Westerman gone? Merged threads.

AuburnWarVet

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Golf does not look bad for being 900 years old.

That's Golf's little brother. The one who got the brains of the family. ;)

Ah. That makes so much more since now.

The sad thing is, little brother got all of the looks also.

Guest jojo1515

I cant wait til the day I open a thread and see real conversation about AU football. I know its offseason and all, but its getting old seeing golf comments and inside jokes almost every single time I open a thread. #officiallylookingforanactualfootballforum

Edit: The worst is the nonstop bickering I see ruin countless threads. Is this still a football forum or some wierd branch of facebook?

I cant wait til the day I open a thread and see real conversation about AU football. I know its offseason and all, but its getting old seeing golf comments and inside jokes almost every single time I open a thread. #officiallylookingforanactualfootballforum

Edit: The worst is the nonstop bickering I see ruin countless threads. Is this still a football forum or some wierd branch of facebook?

:yes:

I personally wish they would keep it to PM's.

Once recruiting is over, it'll be time for Smackydoodle to go in a dead period because if it's anything like AE was, that's all you're going to see. It's the same old tired jokes over... and over... and over... however the results are the same... thread comes to an end... kind of like this one!

If all I wanted were "the facts," I would probably just read the paper.

I just don't get the urge to rain on other people's parades. Why try to quell the banter? And why attack folks, then claim that the worst part of reading these threads is the bickering? Sounds to me like someone is trying to pick a fight, while simultaneously claiming not to like fights.

I don't think every thread should be filled with jokes. WarTiger requested nothing in the Touchdown Auburn Bowl threads than the teams we picked. If we wanted to talk about it, he asked us to make another thread. That makes perfect sense, and I love the TDAU Bowl. But if every thread were like that, I'm not sure what the point of coming here would be.

:headscratch:

I just don't get the urge to rain on other people's parades. Why try to quell the banter? And why attack folks, then claim that the worst part of reading these threads is the bickering? Sounds to me like someone is trying to pick a fight, while simultaneously claiming not to like fights.

I don't think every thread should be filled with jokes. WarTiger requested nothing in the Touchdown Auburn Bowl threads than the teams we picked. If we wanted to talk about it, he asked us to make another thread. That makes perfect sense, and I love the TDAU Bowl. But if every thread were like that, I'm not sure what the point of coming here would be.

You read the paper for facts? ;) Pre-merger AUN was strict in requiring early, legit (vs "other board") sources or they got locked quickly, which among other advantages limited blather (low caliber banter?) and thread length.

Guest jojo1515

:headscratch:/>

I assume you think that you can disprove my point about bickering by trying to get me to argue with you. No thanks. If you want and like the bickering, have at it. I'll keep out and continue looking forward to the day we actually have something worth talking about.

There's no point in gettin your dander up jojo.

In less than one month, we've lost an entire coaching staff, hired a new HC and he's trying his best to bring in his own staff.

We've just witnessed the worst AU football season in my lifetine. Unfortunately, we aren't preparing for a bowl game like many other teams, it's the dead period for recruiting. Coach Malzhan just said that every position on the team is wide-ass open....... So, what kind of "football" is there to discuss right now? :dunno:

There's no point in gettin your dander up jojo.

In less than one month, we've lost an entire coaching staff, hired a new HC and he's trying his best to bring in his own staff.

We've just witnessed the worst AU football season in my lifetine. Unfortunately, we aren't preparing for a bowl game like many other teams, it's the dead period for recruiting. Coach Malzhan just said that every position on the team is wide-ass open....... So, what kind of "football" is there to discuss right now? :dunno:

thank you keesler, for pointing out there is NO football to discuss. if someone wants serious discussion its not that far away. try the political forum.

If the paper had one paragraph of "facts" for every 4 paragraphs of stupid, old, inside jokes; would you read it?

I've come to realize that those that make these stupid, old, inside jokes are intentionally trying to destroy the forum. There's no other explanation for why they continue after being asked millions of times to quit.

Once the admins realize this, they will all be gone forever.

You read the paper for facts? ;) Pre-merger AUN was strict in requiring early, legit (vs "other board") sources or they got locked quickly, which among other advantages limited blather (low caliber banter?) and thread length.

:laugh: Not really. I come here for the nice mix of banter and facts. There is a social aspect to this for me, so it's odd for me to try to imagine what the boards would be like if all they did was present facts (which is something like the ideal newspapers once aspired to).

