JB Grimes hired as new OL coach

autigeremt

Sorry, but this is absolutely a horrible hire. This guy was the offensive line coach at Moo State under Sly Croom and their offensive line was a disaster. This guy is worse than Grimes and Hugh Nall in my opinion

Moo State had a pretty solid rushing attack under Croom, also the number of QB sacks went from 36 before he got there, to 29, to 20. So at least there is improvement in that category.

No they did not. Moo State was last in rushing offense among SEC schools in 2006 and 2008 and 10th in 2007

Dude are you going to do this same old tired argument on every Auburn board? If you are can you mix it up a little and put all of your arguments in one post? Or do you like being argued with? Maybe you might find someone somewhere that will agree with you but most people do research and kind of know what they are talking about before spewing stuff like you have been doing today on Coach Grimes....maybe you should post your employer's name so we can let him know you were a bad hire? That might be an interesting message board topic...

I have done research on this guy and that is why I think he is terrible. I also remember watching how bad his line was at Moo State with my own eyes

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some of you guys would be upset if we hired Bill Belichick.

:bow: :bow: :bow:

:iamwithstupid: I have been lessed than impressed with some of the things I have seen posted about various coaching candidates. I used to really believe we had a special fanbase. I have come to realize we have a fanbase that just happens to be fans of a very special place.

well that's just dumb absolutely your a turd fan

Well durn! It took you until my 8,226th post, but you caught me.

Sorry, but this is absolutely a horrible hire. This guy was the offensive line coach at Moo State under Sly Croom and their offensive line was a disaster. This guy is worse than Grimes and Hugh Nall in my opinion

Moo State had a pretty solid rushing attack under Croom, also the number of QB sacks went from 36 before he got there, to 29, to 20. So at least there is improvement in that category.

No they did not. Moo State was last in rushing offense among SEC schools in 2006 and 2008 and 10th in 2007

Prior to his time with the Jayhawks, Grimes spent five seasons (2004-08) as the offensive line coach at Mississippi State. In his inaugural season MSU rushed for 1,744 yards, the most at the school in four years. Behind his offensive line Mississippi State produced three seasons with a 1,000-yard rusher.

MSU under Croom had no players on offense. They never had a decent QB. There were way more problems than the best O-line coach could have solved.

You don't have to do cartwheels, but don't come in here being a sourpuss over half-assed facts.

So what? Tre Mason had a thousand yards rushing this year. Would you say our line was good? I would not. Most teams have a thousand yards rusher now a days. They were still last in rushing in 2006 and 2008 and 10th in 2007

:iamwithstupid: I have been lessed than impressed with some of the things I have seen posted about various coaching candidates. I used to really believe we had a special fanbase. I have come to realize we have a fanbase that just happens to be fans of a very special place.

Well durn! It took me until my 8,226th post, but you caught me.

Who are you?

Prior to his time with the Jayhawks, Grimes spent five seasons (2004-08) as the offensive line coach at Mississippi State. In his inaugural season MSU rushed for 1,744 yards, the most at the school in four years. Behind his offensive line Mississippi State produced three seasons with a 1,000-yard rusher.

MSU under Croom had no players on offense. They never had a decent QB. There were way more problems than the best O-line coach could have solved.

You don't have to do cartwheels, but don't come in here being a sourpuss over half-assed facts.

I would also note that Moo State was also only 7 GYP from being in the top 4 in the SEC in 2005.

So what? Tre Mason had a thousand yards rushing this year. Would you say our line was good? I would not. Most teams have a thousand yards rusher now a days. They were still last in rushing in 2006 and 2008 and 10th in 2007

Dude u are literally copying and pasting these posts from auburn board to auburn board.... Either come up with a new argument or shut up. Its a freaking OL coach hire no need to lose your mind over it. Also he stopped a few other places than just msu. Had a good tenure at Arkansas and Virginia tech

I still await this stunning collection of facts and educated analysis as to why he's so terrible.

They were also 6th one of his season and 7th another, in a league where they were far from a good team.

Well durn! It took you until my 8,226th post, but you caught me.

Cheeeet, I had you figured out at 7000 posts yah darn gump.

Gus, who won us the Natty in 2010, said he was one of the top 5 O line coaches in the country.

That is good enough for me!

Who all thinks Gus is lyeing, or doesn't understand offensive football?

Meh hire at best.

I'd like to remind everyone that Malzahn has a whopping 1 year of HC experience at a mid-major. He absolutely has not proven that he knows how to build an SEC level staff. For it to take this long to hire a guy that was on his staff at Arkansas State doesn't exactly signal "first choice, home-run" hire.

Meh hire at best.

I'd like to remind everyone that Malzahn has a whopping 1 year of HC experience at a mid-major. He absolutely has not proven that he knows how to build an SEC level staff. For it to take this long to hire a guy that was on his staff at Arkansas State doesn't exactly signal "first choice, home-run" hire.

IF I were a betting man, Gus proly really wanted the OL coach at Vandy. But, when it became clear, then he went with this guy, who was a 2nd or third pick which I am cool with cause personally Gus was my 3rd pick, but I have no complaints as of yet, also remember Gus has a general idea as to what he will get with this guy, so it is a safe pick.

Meh hire at best.

Might not be. Could be "second choice, solid hire." Maybe he was waiting for Hand to make up his mind. Or maybe there are more pieces to the puzzle. If you take a guy with the reputation of being a better teacher than recruiter in one spot, you need to perhaps grab a better recruiter in another slot. So waiting on this hire could have to do with knowing what you're getting in other spots.

It's impossible to tell whether an O-Line coach is good or not from statistics. It's not like judging QB or LB production from the stats. There aren't really any O-Line stats. Personally, I'm meh on this one. Wish we could have pulled Herb Hand from the mighty Vanderbilt.

Gus, who won us the Natty in 2010, said he was one of the top 5 O line coaches in the country.

That is good enough for me!

Who all thinks Gus is lying, or doesn't understand offensive football?

Count me as a vote for sentence 1, I think I'll go with Gus.

Meh hire at best.

But even with such a limited amount of HC experience, Gus still knows more about hiring coaches than anyone on this board.

So Gus is not truthful when he says: Coach Gimes is one of the top 5 O line coaches in the country?

I wouldn't say that, he might have been the first choice, or second, or third, or fourth, or even fifth.

So Gus is not truthful when he says: Coach Gimes is one of the top 5 O line coaches in the country?

No way this guy is a top 5 offensive line coach. He might be in the bottom 5 worse OL coaches

Then who would you hire?

No way this guy is a top 5 offensive line coach. He might be in the bottom 5 worse OL coaches

More fact-free yapping. So glad to have fans like this wearing the same colors. <_<

OK so Gus is very dishonest then, I see ur point.

Archived