Staff Coming Apart At Bammer?

Weegle777

Another staff member gone. This time to Tennessee.

Tennessee: Alabama recruiting assistant JR Sandlin has accepted a recruiting position with Tennessee.

No offense, but you realize that this guy's position is basically as an assistant who gathers film and edits prospect tapes, right? He's not an on-field coach, he is a recruiting "assistant". To state that the staff is falling apart because an off-field assistant left for another job is an absolutely monumental push.

The guy is a glorified secretary. Responsibilities include setting up visits, organizing travel for coaches on recruiting trips, etc.

Plus he was also an unpaid intern, who wouldn't take a paying job if offered?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another staff member gone. This time to Tennessee.

Tennessee: Alabama recruiting assistant JR Sandlin has accepted a recruiting position with Tennessee.

No offense, but you realize that this guy's position is basically as an assistant who gathers film and edits prospect tapes, right? He's not an on-field coach, he is a recruiting "assistant". To state that the staff is falling apart because an off-field assistant left for another job is an absolutely monumental push.

The guy is a glorified secretary. Responsibilities include setting up visits, organizing travel for coaches on recruiting trips, etc.

Plus he was also an unpaid intern, who wouldn't take a paying job if offered?

Everybody gets paid at bama. Even the players come back for their senior seasons.

You got to have a feelin that all the success Pete Carroll is having at Seattle is eating him alive inside.

And we know he values Pete's opinion.

5d0f1635.jpg

Obviously...since he is having to cover his excited nips. Lol.

His nips don't lie, do they?

You got to have a feelin that all the success Pete Carroll is having at Seattle is eating him alive inside.

5d0f1635.jpg

His nips don't lie, do they?

Even looks like Pete is saying..."Uh, Nick, are your nips getting hard as I talk???"

Nicky: Uh no, I, uh, I don't know what your talking about.

Pete: "Dude, that is just weird....

I take Saban as a guy who thinks of others as a bother unless he wants something. Rumors are just that but he would normally just make a sarcastic comment about worrying about Notre Dame and not what happened in the NFL if he was asked. The notion of him taking the time to answer it is interesting.

Conjecture:

I have pretty good info that Kirby Smart wanted the AU job and Saban was encouraging him to take it. At that time the prevailing thought was that Saban would retire after leaving bama.

Putting info together, Smart went into the interview with AU and acted as if he was doing Auburn a favor. Demanding huge compensation if AU was placed on probation and demanding to know what actually happened. My guess is that it put the search team off of liking him. Then Malzahn is offered and Smart runs off at the mouth saying he wouldn't work at Auburn and it was a mess.

It's all conjecture but it makes sense to me. If Saban does go to the NFL then it is Malzahn that will be having a Happy New Year.

Why would they announce the day before the title game? That makes absolutely no sense. I don't believe even dirty ol' Saban would allow that.

Bottomfeeder, AURandy said his friend told him they would announce it on Jan 8th, the title game is on the 7th.

Hell, here the whole time I thought it was Jan 9. I guess if AU isn't playing it really doesn't matter much to me.

5d0f1635.jpg

:lmao:

Cleveland is second to Buffalo for bad weather . . . but not by much.

Saban is a hillbilly by birth, so getting closer to home and his Midwestern roots may have a swan song appeal to him - especially if they belly up to the bank.

Look at the fan base of Alabama. Then look at the demographics of Cleveland. Its a match.

- You guys said we were fools to think someone like Saban would come to Bama. He did.

- Then we were told how he wouldn't succeed because "he doesn't even have many 10 win seasons" and "CTT has a winning record against him" and "his scorched earth approach doesn't work for long"

- Then it was "he's gonna be there two years, tops"

He could leave tomorrow and I'd wish him well. We're on one of the best 5 year runs in college football history. He's brought us from the bottom and taken us to the top, with at least 2 titles and 2 SEC Championships. We're back to being a national recruiting brand. We're the most relevant team in college football.

i.e. LIGHT YEARS ahead of where we were in 2006.

