2013 3* RB Peyton Barber signs with AU!

AubTigers

according to tweets, he is not coming for a visit this weekend.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder how much pull Lawson has with him? There will be a bunch of kids from the Milton/Alpharetta area signing LOI's on 02/06/2013! In the neighborhood of a dozen or more! 10 years ago there wasn't even one and Milton at one time went 0-fer three years running!.

I wonder how much pull Lawson has with him? There will be a bunch of kids from the Milton/Alpharetta area signing LOI's on 02/06/2013! In the neighborhood of a dozen or more! 10 years ago there wasn't even one and Milton at one time went 0-fer three years running!.

Milton was nothing in sports until 3 or 4 years ago when their

Basketball program became one of the best in the country. They have had the occasional highly rated football recruit in the past. UGA got a 5 star receiver several years ago out of Milton, Reggie Brown I think.

Basketball program became one of the best in the country. They have had the occasional highly rated football recruit in the past. UGA got a 5 star receiver several years ago out of Milton, Reggie Brown I think.

That was Sean Bailey. Dexter Fowler is from Milton too, baseball player.

Milton's basketball coach had to resign last September because of transfer irregularities. From AJC:

Under Boyd, Milton became a controversial lightning rod in the debate over high-profile athletes transferring to form high school super teams. Key former members of the recent Milton dynasty include transfers Shannon Scott (now at Ohio State), Dai-Jon Parker (Vanderbilt), Shaquille Johnson (Auburn) and Charles Mann (Georgia).

That was Sean Bailey. Dexter Fowler is from Milton too, baseball player.

Thanks for fixing this. Anyway, the Milton area in Atlanta is very nice, mostly large houses with very big yards for those that know it. It is a very nice place to live

Reggie Brown is from Carrollton, GA, home of Jonathan Jones, Josh Harris, Terrance Crowder and Dennis Wallace. Reggie is best known in Auburn for being the recipient of the hit by Junior Rosegreen in 04.

When Junior hit him, I thought he had killed him...

I think everybody else did too. There was a collective "OOOH!" then everybody went quiet. That was one of the biggest hits you'll ever see.

Well, I'm stating the obvious, but if this fellah does not make it today, then we are likely out of the running for his services.

I think this one is on the way to Rivals Recruiting..

Not so fast!

Yancy Porter ‏@YancyPorter

Milton coach informed me that RB Peyton Barber is still at school and he does not believe the OM commit will visit Auburn this weekend.

Oooops, looks like the Coach was wrong or Porter made it up. I hope the coaches work their magic on him because he is that type of big back we definitely need.

I think this one is on the way to Rivals Recruiting..

Not so fast!

Damn, it feels good to be wrong sometimes...

He and Lawson are HS teammates. I think we have a good shot for both.

I didn't really think we needed this guy until I knew that. UT is coming on strong and we need all the leverage we can get.

I didn't really think we needed this guy until I knew that. UT is coming on strong and we need all the leverage we can get.

JMO, but Lawson did not take a visit to UT this weekend, when he could have UV them. The fact that he never decommitted from AU, and is visiting tells me, thant UT has tried and failed much in the same way Clemson did.

We have 3 rbs 2 on scholly so yes we need him

Archived