Staff Coming Apart At Bammer?

Weegle777

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saban ain't going anywhere. Not a chance. He will retire at Bammer. All we can do is buckle it up and get after his butt.

I agree - it's wasting brain cells to hope, wish, and pray that he leaves UAT. UGA has kicked our butts a lot recently, do we want Mark Richt gone? LSU has kicked our butts, do we want Les Miles gone? It's high time this team pull up their boot straps and stand up to teams like LSU/UGA/UAT, and even freakin Arky :puke: and fight like real Tigers are supposed to fight. It's pointless to wish for a good coach to leave a program when all AU has to do is BEAT them on the field.

I could see him leaving if he got a warning from an old friend that the NCAA would soon be looking around. Get out with his reputation and wins intact

It happened at UCLA in basketball. Wooden retired and the NCAA started watching how UCLA got and kept their star players.. Wooden escaped with his wins and championships while UCLA went on probation in the early 1980s.

Problem is, as long as Emmert is the head dog at the NCAA, I don't see anything happening to Alabama as long as Saban is the coach, and most likely long afterwards because Emmert is not going to let anything besmirch Saban's reputation.

Emmert is at risk for a class action lawsuit for his failure to investigate bama despite a mountain of credible evidence and he has been informed of this possibility. His actions have created an unfair advantage for certain teams while other have been punished for less and College Football is big business with lots of money and jobs at stake. If more of us assure him we are not pleased with his lack of action and perhaps get some Penn State, Ohio State, Miami, UNC etc fans to do the same he might just realize it is in his best interest to play fair and investigate bama thoroughly. I invite ya'll to contact him and let him know he better get to work on bama and encourage fans of other schools victimized by bama's blatant disregard of the rules to do the same.

I could see him leaving if he got a warning from an old friend that the NCAA would soon be looking around. Get out with his reputation and wins intact

It happened at UCLA in basketball. Wooden retired and the NCAA started watching how UCLA got and kept their star players.. Wooden escaped with his wins and championships while UCLA went on probation in the early 1980s.

Problem is, as long as Emmert is the head dog at the NCAA, I don't see anything happening to Alabama as long as Saban is the coach, and most likely long afterwards because Emmert is not going to let anything besmirch Saban's reputation.

That's what happened at UCLA. The NCAA looked the other way and beat up on other programs for years, Wooden leaves and then a few years later the NCAA comes in, but leaves Wooden's legacy alone. Wooden and UCLA should of been stripped if 8 NCAA championships, but they left them alone. The NCAA went after the booster that supported the players for 15 years. 10 of those years with Wooden as the coach.

Emmert is at risk for a class action lawsuit for his failure to investigate bama despite a mountain of credible evidence and he has been informed of this possibility. His actions have created an unfair advantage for certain teams while other have been punished for less and College Football is big business with lots of money and jobs at stake. If more of us assure him we are not pleased with his lack of action and perhaps get some Penn State, Ohio State, Miami, UNC etc fans to do the same he might just realize it is in his best interest to play fair and investigate bama thoroughly. I invite ya'll to contact him and let him know he better get to work on bama and encourage fans of other schools victimized by bama's blatant disregard of the rules to do the same.

Are you serious? :dunno: Class action lawsuit? The NCAA is a voluntary organization made up of "member institutions." They are not limited to due process and they can operate in any state of the union, they can totally ignore state legislatures and university BOT's. They can access huge fines, penalties, sanctions with zero "legal" authority to do so....

It was proven with the Penn State sanctions & fines that the NCAA is now the most powerful organization in the freakin nation. Hell, they don't have to have a single piece of credible evidence or conduct an investigation to hammer a program, i.e. Penn State. Auburn University is a voluntary member of the NCAA, if AU doesn't like the way the NCAA operates then all they have to do is pull their membership.

Been looking at different threads and here are the two theories I have seen about Saban, not saying this is real or factual just stuff I ran across I thought I would share. Two major reoccurring options I have seen.