If he leaves, I'll thank him for his 5 wonderful years in Tuscaloosa, the wonderful work he's done helping rebuild Ttown after the storms wrecked many homes and many lives, and the amazing things he's done with the Nick's kids foundation. And I'll wish him the best of luck in his future endeavors.

Don't want him to go. But won't melt down if he does.

- You guys said we were fools to think someone like Saban would come to Bama. He did.

- Then we were told how he wouldn't succeed because "he doesn't even have many 10 win seasons" and "CTT has a winning record against him" and "his scorched earth approach doesn't work for long"

He could leave tomorrow and I'd wish him well. We're on one of the best 5 year runs in college football history. He's brought us from the bottom and taken us to the top, with at least 2 titles and 2 SEC Championships. We're back to being a national recruiting brand. We're the most relevant team in college football.

If he leaves, I'll thank him for his 5 wonderful years in Tuscaloosa, the wonderful work he's done helping rebuild Ttown after the storms wrecked many homes and many lives, and the amazing things he's done with the Nick's kids foundation. And I'll wish him the best of luck in his future endeavors.

If I were a bammer, I'd feel the exact same way you feel. Your coach is one of the best in the business, can't blame your rival fans if they wish & dream of the day he leaves UAT. >:D

Saban's the type of guy that's very conscious of history and his legacy and if Bama beats ND he'll tie the modern college coaching record of 4 NCAA-recognized nat'l titles (Bryant, Mackay and I think Parseghian...I think Yale and Michigan had 7 title winners or such around 1900). Once he's in the history books it's not unbelievable he'd look to clean up his "couldn't get it done with the big boys in the NFL" legacy.

Bama loses, it would be out of, er, character for Saban jumping to the NFL in 2013. IMHO.

I think Saban as already decided if he is going to stay or leave, the NC game win or lose will not make a difference. So the decision has been made, we will have to wait and see what happens.

I looked on some Cleavand Browns message boards and some think he will be their new HC and others do not so they don't know either.

I for one would be disappointed if Saban goes in the near future. I look forward to watching while Coach Malzahn attempts to get the upper hand on Saban, Miles, Freeze, Richt and Sumlin. Losing great competition is always a very sad thing in college football.

I for one would be disappointed if Saban goes in the near future. I look forward to watching while Coach Malzahn attempts to get the upper hand on Saban, Miles, Freeze, Richt and Sumlin. Losing great competition is always a very sad thing in college football.

I prefer not to have 6 in a row dropped on us like you guys did.

I think Saban as already decided if he is going to stay or leave, the NC game win or lose will not make a difference. So the decision has been made, we will have to wait and see what happens.

I looked on some Cleavand Browns message boards and some think he will be their new HC and others do not so they don't know either.

I agree. I will not be surprised if he stays. I will not be surprised if he goes. He failed miserably in the NFL, the top of the ladder in his profession. That may be eating at him. He has built a dynasty in that hell hole. He may want to stay there where he has job security. We should know, one way or the other, by the middle of January IMO.

Bammer would bankrupt every last booster to keep Saban in command. I am surprised people here actually believe Saban would jump ship from all these NC's that are falling into his hands at UA. Nothing is eating at him, nothing feels left undone in the NFL. Unfortunately for us, he will be at Bama until he calls it quits.

I could see him leaving if he got a warning from an old friend that the NCAA would soon be looking around. Get out with his reputation and wins intact

It happened at UCLA in basketball. Wooden retired and the NCAA started watching how UCLA got and kept their star players.. Wooden escaped with his wins and championships while UCLA went on probation in the early 1980s.

I could see him leaving if he got a warning from an old friend that the NCAA would soon be looking around. Get out with his reputation and wins intact

It happened at UCLA in basketball. Wooden retired and the NCAA started watching how UCLA got and kept their star players.. Wooden escaped with his wins and championships while UCLA went on probation in the early 1980s.

Problem is, as long as Emmert is the head dog at the NCAA, I don't see anything happening to Alabama as long as Saban is the coach, and most likely long afterwards because Emmert is not going to let anything besmirch Saban's reputation.

Archived