Emory Blake Twitter Comments

Sid

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Emory is being very PC and that is the right (and expected) way for Emory to handle it.

wde

Actually Emory is being honest and any implications that he would say something just because it sounds good (PC) is bascially calling him dishonest.

In fact, EB did not have to say or write anything at all...but he chose to make a statement which has been consistent with all the comments I have seen from players after Chiz was let go. Another player said that Chiz got a standing ovation after he made his "farewell" talk. Say whatever you want about Chiz's coaching abilities but he was/is a player's coach and got that team through a terrible season in 2010 when few coaches could have stood up under the media attack like he did. Meanwhile, EB is a quality guy and I have no reason to think he would shade the truth to be PC.

Emory is being very PC and that is the right (and expected) way for Emory to handle it.

wde

Actually Emory is being honest and any implications that he would say something just because it sounds good (PC) is bascially calling him dishonest.

In fact, EB did not have to say or write anything at all...but he chose to make a statement which has been consistent with all the comments I have seen from players after Chiz was let go. Another player said that Chiz got a standing ovation after he made his "farewell" talk. Say whatever you want about Chiz's coaching abilities but he was/is a player's coach and got that team through a terrible season in 2010 when few coaches could have stood up under the media attack like he did. Meanwhile, EB is a quality guy and I have no reason to think he would shade the truth to be PC.

Emory is saying nice things about a nice man (Chizik).

wde

wde

wde

Agree.

I am not a tweeter... too old... might break something. And, I know it is on the internet so it must be true. But, isn't that just a bit looooong for a tweet?

Emory is a fine young man and a high road guy. Clearly, we had issues. That does not mean he needs to trash anyone's reputation. There was that 2010 BCS championship under Chizik's watch!

WDE

wde

wde

Agree.

Emory Blake's perspective on the situation is much different than ours. He seems to be a great person and teammate. Sometimes when you are in the fray, so to speak, things look different. It is ok for each of us to have our own opinion based on perspective. The bottom line was changes were needed, and changes were made. Time will tell if it was the right change, or ENOUGH change.

Tried to tell you guys yesterday. Go against the company line and get blasted by the "If an Auburn player or Auburn coach say it, it is gospel." crowd. Thought y'all would have learned that going against these militant posters is a no-no here. :dunno:

High Expectations and no senior leadership. We took for granted 2010, how quickly the tide turns. It was a perfect storm with seniors with loads of experience at every position. The o-line arguably the most important part of an offense had 4 seniors starting on it with 30 games of starting each. We started 4 freshman for the first time this year and the line was disappointing, but expectations have blinded your ability to see rationally. We lost so much more after the 2010 season. We entered the dark ages of experience and leadership which does more to develop talent than many five it credit for. Our first top 5 class got one year under those seniors. Then 32 of our leaders the core of our team graduated and or left for better opportunities leaving 50 plus players with little or no experience and no senior leadership to show these stud recruits what hard work and being auburn men is about. The coaches are not available all the time but the players are always there. Auburn started more freshmen the next season than another team, except maybe Tennessee. Even this year we are only graduating 13 seniors who only had two years under hard working leaders. The cycle is going to continue till the 2010 guys can impart some wisdom to the younger classes that they should have worked harder and avoided the BS. You can't coach leadership, despite what posters on this board think. Will we turn it around more than likely. Malzahn is an offensive genius, the defense will be good but will still be hurting unless they get enough depth to stay fresh. When we get leadership in the players we will start to win games. Until then it will be bumpy. Just the thoughts if an unwavering auburn man.

Are y'all listening to yourselves and thinking about what you are posting ?

There will be plenty of time and future useful threads to dissect the joy of last season.

One of our Srs. had a supportive opinion and it was posted.

Let it be.

So what really did cause the problem?

Several things I think. Among them: New offensive and defensive systems which AU's current players (especially at QB) weren't really suited to run. An extremely young offensive line that was in a seemingly constant state of flux. Some players that expected to just have success handed to them and weren't "all in" in the face of adversity. (Recall the player meetings and some of the comments by some upperclassmen in the early to mid-season?) Holes in talent/ability with some starters in critical areas. Some bad chemistry, as in "these things just don't mix." Also, one thing that I think is hard to quantify is that sometimes when a big ol' ball of crap starts rolling downhill, it gains momentum and becomes really hard to stop.

Message board rumours and after the fact "reporting" notwithstanding, the coaches we had last season didn't all of a sudden forget how to coach. They all had past success and I think they'll have success in the future. And the players last season didn't all of a sudden forget how to play. Most were highly recruited and come from successful backgrounds, and more than a few that struggled will have future success.