If the paper had one paragraph of "facts" for every 4 paragraphs of stupid, old, inside jokes; would you read it?

I've come to realize that those that make these stupid, old, inside jokes are intentionally trying to destroy the forum. There's no other explanation for why they continue after being asked millions of times to quit.

:ucrazy:

:laugh::roflol: you come to a message board to get "facts"? Thanks for the belly laugh. I saw more than one thread stating it was a "fact" that Bobby Petrino would be our next coach. I saw moret than one thread stating it was "fact" that Jimbo Fisher would be our next coach. Message boards are for people to come together and "discuss" things. In this case, things Auburn related. We are not going to a bowl. We are not practicing. Right now all we are doing is "speculating" and are in "hurry up and wait" mode. Again, thanks for the laugh!

:laugh::roflol: you come to a message board to get "facts"? Thanks for the belly laugh. I saw more than one thread stating it was a "fact" that Bobby Petrino would be our next coach. I saw moret than one thread stating it was "fact" that Jimbo Fisher would be our next coach. Message boards are for people to come together and "discuss" things. In this case, things Auburn related. We are not going to a bowl. We are not practicing. Right now all we are doing is "speculating" and are in "hurry up and wait" mode. Again, thanks for the laugh!

You'll be one of us that's "gone forever," WE10! You better watch out!

Back to reality for a second, the question we're all waiting on the answer to is whether Christian Westerman will be gone forever.

I suppose we all just better stop posting until someone finds out the final, factual answer to that question.

OR ELSE!!!!! Muahahahaha.

Back to reality for a second, the question we're all waiting on the answer to is whether Christian Westerman will be gone forever.

I suppose we all just better stop posting until someone finds out the final, factual answer to that question.

I come here for entertainment, to spend time with Auburn people, and get Auburn news. I understand what a message board is all about. If I wanted nothing but "facts", I would join a pay site. Like you, I come here for the inter-action. I have never met a single person from any message board, but there are people here I enjoy tremendously. I enjoy their sense of humor. I enjoy the back-and-forth. I enjoy laughing. Knowing that the inter-action ticks off some of these people, with sticks stuck in places they don't belong, well that just adds to my entertainment value!

P.S. Do we know yet if Westerman is staying or leaving?

It really doesn't matter because the world is going to end in 3 days anyway........at least according to the Mayan calendar....and then Christian Westerman will indeed be gone forever.....

I come here for entertainment, to spend time with Auburn people, and get Auburn news. I understand what a message board is all about. If I wanted nothing but "facts", I would join a pay site. Like you, I come here for the inter-action. I have never met a single person from any message board, but there are people here I enjoy tremendously. I enjoy their sense of humor. I enjoy the back-and-forth. I enjoy laughing. Knowing that the inter-action ticks off some of these people, with sticks stuck in places they don't belong, well that just adds to my entertainment value!

Just curious, why do you hyphenate the word 'interaction'?

Is that how Christian Westerman spells the word?

It really doesn't matter because the world is going to end in 3 days anyway........at least according to the Mayan calendar....and then Christian Westerman will indeed be gone forever.....

Yes, there's always that. Until December 22. I, for one, hope CW decides to hang with us. Also, I hope that the Mayan calendar is mistaken.

Just curious, why do you hyphenate the word 'interaction'?

Is that how Christian Westerman spells the word?

Not sure. I may have picked it up from him. Definitely not the first time, nor it will be the last, that I do that with a word.

P.S. Any new news on Westerman? Just "facts" please!

Sorry for the inconvenience jojo. Yes I am really old so please forgive those numnuts that post that stupid crap. Their all bird lovers anyway. I do not post near as much as AE days so hopefully that helps you.

As for CW we have few if any real insiders on the site everyone is mostly guessing at this time.

IMO CW is gone.

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/asu/articles/20121213christian-westerman-transferring-from-auburn-to-asu.html?nclick_check=1

Sorry for the inconvenience jojo. Yes I am really old so please forgive those numnuts that post that stupid crap. Their all bird lovers anyway. I do not post near as much as AE days so hopefully that helps you.

As for CW we have few if any real insiders on the site everyone is mostly guessing at this time.

IMO CW is gone.

http://www.azcentral...?nclick_check=1

Solid stuff! Thanks for that Golf! (I admit it, I wrote in Birds name for President of our great United States of America)

Archived