1) Saban stays at bama. Saban's agent Jimmy Sexton takes advantage of bama's addiction to Saban (crack) and extends his contract to the University of Alabama (crack head junky) for +/- 6 yrs +/-40M + bonuses. Note, Kirby Smart will not stick around for 6 more years waiting to be HC at bama if this is true.

2) Saban bolts to Cleveland where the fans actually want him there, looks to be about 80% in favor of Saban. Seen up to 100M for 10 year contract but I don’t think that anyone would sign a 10 year deal. And the most interesting part is that there are rumors that Saban will have total control of football operations and partial ownership of the Brown's franchise. If true, Saban could make more money on ownership than his annual per-year salary and would be one heck of a retirement package.

Either way Saban will be getting a huge raise in a month or two.

I also don't think a class actioin lawsuit is an option, but I do agree that it will take more than just AU to get the NCAA to do anything about Bama. They'll just look at AU as being jealous of UA's success. If other institutions would join in, perhaps Emmert would do something. However, the risk those institutions might be taking is that they themselves may have some issues they don't want made publc. It could get nasty, which might not be a bad thing after all.

uat has ALWAYS cheated. saban is one of the BEST cheaters they have ever paid to do so.

Are you serious? :dunno: Class action lawsuit? The NCAA is a voluntary organization made up of "member institutions." They are not limited to due process and they can operate in any state of the union, they can totally ignore state legislatures and university BOT's. They can access huge fines, penalties, sanctions with zero "legal" authority to do so....

It was proven with the Penn State sanctions & fines that the NCAA is now the most powerful organization in the freakin nation. Hell, they don't have to have a single piece of credible evidence or conduct an investigation to hammer a program, i.e. Penn State. Auburn University is a voluntary member of the NCAA, if AU doesn't like the way the NCAA operates then all they have to do is pull their membership.

You can sue any private institution even if it is voluntary and especially when money and jobs are concerned. College football is a huge money generator and must abide by it's own rules or can face lawsuits by not only member institutions, but by invested fans as well, who feel they have been wronged. Civil lawsuits don't have to be "legal" only that someone has been wronged-I guess you slept that day in Government class. Secondly have you forgot that one of the ways bama has fought the NCAA is through lawsuits? Thirdly I didn't say sue the NCAA I said sue Emmert. He is personally responsible for insuring that the rules of the NCAA are followed by all members and by ignoring the evidence provided has given an advantage to certain schools all the while punishing others for similar or lesser offenses. The point isn't always to be able to win a civil lawsuit, but rather to create enough of a nuisance that said party acts to avoid the hassle. In this case threatening Emmert might provoke him to nudge his buddy saban to go elsewhere and then take appropriate actions vs bama for their

transgressions. Heck if we wanted we could sue the REC.

You can sue any private institution even if it is voluntary and especially when money and jobs are concerned. College football is a huge money generator and must abide by it's own rules or can face lawsuits by not only member institutions, but by invested fans as well, who feel they have been wronged. Civil lawsuits don't have to be "legal" only that someone has been wronged-I guess you slept that day in Government class. Secondly have you forgot that one of the ways bama has fought the NCAA is through lawsuits? Thirdly I didn't say sue the NCAA I said sue Emmert. He is personally responsible for insuring that the rules of the NCAA are followed by all members and by ignoring the evidence provided has given an advantage to certain schools all the while punishing others for similar or lesser offenses. The point isn't always to be able to win a civil lawsuit, but rather to create enough of a nuisance that said party acts to avoid the hassle. In this case threatening Emmert might provoke him to nudge his buddy saban to go elsewhere and then take appropriate actions vs bama for their

All right man - you carry on with your lawsuit and let us know how it pans out. Just please do all AU fans a favor, and don't let it be known that anyone affiliated with Auburn University instigated it. The last thing we need is to draw more attention from the NCAA. Lord knows, they've set up residence on the Plains long enough.

