Westerman gone? Merged threads.

AuburnWarVet

another thread needlessly hijacked......sad.

You know, if it saddens you so much, you should keep in mind that your presence is voluntary...

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has it been verified if Christian has left or not? I have seen a lot of speculation, but nothing concrete.

P.S. Bird is renowned. Golf is reclowned.

I've been wondering the same. Haven't heard anything definite yet.

Hate to hear this. He was big time commit when we got him. I would guess that with his struggles understanding CGM's offense the first time around he didn't wanna risk falling back down the depth chart again. We have lots of studs still at the OL that need to be developed so we will be ok just hate to see another highly ranked kid leave.

I would guess that with his struggles understanding CGM's offense the first time around he didn't wanna risk falling back down the depth chart again.

What struggles would those be? I don't recall any. Kid redshirted in 2011.

I would guess that with his struggles understanding CGM's offense the first time around he didn't wanna risk falling back down the depth chart again.

What struggles would those be? I don't recall any. Kid redshirted in 2011.

Well if I recall part of the reason he redshirted in 2011 was because he was having trouble grasping the offense. There were a few articles reporting how he would hit people hard but he was hitting the wrong people hard. Also I know I watched an interview in the spring where he talked about how he had struggle understanding his blocking assignments. I could be completely off base but I am quite certain there were quite a few reports and articles discussing some of this. Not saying this kid couldn't do it, just trying to guess at a reason he might leave. I expect he will be a starter in 2014 for the Sun Devils

Has it been verified if Christian has left or not? I have seen a lot of speculation, but nothing concrete.

Looks like it is official. I hate it. Wish him the best.

http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/2012/12/13/2311717/auburn-football-notes-freshman.html#storylink=rss

http://www.ledger-en...l#storylink=rss

I had prepared and braced for a few players to leave.

Wishing him a healthy and prosperous college football experience.

He won't be the last

^^^

And along comes Debbie Downer.

Debbie Downer? This happens with every coaching change regardless of school. Guys will leave because of the new coaches.

So there is really no need to state this.

One article I read said one reason he is leaving is because of the NCAA investigation at AU that is going on. Any word on if this might be something to be concerned about? Does he know something we don't?

One article I read said one reason he is leaving is because of the NCAA investigation at AU that is going on. Any word on if this might be something to be concerned about? Does he know something we don't?

I doubt he knows anything that we don't. It'd be all over this board.

Sounds like gossip to me. IF he transfers, he will have to sit a year, thus losing a year of eligibilty. If he stays, and we get hammered hard, there is a chance he could leave and not lose any eligibilty.

Sounds like gossip to me. IF he transfers, he will have to sit a year, thus losing a year of eligibilty. If he stays, and we get hammered hard, there is a chance he could leave and not lose any eligibilty.

Smart post. Seems a lot more likely to me that he's decided to transfer due to Grimes being let go and the fact that he's struggled to crack the starting lineup.

http://www.ledger-en...l#storylink=rss

It's not official yet. The coaches are still trying to get him to stay.

I posted awhile about this. You never know how it goes with a kid. Leaving or staying doesn't necessarily show a lack of character or commitment. Hopefully he'll hear the coaches out and be happy beyond his wildest dreams at Auburn. If not, then I wish him the same somewhere else.

But Auburn would be best. :)

So 16 pages in and we still don't know if he's gone or not? :dunno:

That's what living life in the fast lane is all about. Just buckle up and hold on.

;D

Stay, go. Go, stay...matters not. We will know come spring.

Maybe not. He may stay through the spring and then make a final decision.

Stay, go. Go, stay...matters not. We will know come spring.

Do, or do not. There is no try...

Archived