Could Lawson or Liner start over our current DL?

Dual-Threat Rigby

Lawson beat every single offensive lineman thrown at him during the Rivals 100 Challenge. Pretty sure I remember him beating Khalil Rodgers as well as entering into a standoff one other time...but regardless, Rodgers was the only one to reach standoff, and no one won a point against him. He's the best DE prospect in the country. He might not start, but he'll have at least as big a role as Lemonier did in his true freshman season.

No not IMO. Dominating under size players in high school does not translate to immediately dominating at the college level in most positions.

At this point I don't know if Lawson and Liner is better than the guys that are backups to Ford and Lemonier. I don't think

Delaine, Harrell, President, Sanders, Owens and Equae have been working their butts off to let some highly tauted true freshmen

come in and beat them out. I could be wrong but I would be shocked if either of them starts any game as true freshmen IF all of

the DE's on the current roster remains.

Agree..there is a world of diff. Between HS and college.

Since our current DL have been coached down and under developed to a HS level since February of 2011, a very talented DL HS recruit would have a decent shot at, if not starting, but getting significant playing time.

wde

Lawson beat every single offensive lineman thrown at him during the Rivals 100 Challenge. Pretty sure I remember him beating Khalil Rodgers as well as entering into a standoff one other time...but regardless, Rodgers was the only one to reach standoff, and no one won a point against him. He's the best DE prospect in the country. He might not start, but he'll have at least as big a role as Lemonier did in his true freshman season.

I live about 5 miles from Milton HS. I have NEVER seen 1 or even 2 OL contain him for long. He is that strong!!! Walton HS has one of the best O-Lines in the nation. He owned them. He already has an All-SEC build and speed. He will be the strongest D-linemen on whatever team he plays for. He and Clowney are the 2 best DE I have ever seen in HS. Clowney is tall, Lawson is NFL strong. Laugh if you want, but whoever gets to go against him in practice will either become a great OT or they will get an A** whoopin every day. If you have never seen him in person you should withhold judgment.

I live about 5 miles from Milton HS. I have NEVER seen 1 or even 2 OL contain him for long. He is that strong!!! Walton HS has one of the best O-Lines in the nation. He owned them. He already has an All-SEC build and speed. He will be the strongest D-linemen on whatever team he plays for. He and Clowney are the 2 best DE I have ever seen in HS. Clowney is tall, Lawson is NFL strong. Laugh if you want, but whoever gets to go against him in practice will either become a great OT or they will get an A** whoopin every day. If you have never seen him in person you should withhold judgment.

My guess is that both would be given every opportunity to play. Lawson certainly has looked dominant so far. They may not be able to earn a starting spot right away. I would never say never with either of them, though.

My guess is that both would be given every opportunity to play. Lawson certainly has looked dominant so far. They may not be able to earn a starting spot right away. I would never say never with either of them, though.

To be completely honest, I would be surprised if any newcomer wins a DT job. I could see Liner winning the SDE spot if Corey leaves early and Lawson takes the WDE spot, but that's a very long shot with the amount of athletes we have vying at DE.

I expect Wright and Blackson to start at DT next year, but Jeff Whitaker still has the ability and experience to make a play for one of those spots. Nero might have an outside chance, as well.

This kind of threads happen every year. Super man wears so and so's PJs..and then they show up and ride the pines for a year or 2 or 3. Who was the last true freshman to start for Auburn on the d-line? I will say this, if Lawson and Liner end up starting , this Auburn team is in much worse shape that I originally thought.

It's safe to assume Lemonier will come back and we'll have him and Ford with alot of experience, but Lawson and Liner are getting hyped up pretty much, so I'm wondering with a good enough showing, could one or both start by next Fall?

"Safe to assume Lemonier will come back"? Really?? Right now I'm more inclined to believe he will go pro unless his stock drops a lot.

It would be better for Lemonier to stick around. He is not NFL ready. He needs to put on some muscle and play more consistently. I hope he is not listening to bad advice. It seems like folks at Auburn are constantly telling the kids to jump to the NFL. More than a few have regretted it. Some have said the only reason they went is because "everybody was telling them to go". Maybe we need to start urging our guys to hang around.

It's safe to assume Lemonier will come back and we'll have him and Ford with alot of experience, but Lawson and Liner are getting hyped up pretty much, so I'm wondering with a good enough showing, could one or both start by next Fall?

"Safe to assume Lemonier will come back"? Really?? Right now I'm more inclined to believe he will go pro unless his stock drops a lot.

It would be better for Lemonier to stick around. He is not NFL ready. He needs to put on some muscle and play more consistently. I hope he is not listening to bad advice. It seems like folks at Auburn are constantly telling the kids to jump to the NFL. More than a few have regretted it. Some have said the only reason they went is because "everybody was telling them to go". Maybe we need to start urging our guys to hang around.

usually when players say "everybody" was telling them to go..they're talking about talking heads, agents and family. I dont believe Auburn coaches mis-lead players about their readiness for the NFL

Seniors and all Juniors who request them are given an anonymous scouting guide and draft projection from the NFL itself. They have the chance to move up with the Combine, but the report gives an unbiased view...which means it is likely that Corey himself doesn't really know yet.

This kind of threads happen every year. Super man wears so and so's PJs..and then they show up and ride the pines for a year or 2 or 3. Who was the last true freshman to start for Auburn on the d-line? I will say this, if Lawson and Liner end up starting , this Auburn team is in much worse shape that I originally thought.

When was the last time Auburn signed the #2 player in the country?

Lawson is a monster. Lemonier is the only guy on the roster who has the same kind of presence as a pass rusher. It is a testament to the quality players we have on campus already that Lawson may not start as a true freshman, but no one will be able to keep him off the field. Just like no one was able to keep Corey off the field in 2010.

When was the last time Auburn signed the #2 player in the country?

Lawson is a monster. Lemonier is the only guy on the roster who has the same kind of presence as a pass rusher. It is a testament to the quality players we have on campus already that Lawson may not start as a true freshman, but no one will be able to keep him off the field. Just like no one was able to keep Corey off the field in 2010.

I never said or implied he wouldn't play..I will go on record and state that I do not believe he will be a starter, period! His HS ratings mean as much to me as KF's do....the SEC is not HS and while he may be all that, he wont start for Auburn as a true freshman...make a note so you can remind me if Im wrong

Archived