2013 3* RB Peyton Barber signs with AU!

AubTigers

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks, E. Do you think you could give us an update on who is visiting this weekend? This board has become so confusing it would really be helpful to know who's coming to Auburn. All I keep reading is who is going to Alabama! Thanks in advance.

Texas just offered Peyton Barber and he has changed his visits around to visit them this weekend.

Do you think Walton is a possibility at FB if we don't land Barber or is CGM recruiting them for different positions?

Texas just offered Peyton Barber and he has changed his visits around to visit them this weekend.

Do you think alton is a possibility at FB if we don't land Barber or is CGM recruiting them for different positions?

Different positions

Thanks, E. Do you think you could give us an update on who is visiting this weekend? This board has become so confusing it would really be helpful to know who's coming to Auburn. All I keep reading is who is going to Alabama! Thanks in advance.

Official visitors thread

Matthews on Barber

Auburn still has some work to do with Barber but I think he will officially visit the last weekend, which would be big.

Update from ajc article 1/20. Mentions his visits and status.

http://www.ajc.com/weblogs/college-recruiting/2013/jan/20/carl-lawson-and-teammate-ignite-recruiting-frenzy/

Excerpt from article. (article also mentions Lawson)

“It was a pretty humbling experience,” Barber said. “I didn’t expect to get offered by Texas. The (assistant) who was recruiting me for Arizona State took a job at Texas and still wants me.”

Barber is visiting Tennessee this weekend, will go to Texas on Thursday and then arrive at Ole Miss on Friday night. He will also likely visit Auburn at some point. “Gus Malzahn wants him bad because he’s a big back, and that’s what he wants in that offense,” DeCristofaro said.

There’s an interesting connection between Barber and Tennessee: His mother graduated from Tennessee and worked as a recruiting host in the football office. Barber said his aunt also attended Tennessee and went on a date with Vols legend Reggie White.

What about Ole Miss? “I feel like I’m still committed there,” Barber said. “I really don’t see myself going anywhere else. I’m just trying to weigh my options and make sure I’m making the right decision by visiting these schools.”

Peyton update 1/23 ajc

http://www.ajc.com/w...-peyton-barber/

Barber got a last-minute scholarship offer from Texas and was scheduled to take an official visit there on Thursday. However, Barber has decided to cancel the recruiting trip with the Longhorns.

“Yes, he is not going,” Milton coach Howie DeCristofaro told the AJC.

“He decided that he wasn’t going to sign with Texas, so why waste anybody’s time and take a visit?

Barber is officially committed to Ole Miss, and may be shutting things down after meeting with Rebels coach Hugh Freeze on Monday night.

“I think Coach Freeze probably told him that if you’re committed to us, there’s no probably no reason for you to take any more visits,” DeCristofaro said.

Barber took a visit to Tennessee (where his mother is an alum) last weekend, and was tentatively scheduled to go to Auburn on Feb. 1. He will likely not go anywhere after this weekend’s trip to Ole Miss.

“There was some talk about Peyton visiting Auburn but he kind of put a stop to that yesterday,” DeCristofaro said.

I will be surprised if we don't get him.

Then on the article before your post be surprised then cuz at this point it does not look like we get him.

Guys on TD seem to believe he gave Rhett a silent last night. These guys are having to work around their HS coach who hates AU for whatever reason. They love the guy, he's their coach for God's sake, so they are trying not to be rude. He needs to let these kids and their families speak for themselves.

Guys on TD seem to believe he gave Rhett a silent last night. These guys are having to work around their HS coach who hates AU for whatever reason. They love the guy, he's their coach for God's sake, so they are trying not to be rude. He needs to let these kids and their families speak for themselves.

Those guys may be trolling Ole Miss fans for a laugh...gotta watch those rascals over on TD.

They are definitely trolling Ole Miss on the SEC recruiting board. If you want any really accurate AU recruiting news from TD it needs to be on the AU recruiting thread on the AU Board.

Milton's DC is an Ole Miss grad (Pete DeWeese). I don't know the man but he's from the TT leaving in a pine box era of Ole Miss vs AU hatred.

I don't think Carl is into that stuff and I expect the coaches to be professional around the parents at least.

This guy would give us something critical to Gusball we don't currently have on the roster: a RB respected by defenses both for his running the ball from scrimmage and his prowess catching the ball out of the backfield. For that reason, he's a 3 star that would be have the impact of a 5 star in Malzahn's scheme.

Archived