2013 4* JUCO DT Ben Bradley commits to AU!

AubTigers

According to wildcatnation,

"JUCO defensive tackle Ben Bradley will announce his destination between Auburn or Kentucky this morning via his twitter account @IamAmbition98.

This post will be updated once the news rolls in.

12:51 PM Source states that hold up is related to enrollment. If he can enroll today he will choose UK . If not then he will enroll at Auburn. Source states he is wanting UK.

12:59 PM Source states "A lot of people might have to eat crow" on predictions of JUCO DT Ben Bradley to Auburn. Would be huge win for UK. (via Kyle Tucker)

1:24 PM Four-star DT Ben Bradley said he will commit today. His head coach says that's not true & he will decide "later this week." via Rob Cassidy of Yahoo! Sports"

In other words...

50/50

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wildcatnation is reporting that at 11.59 Bradley is trying to enroll at UK. If he can't then he will enroll at Auburn.

Is there more to it than signing a prepared form?

Last update at 12:24 said per Bradley's coach he will not sign today but later this week. This was via Wildcatnation and Rob Cassidy of Yahoo sports.

tweet Rob Cassidy....don't be surprised if he does sign today...not the first time a coach has been left out.

So this is a flowing situation.

Wildcatnation is reporting that at 11.59 Bradley is trying to enroll at UK. If he can't then he will enroll at Auburn.

Beyond guaranteeing him a starting spot, I can not think of one reason why he'd want to sign with Kentucky over Auburn. That would be amazing if true. I can't recall the last recruit we have lost to Kentucky....in football.

Losing top DTs to the cellar dwellers of the SEC is not a great way for this staff to start off recruiting...

In this case,it would be losing. In Hook's case, nothing could be further from the truth. Hooks wanted AU. AU denied a class and he could not enroll at AU.

wde

Losing top DTs to the cellar dwellers of the SEC is not a great way for this staff to start off recruiting...

Agree, especially when it's a great spot for a JUCO to come in and play.

On a side note i think our current DT's have the potential to be great with a new better DL coach and hopefully some better strength and conditioning

In this case,it would be losing. In Hook's case, nothing could be further from the truth. Hooks wanted AU. AU denied a class and he could not enroll at AU.

wde

Stoops is a good defensive recruiter and with Jimmy Brumbaugh on staff at UK might have appeal. Stoops just left FSU.

On a side note i think our current DT's have the potential to be great with a new better DL coach and hopefully some better strength and conditioning

Maybe he feels like he has a better chance to play early at Kentucky?

The site updated at 2:17 eastern and it says his teammate is saying Bradley to AU now...interesting.

Isn't following recruiting interesting.

Ever have the feeling that you are a yo-yo? Up...down...up...down!! This is recruiting.

Yea I had the same feeling in a C-130 after getting a SAM fired at us.

Recruiting is so fun!! lol

It is so funny how this kind of thing happens every year and every year people get on here and get all bent out of shape just for things to get put right a few minutes later....priceless!

So, one way to look at it is that he couldn't get accepted at Kentucky this morning and now is hoping he qualifies at Auburn. If he didn't qualify at Ky, I don't see him getting into AU either. Whatever.

I don't see him fighting his way up the depth chart here through 7 returning DT's. However, since he's an early enrolee we would most certainly benefit from taking him. He could redshirt a year if nothing else.

So, one way to look at it is that he couldn't get accepted at Kentucky this morning and now is hoping he qualifies at Auburn. If he didn't qualify at Ky, I don't see him getting into AU either. Whatever.

I don't see him fighting his way up the depth chart here through 7 returning DT's. However, since he's an early enrolee we would most certainly benefit from taking him. He could redshirt a year if nothing else.

We find out on the day and time he is supposed to announce that he can't enroll? Sounds strange to me?

Archived