2013 4* JUCO DT Ben Bradley commits to AU!

AubTigers

I don't believe distance is a huge factor if he was strongly considering Kentucky.

Perhaps, just going off this quote:

"Everything was leaning toward coming back closer to home," Bradley said. "I was really looking to play SEC football. That's really what narrowed my decision was to play closer to home."

Maybe I read too much into it. In any case, he is coming home now. ;D

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Notice in his statement about Toby Johnson coming to Auburn......... Go coach Garner go... Also says we are looking at Logino at linebacker

Saw this in that article

His roommate, Toby Johnson, is another four-star defensive tackle who was being recruited hard by Auburn defensive line coach Rodney Garner even when Garner was still at Georgia, and Bradley's decision could help sway Johnson.

"Toby told me," Bradley said. "If he sticks to his word, if I go to Auburn, he'll go to Auburn."

We are picking up some nice momentum, hopefully we can ride it all the way into NSD.

Mikey, this is hijacking all the way, but I don't agree that our current DTs are entrenched. A newcomer could absolutely start for us next fall. I've never seen Ben Bradley, Toby Johnson, or Dee Liner play so I have no idea if any of them would turn the trick, but our interior line play has been subpar for 2 years.

Heck, just look at this year. Ken Carter and Jeff Whitaker should've been entrenched right? They both had two years of playing time, and almost one full year of starting experience (Carter was a part-time starter as a sophomore; Whitaker was full-time). What happened? Carter was beaten out by Blackson but started two games mid-season. Whitaker started the first six games, got injured, and couldn't regain his starting role from Wright. In other words, more experienced players lost their jobs due to a lack of production.

We have bodies at DT. I'm not sure if we have starting-SEC-caliber players. Wright and Blackson have shown bursts without sustained success. Whitaker has shown consistency without any dominance. I've never seen whatever coaches see in Carter. No one else on the roster has tons of meaningful experience (Niles and Sigler have played, but the amount of playing time probably didn't prepare them any better than top notch JUCO starting PT). Nero may figure in as well, but he's as much of a wild card as any signee.

Good points all. People should understand that JUCOs are brought in to add to upperclass depth, replacing Freshmen from 2 classes ago that were lost to attrition or are not producing to acceptable levels. They can also be used to fill in other gaps. They are not brought in to replace Tr Freshmen from '12 and '13.

JUCOs should be used every year as a roster management tool to replace the needs from players who didn't make it to their Junior year, for whatever reason. We would have JUCO Seniors on the roster right now if we had brought in JUCOs last year, but we didn't.

We have to get this team to the point where the bulk of the starters are upperclassmen not underclassmen. If the super star underclassman can break thru, that's icing on the cake, but we can't keep depending on underclassmen and be competitive, over the long haul, in the SEC. As a general rule CGC wouldn't replace his attrition with JUCO upperclassmen and that's why he was always using the word "young" as a problem. I don't think Gus is going to get caught in that situation.

Saw this in that article

His roommate, Toby Johnson, is another four-star defensive tackle who was being recruited hard by Auburn defensive line coach Rodney Garner even when Garner was still at Georgia, and Bradley's decision could help sway Johnson.

"Toby told me," Bradley said. "If he sticks to his word, if I go to Auburn, he'll go to Auburn."

Exactly what I posted in the Toby thread. lol

hccBenBradleyTobyJohnson3_082312.jpg

University of AUburn did pretty well recruiting under Chiz....looks like Gus is keeping up the good work.

Archived