Been looking at different threads and here are the two theories I have seen about Saban, not saying this is real or factual just stuff I ran across I thought I would share. Two major reoccurring options I have seen.

1) Saban stays at bama. Saban's agent Jimmy Sexton takes advantage of bama's addiction to Saban (crack) and extends his contract to the University of Alabama (crack head junky) for +/- 6 yrs +/-40M + bonuses. Note, Kirby Smart will not stick around for 6 more years waiting to be HC at bama if this is true.

2) Saban bolts to Cleveland where the fans actually want him there, looks to be about 80% in favor of Saban. Seen up to 100M for 10 year contract but I don’t think that anyone would sign a 10 year deal. And the most interesting part is that there are rumors that Saban will have total control of football operations and partial ownership of the Brown's franchise. If true, Saban could make more money on ownership than his annual per-year salary and would be one heck of a retirement package.

Either way Saban will be getting a huge raise in a month or two.

Haslam is one stupid man if those figures are true. You offer that kind of money to Bill Cowher, Tony Dungy, John Gruden, not a guy who had mixed results in the NFL 7-8 yrs ago. I mean Belichik is currently the highest paid NFL coach and makes $7.5 mill/yr. Haslam would prove to be a complete fool to offer that kind of money AND part ownership to a guy that has never done crap in the NFL arena.

All right man - you carry on with your lawsuit and let us know how it pans out. Just please do all AU fans a favor, and don't let it be known that anyone affiliated with Auburn University instigated it. The last thing we need is to draw more attention from the NCAA. Lord knows, they've set up residence on the Plains long enough.

You do realize that since bama got "legal" with the NCAA, the NCAA has treated them with slaps on the wrists despite repeated offenses as bad or worse than what OSU and Miami were doing? This was occurring even before Emmert was president. Your fear of the NCAA is a bit on the paranoid side since they actually have to have reason to investigate and they do have to have evidence to punish-which is why despite the media hanging of AU in 2010 nothing was done to AU. Penn State on the other hand was found to have covered up a criminal action and that is why they were hammered.

You do realize that since bama got "legal" with the NCAA, the NCAA has treated them with slaps on the wrists despite repeated offenses as bad or worse than what OSU and Miami were doing? This was occurring even before Emmert was president. Your fear of the NCAA is a bit on the paranoid side since they actually have to have reason to investigate and they do have to have evidence to punish-which is why despite the media hanging of AU in 2010 nothing was done to AU. Penn State on the other hand was found to have covered up a criminal action and that is why they were hammered.

Can't believe I'm stepping into this argument, but my uninformed opinion (I'm no lawyer) in any case:

I certainly believe member institutions, or even private citizens that can prove they've been harmed, can sue the NCAA. I think any organization can be sued, but a member/associate/employee usually cannot get to a court of law until he/she has exhausted the internal grievance & appeals process of the organization. On the other hand, an organization is required to follow its bylaws and policies equally with all members, and, IMO, can be sued if it is not applying its own rules equally to all. ...particularly when large amounts of money--membership fees, TV & bowl money, and cash penalties--are involved.

But sueing and winning are two different things. Without sufficient evidence, a judge may throw a case out as frivalous before it even gets started. If you make it to trial, the burden of proof is on the plaintiff. If someone has evidence of that strength, they might accomplish just as much and force the NCAA's hand by turning that evidence over to a reporter eager to make a name by releasing the story. (No, not in the biased AL state press...but I can't believe there's not some young rising reporter looking to make a name for himself in Florida, Tennessee, Louisiana, Georgia or elsewhere nationally that would love to have the solid evidence to bring down Bama and/or Saban. And an editor that would let him. The ironclad evidence: There's the catch.)

You do realize that since bama got "legal" with the NCAA, the NCAA has treated them with slaps on the wrists despite repeated offenses as bad or worse than what OSU and Miami were doing?

Link?

Archived