its spelled Malzahn...just so ya know

ok

Who is on left

That may be his dad, he stated in an interview that his family were big AU fans. At least, I hope that's not a recruit rockin' free AU gear for the camera. :-\

Who is on left

That may be his dad, he stated in an interview that his family were big AU fans. At least, I hope that's not a recruit rockin' free AU gear for the camera. :-\

I love to see pics of commitments decked out in AU gear - because they bought it and they are really all in. I remember Tre Mason's pic after he left his official visit - AU hat and jacket.

Er, his anterior left bicep looks extremely dislocated in that photo. A common weightlifting injury. fwiw. On a more important point, some folks are getting way WAY too caught up in "Ellis Johnson's formations".

• 4 weeks later...

Very glad to have this young man on board! I am not sure I have seen someone this excited to come to Auburn in a long time. Yes, I follow him on Twitter (no....I'm not a stalker so don't judge) and each time he posts it's something about how excited he is to come to our beloved University. War Damn Eagle, Mr. King!!!!!!

Very glad to have this young man on board! I am not sure I have seen someone this excited to come to Auburn in a long time. Yes, I follow him on Twitter (no....I'm not a stalker so don't judge) and each time he posts it's something about how excited he is to come to our beloved University. War Damn Eagle, Mr. King!!!!!!

dont worry my friend many people here follow every player/recruit on twitter an hang on every tweet

Archived