JB Grimes hired as new OL coach

autigeremt

I like it. New blood. Sounds like Gus is trying to put together a sound staff with great character. We need leaders of men not friends of players. These kids can feel cared about by their coaches without having to be their buddies. Now add Rocker and Garner and we are really talking!!

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry, but this is absolutely a horrible hire. This guy was the offensive line coach at Moo State under Sly Croom and their offensive line was a disaster. This guy is worse than Grimes and Hugh Nall in my opinion

Seems to be a solid hire. Seasoned...experienced...journeyman coach....probably past the point in his career where he aspires to be a head coach or OC so that can lead to stability..Got to trust Gus to blend together a good staff. Welcome Coach JB Grimes!

Sorry, but this is absolutely a horrible hire. This guy was the offensive line coach at Moo State under Sly Croom and their offensive line was a disaster. This guy is worse than Grimes and Hugh Nall in my opinion

So coaching four years under Beamer at Va Tech means nothing?

First, I am happy to see Gus finally hire another assistant. Second, I am very happy to see him hire Coach JB Grimes. He may be 57, but he looks pretty squared away to me. And you can't beat his experience. Looks like he will be able to coach up our highly-rated O-linemen.

why would it mean anything, just asking...

Ignore him. He will hate anything Gus does

Look at his resume in the last 4 years:

2009: Unemployed

2010: Kansas under Turner Gill

2011: unemployed

2012: Arkansas State

His resume in that time period is about as weak as you can get. No, I dont care that he worked for Beamer 15 years ago. Every coach Beamer hires is not great. Most Virginia Tech fans want to fire their current offenisve coordinator today

Moo State had a pretty solid rushing attack under Croom, also the number of QB sacks went from 36 before he got there, to 29, to 20. So at least there is improvement in that category.

Are you going out to the airport to boo him?

How informed is your opinion?

Color me unimpressed.

Shocker.

Look at his resume in the last 4 years:

2009: Unemployed

2010: Kansas under Turner Gill

2011: unemployed

2012: Arkansas State

His resume in that time period is about as weak as you can get. No, I dont care that he worked for Beamer 15 years ago. Every coach Beamer hires is not great. Most Virginia Tech fans want to fire their current offenisve coordinator today

Well we'll know in a couple of years whether this is a horrible hire or not.

Moo State had a pretty solid rushing attack under Croom, also the number of QB sacks went from 36 before he got there, to 29, to 20. So at least there is improvement in that category.

No they did not. Moo State was last in rushing offense among SEC schools in 2006 and 2008 and 10th in 2007

Welcome to the Auburn Family Coach Grimes, and War Eagle! I wish you the best of everything on the future!

Things are coming together Auburn boys and girls. I like it!

He looks like my kind of coach. Knows how to teach the detailed fundamentals of the position and preaches "character and toughness". Plus, he already knows and understands the blocking schemes for Gus's offense. It doesn't get much better than that, it's just what we need. Welcome aboard Coach Grimes.

No they did not. Moo State was last in rushing offense among SEC schools in 2006 and 2008 and 10th in 2007

Dude are you going to do this same old tired argument on every Auburn board? If you are can you mix it up a little and put all of your arguments in one post? Or do you like being argued with? Maybe you might find someone somewhere that will agree with you but most people do research and kind of know what they are talking about before spewing stuff like you have been doing today on Coach Grimes....maybe you should post your employer's name so we can let him know you were a bad hire? That might be an interesting message board topic...

Some of you guys would be upset if we hired Bill Belichick.

:bow: :bow: :bow:

:iamwithstupid: I have been less than impressed with some of the things I have seen posted about various coaching candidates. I used to really believe we had a special fanbase. I have come to realize we have a fanbase that just happens to be fans of a very special place.

:iamwithstupid: I have been lessed than impressed with some of the things I have seen posted about various coaching candidates. I used to really believe we had a special fanbase. I have come to realize we have a fanbase that just happens to be fans of a very special place.

True but some of our so called fans are big posers....it might take a while but they show their colors...eventually

:iamwithstupid: I have been lessed than impressed with some of the things I have seen posted about various coaching candidates. I used to really believe we had a special fanbase. I have come to realize we have a fanbase that just happens to be fans of a very special place.

well that's just dumb absolutely your a turd fan

Prior to his time with the Jayhawks, Grimes spent five seasons (2004-08) as the offensive line coach at Mississippi State. In his inaugural season MSU rushed for 1,744 yards, the most at the school in four years. Behind his offensive line Mississippi State produced three seasons with a 1,000-yard rusher.

MSU under Croom had no players on offense. They never had a decent QB. There were way more problems than the best O-line coach could have solved.

You don't have to do cartwheels, but don't come in here being a sourpuss over half-assed facts.

Archived