2013 3* RB Peyton Barber signs with AU!

AubTigers

3 star RB from Milton High School, same school as Carl Lawson and my alma mater.

http://recruiting.sc...c=1&nid=5510185

Same hear! Class of 80!

Class of 2002.

So you were probably around when they painted the barn after the Milton-Roswell game? I've seen pictures, but I'm sure that was pretty fun times.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is still something unsettling about competing with Ole Miss or MSU for recruits. The fact that it might be a difficult decision makes matters worse. I know Gus does not have much time, but sure hope we can add some 4*/5* players in the mix.

War Eagle !

Not sure why you feel that way....we are looking up at both of them in the SEC West standings lately. What often counts is who has shown interest for a while and what relationships have developed over that time. And, he must have some potential if UCLA and Ariz St are going to risk air fare for a visit from him.

One source lists this guy at 225# so maybe Gus is looking at a fullback prospect? Meanwhile, I'm figuring that our total number of recruits and rankings will be down this year. Gus doesn't have the name recognition outside of Alabama and it is going to be hard to pull some top kids this late in the game. The JUCOs may make up the difference if they can play immediately.

Would like to see us be able to keep Lawson...and if we get Barber, that's even better.

He honestly reminds me a little of Dyer coming out of high school. Dyer was really my number three choice of the Seastrunk/Lattimore/Dyer lottery. I thought he looked very solid with great balance, strength and vision, but at the same time he seemed to have average speed, was easy to get off his feet (seemed to play smaller than his size), and I didn't see "game changer" in his highlights. Maybe Barber is similar?A guy who doesn't look explosive, but just keeps picking up the yards?

Hmm.. I went to try and find his junior stats, and it sounds like he was injured most of his junior year. That could have something to do with his ranking.

There is still something unsettling about competing with Ole Miss or MSU for recruits. The fact that it might be a difficult decision makes matters worse. I know Gus does not have much time, but sure hope we can add some 4*/5* players in the mix.

War Eagle !

Not sure why you feel that way....we are looking up at both of them in the SEC West standings lately. What often counts is who has shown interest for a while and what relationships have developed over that time. And, he must have some potential if UCLA and Ariz St are going to risk air fare for a visit from him.

One source lists this guy at 225# so maybe Gus is looking at a fullback prospect? Meanwhile, I'm figuring that our total number of recruits and rankings will be down this year. Gus doesn't have the name recognition outside of Alabama and it is going to be hard to pull some top kids this late in the game. The JUCOs may make up the difference if they can play immediately.

Would like to see us be able to keep Lawson...and if we get Barber, that's even better.

We are looking up at Ole Miss & MSU because of lacking #s and decommits, not because those staffs are doing a stellar recruiting job. Sure there are always going to be some guys that are late bloomers or fly under the radar. UCLA & ASU see something in this guy, but it is less about them knowing something the rest of the SEC does not know and more about more talented SEC bound RBs not giving them the time of day. We knew Gus would struggle with some commits in this first class, but as I said I just hope we don't swap out all of our lost 4*/5* guys with 3* guys.

War Eagle !

Ole Miss is doing a stellar job on the recruiting trail this year NCtiger. They are thick in the running for a number of top tier players and their committed players are head and shoulders above their previous classes' talent levels.

He honestly reminds me a little of Dyer coming out of high school. Dyer was really my number three choice of the Seastrunk/Lattimore/Dyer lottery. I thought he looked very solid with great balance, strength and vision, but at the same time he seemed to have average speed, was easy to get off his feet (seemed to play smaller than his size), and I didn't see "game changer" in his highlights. Maybe Barber is similar?A guy who doesn't look explosive, but just keeps picking up the yards?

Hmm.. I went to try and find his junior stats, and it sounds like he was injured most of his junior year. That could have something to do with his ranking.

barber's size is good, vision ok, speed looked very lacking, and power not proportional to his size. but if he comes i hope i misjudged. i felt the same about dyer. he was not a blazer but had deceptional speed, great vision, so short he was hard to see, ok power but didnt break many tackles. and dyer didnt block very well either.

