2013 3* JUCO OG Devonte Danzey signs with Auburn

ellitor

Well, if it is not as big a lead as I thought, who is in close second?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would be nice to land this kid. Don't know if diamond and kozan are ready. Don't wanna start another freshman. I wanna give those guys time to grow. Danzey could come right in and start opposite of Slade. Hope we can pull him in

Today is supposed to be the day, wonder how he chooses, I really hope its Auburn, we could use an instant impact player on the o-line.

Would this guy come in and start right away? Is that the thought?

He would at least be on the two-deep, by process of elimination. We have a lot of tackles (Robinson, Young, Miller, Coleman) and one true guard in Kozan. I expect Slade and Diamond to work at guard as well, but Danzey would certainly have a chance to start if he is as good as advertised.

The key to starting in the Gustav system as a guard is to be able to pull very, very well. If he can do that then he should have no problem with earning a starting job. I expect Kozan to be a beast so Danzey has his work cut out for him.

I could be wrong (and have been before) but I think that this guy's experience in playing college ball will likely give him an edge, but both he and Kozan have summer workouts to compete with one another so we will see, and all this is specualtion because of course he has yet to sign his LOI.

The key to starting in the Gustav system as a guard is to be able to pull very, very well. If he can do that then he should have no problem with earning a starting job. I expect Kozan to be a beast so Danzey has his work cut out for him.

Good point about guards being able to pull. Isom was great at that and I was a little surprised he didn't get a shot in the NFL.

I don't know which ones of the current group can do that. Slade is a bit of a tweener who has played tackle and guard. Diamond is about 6'6 and was an OT in high school I believe. So I wouldn't be surprised to see Kozan win a staring spot if he can move well.

We also don't know much about Leff or Adams. I think Adams is close to 6'7 so it's hard to see him playing guard.

I could be wrong (and have been before) but I think that this guy's experience in playing college ball will likely give him an edge, but both he and Kozan have summer workouts to compete with one another so we will see, and all this is specualtion because of course he has yet to sign his LOI.

Kozan is talented, no doubt. My main concern is if he will stay with us (Callahan too). Coaching change plus culture differences, but hopefully they adjust and stay the course. Miller is also a concern since rumors keep cropping up every few months about him transferring. If CGM can keep the OL group intact, the Offense will be greatly improved,

There has been talk from people that might even know something that Avery Young will likely be moved to guard due to his speed and pulling ability. If so, Danzey will "provide depth".

Archived