All in all I think it was just a perfect storm. Sometimes there is no understanding. Sometimes it just is.

Tried to tell you guys yesterday. Go against the company line and get blasted by the "If an Auburn player or Auburn coach say it, it is gospel." crowd. Thought y'all would have learned that going against these militant posters is a no-no here. :dunno:

Yes, BY ALL MEANS, TRUST, what you read from posters on the Internet over coaches and players any day.

Well, in a way that is true as perception can have the same impact as reality and most of the perceptions about the AU program were created in forums and on talk radio.

Tried to tell you guys yesterday. Go against the company line and get blasted by the "If an Auburn player or Auburn coach say it, it is gospel." crowd. Thought y'all would have learned that going against these militant posters is a no-no here. :dunno:/>

Yes, BY ALL MEANS, TRUST, what you read from posters on the Internet over coaches and players any day.

Well, in a way that is true as perception can have the same impact as reality and most of the perceptions about the AU program were created in forums and on talk radio.

Wow. Really? So going 3-9 had zero to do with the players or the coaches? So who is left? Think before you post.

**LET ME SAY THIS BEFORE I GO ON, IT IS A NEW DAY IN AUBURN, WE HAVE A NEW COACH AND I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO WHAT GUS WILL DO.**

Now, if a player or coach on this football team came out on twitter and said that we were changing the colors from burnt and navy to purple and chartreuse, you would take it as gospel wouldn't you! Look at the end results people! You don't go 3-9 and look absolutely lost on the field if something isn't wrong! Some of you are beginning to worry me about how you will just fall in line so easily with anything that is said. Be your own person.

Emory was so much fun to watch. And though we had a very tough season, he and other gjuys never gave up and a lot of them gave 110% every week. Guys like Emory will always be true Auburn men in our hearts. We thank you for giving it all you had and then some.

Tried to tell you guys yesterday. Go against the company line and get blasted by the "If an Auburn player or Auburn coach say it, it is gospel." crowd. Thought y'all would have learned that going against these militant posters is a no-no here. :dunno:/>

Wow. Really? So going 3-9 had zero to do with the players or the coaches? So who is left? Think before you post.

**LET ME SAY THIS BEFORE I GO ON, IT IS A NEW DAY IN AUBURN, WE HAVE A NEW COACH AND I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO WHAT GUS WILL DO.**

Now, if a player or coach on this football team came out on twitter and said that we were changing the colors from burnt and navy to purple and chartreuse, you would take it as gospel wouldn't you! Look at the end results people! You don't go 3-9 and look absolutely lost on the field if something isn't wrong! Some of you are beginning to worry me about how you will just fall in line so easily with anything that is said. Be your own person.

++++++++++10,000 Weegs...

I don't believe anyone who says the team didn't quit. I can understand the players not admitting it, but that's what happened. There were players out there still giving it their all on occasion. But collectively this team mailed it in after the arky game.

When a pattern things start going bad and its momentum gains critical mass, as a coach, its hard to turn it around. So much went down leading into this past season starting with the armed robbery and ending with the pool party shootings. I am aware those events spanned a period of over a year which could metaphorically be paralleled to a downward spiral that affected the players and coaches as well. Personally, I can see how events of that magnitude could precipitate subtle changes in interpersonal relationships and the way they're managed team wide; all leading to the absolutely disastrous end result in 2012. Everyone associated honestly believed nothing had changed in any way but obviously the results scream a different story. Its hard to imagine a fall occurring this steep this quickly but it certainly appeared, especially after the LSU game, that expectations of imminent disaster played out in reality. Its hard to believe if I hadn't seen it myself but its a new day now with a new leader bringing with him hopes for a better future and I expect things will be better sooner rather than later. Im ready to let the past go and i wish a few here would join me in looking to the future with positive expectancy!

I don't believe anyone who says the team didn't quit. I can understand the players not admitting it, but that's what happened. There were players out there still giving it their all on occasion. But collectively this team mailed it in after the arky game.

You're entitled to believe anything you wish. I cant help but wonder what purpose your disbelief serves you. It is what it is, but most importantly its over. Copying over and over what you believe about team effort proves what? Things are rarely if ever what they seem and basing beliefs on what things seem is not wise.

Are y'all listening to yourselves and thinking about what you are posting ?

There will be plenty of time and future useful threads to dissect the joy of last season.

One of our Srs. had a supportive opinion and it was posted.

Let it be.

AMEN!

i see some of the 3rd grade silliness that infested the A&E board is making its return.....

Well now, we can't have that can we? You must put a stop to it immediately. People having fun; How rude!

Archived