Ole Miss is doing a stellar job on the recruiting trail this year NCtiger. They are thick in the running for a number of top tier players and their committed players are head and shoulders above their previous classes' talent levels.

If they pick off Lawson & Nkemdiche then they will go to another level and be stellar , but as of right now they are doing a solid job for Ole Miss (rank #19 or #20 ?), not Auburn. If we were in their position we would be looking to make a big move or be very disappointed. Again, just trying to point out even given the transistion we are in that I hope we don't just fill slots with 3 * guys. RG will certainly give us a lift and I suspect Gus' final coaching hires will also.

War Eagle !

They are the expected leader for Robert Nkemdiche and Antonio Connor. Ole Miss is still in the running for players like Laquon Treadwill and Stacy Coley as well. Point I was making was that pulling kids from Ole Miss is not the same as if we did that two years ago.

3 star RB from Milton High School, same school as Carl Lawson and my alma mater.

http://recruiting.sc...c=1&nid=5510185

Same hear! Class of 80!

Class of 2002.

So you were probably around when they painted the barn after the Milton-Roswell game? I've seen pictures, but I'm sure that was pretty fun times.

Yep, back before the hospital was built that was tradition! Oh, and there was never any alcohol involved either!

I have seen this kid play. He is good. Milton actually has a junior on the team playing RB that is real good and would fit in Gus's offense well in the Omac position.

Barber Scheduled to UOV Auburn today.

Read somewhere on here that lawson is supposed to talk with coaches today. Will both go to au together since they are from the same area and they are good friends? Or is lawson just doing a phone call?

Read somewhere on here that lawson is supposed to talk with coaches today. Will both go to au together since they are from the same area and they are good friends? Or is lawson just doing a phone call?

Lawson is an in home visit. Barber is scheduled to come to AU today.

Lawson is an in home visit. Barber is scheduled to come to AU today.

Oh ok thanks for the info

Barber is only a 3-Star right now. Seems a little strange that we turn down some 4-stars (Wilkins) for him, but I trust our coaches. I'm sure he is ours, if offer is committable. Is Barber being looked at as Eric Smith type back if Juggernaut goes pro (hope not) but which I think is a strong possibility?

People need to understand that people that are 3 star backs if put in the right system can be just as productive as 4 and 5 star backs. That is why Ameer Abdullah from Homewood is tearing it up at Nebraska. Peyton Barber is a very solid runningback prospect especially as a 3 star. He also is Carl Lawson's teammate.

Coaching staff seems to believe that Jordan Wilkins, for whatever reason, does not fit in their offense as well as other guys.

Barber is only a 3-Star right now. Seems a little strange that we turn down some 4-stars (Wilkins) for him, but I trust our coaches. I'm sure he is ours, if offer is committable. Is Barber being looked at as Eric Smith type back if Juggernaut goes pro (hope not) but which I think is a strong possibility?

We have a ton of work to make up...Right now, it doesn't matter if the offer is committable or not (which it is).

JHoke just put on Rivals that Barber enjoyed his UOV and will be taking an OV to Auburn in the coming month.

Remember that this visit made him miss at least a part if not all of the Ole Miss Bowl game which he originally was scheduled to attend.

JHoke just put on Rivals that Barber enjoyed his UOV and will be taking an OV to Auburn in the coming month.

Remember that this visit made him miss at least a part if not all of the Ole Miss Bowl game which he originally was scheduled to attend.

Missed all of it.

I believe Carl is a lot smarter than one of his teammates going to a school affect him

You must believe our 2 decade pipeline to Dillard HS in Ft. Lauderdale landed us a bunch of idiots then.

I believe Carl is a lot smarter than one of his teammates going to a school affect him

You must believe our 2 decade pipeline to Dillard HS in Ft. Lauderdale landed us a bunch of idiots then.

Another illogical post from aucanuck.

Archived