2013 3* RB Peyton Barber signs with AU!

AubTigers

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it solidifies Lawson's commit, worth it.

^this, ALSO it would not hurt to get a RB in this class who could stand a redshirt especially with Mason leaving in the next while, and Payne coming in as a junior.

^this, ALSO it would not hurt to get a RB in this class who could stand a redshirt especially with Mason leaving in the next while, and Payne coming in as a junior.

aha, this is dakota moselyII. well not exactly i hope.

Huh? Sorry that one went right over my head.

i think he was making the correlation to Dakota and Michael Dyer................... bad comparison, given the eventual outcome.

i think he was making the correlation to Dakota and Michael Dyer................... bad comparison, given the eventual outcome.

^^^ you might not remember dakota and dyer were hs teamates. dakota was a 2 or3* with unimpressive #s size, body type, and eventually character.

^^^ you might not remember dakota and dyer were hs teamates. dakota was a 2 or3* with unimpressive #s size, body type, and eventually character.

If you're referring to me, i remember all too well. However, i don't think Peyton has unimpressive #'s, size, body type, and character is yet to be seen. Nevertheless, if bringing him on brings in two big fish, i say let's do it! i think Peyton will contribute, unlike Dakota ever did/would have. JMHO

Barber is ranked higher than Mark Ingram was. There is no comparison to Mosley.

Barber is ranked higher than Mark Ingram was. There is no comparison to Mosley.

He's also ranked higher than Felix Jones and Kenjon Barner.

The pursuit of so many different running backs post Chizik tells me that Wilkins is gone like a freight train and we'll probably have a defection or two at running back from our current roster.

However, I kinda feel like we've already added a 4 star commitment with Corey Grant MORE THAN LIKELY being utilized now with Gus coming on board.

We were at dangerously low levels at RB to begin with. We only have Grant, Blakely and Mason as top tier backs. Considering we use both a power back and scat back in Malzahn's scheme, having 5 backs should be desired.

While where Lawson's teammate goes won't be the deciding factor, making a choice as enticing as possible is a smart recruiting strategy. Get's his good friend out of his ear about going to Ole Miss and makes Auburn a more attractive destination. Offering teammates has less to do with package deals and more to do with them recruiting for you as well as not for someone else

Rebels247@Rebels247

#OleMiss RB commit Peyton Barber tells me he has received an offer from #Auburn

Yes, it is true he has an offer from Auburn, but as far as I know has not set an official visit. And he sounded underwhelmed.

Rebels247@Rebels247

#OleMiss RB commit Peyton Barber tells me he has received an offer from #Auburn

Yes, it is true he has an offer from Auburn, but as far as I know has not set an official visit. And he sounded underwhelmed.

Yep. He already had a good offer list and visits scheduled, including UCLA and Arizona State. He also seems to feel pretty good about Ole Miss. But if he makes a visit to the Plains, he might decide to stay closer to home.

There is still something unsettling about competing with Ole Miss or MSU for recruits. The fact that it might be a difficult decision makes matters worse. I know Gus does not have much time, but sure hope we can add some 4*/5* players in the mix.

War Eagle !

Archived