2013 4* JUCO DT Ben Bradley commits to AU!

AubTigers

So, one way to look at it is that he couldn't get accepted at Kentucky this morning and now is hoping he qualifies at Auburn. If he didn't qualify at Ky, I don't see him getting into AU either. Whatever.

I don't see him fighting his way up the depth chart here through 7 returning DT's. However, since he's an early enrolee we would most certainly benefit from taking him. He could redshirt a year if nothing else.

Frankly we only have 2 DTs that have looked decent in Wright and Blackson and they've been sporadic.

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, one way to look at it is that he couldn't get accepted at Kentucky this morning and now is hoping he qualifies at Auburn. If he didn't qualify at Ky, I don't see him getting into AU either. Whatever.

I don't see him fighting his way up the depth chart here through 7 returning DT's. However, since he's an early enrolee we would most certainly benefit from taking him. He could redshirt a year if nothing else.

We find out on the day and time he is supposed to announce that he can't enroll? Sounds strange to me?

It's already happened once this year with Hooks. Sounds strange to me too, but that's the way it's been working.

Frankly we only have 2 DTs that have looked decent in Wright and Blackson and they've been sporadic.

We have seven on the roster, most of them previous 4* recruits. My thinking is that with some good old fashioned kick-butt coaching they will perform up to their capabilities.

We have seven on the roster, most of them previous 4* recruits. My thinking is that with some good old fashioned kick-butt coaching they will perform up to their capabilities.

Exactly. Enter Rodney garner. The line is going to look different next year

The site updated at 2:17 eastern and it says his teammate is saying Bradley to AU now...interesting.

What site?

Wildcat nation

http://www.wildcatnation.net/forum/entry.php?65-UPDATED-12-59PM-JUCO-DE-Ben-Bradley-To-Announce-Monday-Morning

Thanks. Why do, I do this to myself?

I ask myself the same question!

Ron@rrush59

#BBN RT@Cassidy_Rob Hutch LB Antonio Longino just told me on record that teammate Ben Bradley has committed to Auburn. Have not confirmed.

Can anyone confirm this?

Rob Deaver Jr.@BlueBlood502

@ben_clarks Bradley expected to be a package deal with 4* DT Toby Johnson UGA wants. So they offer Bradley last second and complicated it

Well that makes sense. Now I can see why there is a hold up. He is probably talking to Toby and Toby is not sure yet where he wants to go. UGA is using ya Ben.

Can anyone confirm this?

Rob Deaver Jr.@BlueBlood502

@ben_clarks Bradley expected to be a package deal with 4* DT Toby Johnson UGA wants. So they offer Bradley last second and complicated it

Well that makes sense. Now I can see why there is a hold up. He is probably talking to Toby and Toby is not sure yet where he wants to go. UGA is using ya Ben.

Well it should tell him something that we offered both of them and UGa had only offered Johnson until the very last second when they thought they might lose him.

I do hope that he can see he's just being used as a bargaining tool by UGA. Personally, I wouldn't give them the time of day for doing something like that to me.

I do hope that he can see he's just being used as a bargaining tool by UGA. Personally, I wouldn't give them the time of day for doing something like that to me.

Battle line between AU and GA.... Coach Garner vs Ga staff...... game on.

Too late for that, already gave them at least 5 hours of the day seeing as he was going to committ at 10 AM CT.

I think he wants to be closer to home, too, though. That may be a factor.

Norcross to Athens- 52 miles

Norcross to Auburn- 128 miles

We are competitive there but they are closer although it's only by an hour. Kentucky is not competitive at all in that dept.

I think he wants to be closer to home, too, though. That may be a factor.

Norcross to Athens- 52 miles

Norcross to Auburn- 128 miles

We are competitive there although they are closer but just an hour difference. Kentucky is not competitive at all in that dept.

Yep.

Mikey, this is hijacking all the way, but I don't agree that our current DTs are entrenched. A newcomer could absolutely start for us next fall. I've never seen Ben Bradley, Toby Johnson, or Dee Liner play so I have no idea if any of them would turn the trick, but our interior line play has been subpar for 2 years.

Heck, just look at this year. Ken Carter and Jeff Whitaker should've been entrenched right? They both had two years of playing time, and almost one full year of starting experience (Carter was a part-time starter as a sophomore; Whitaker was full-time). What happened? Carter was beaten out by Blackson but started two games mid-season. Whitaker started the first six games, got injured, and couldn't regain his starting role from Wright. In other words, more experienced players lost their jobs due to a lack of production.

We have bodies at DT. I'm not sure if we have starting-SEC-caliber players. Wright and Blackson have shown bursts without sustained success. Whitaker has shown consistency without any dominance. I've never seen whatever coaches see in Carter. No one else on the roster has tons of meaningful experience (Niles and Sigler have played, but the amount of playing time probably didn't prepare them any better than top notch JUCO starting PT). Nero may figure in as well, but he's as much of a wild card as any signee.

Mikey, this is hijacking all the way, but I don't agree that our current DTs are entrenched. A newcomer could absolutely start for us next fall. I've never seen Ben Bradley, Toby Johnson, or Dee Liner play so I have no idea if any of them would turn the trick, but our interior line play has been subpar for 2 years.

Heck, just look at this year. Ken Carter and Jeff Whitaker should've been entrenched right? They both had two years of playing time, and almost one full year of starting experience (Carter was a part-time starter as a sophomore; Whitaker was full-time). What happened? Carter was beaten out by Blackson but started two games mid-season. Whitaker started the first six games, got injured, and couldn't regain his starting role from Wright. In other words, more experienced players lost their jobs due to a lack of production.

We have bodies at DT. I'm not sure if we have SEC caliber players. Wright and Blackson have shown bursts without sustained success. Whitaker has shown consistency without any dominance. I've never seen whatever coaches see in Carter. No one else on the roster has tons of meaningful experience (Niles and Sigler have played, but the amount of playing time probably didn't prepare them any better than top notch JUCO starting PT). Nero may figure in as well, but he's as much of a wild card as any signee.

I wouldn't call it a hijack.....just nervous waiting room conversation.

Archived