Jay Prosch

PigskinPat

They are afraid to throw him the ball because he may squeeze it too hard to catch it and have it explode in his hand. It's a safety thing.

i totally agree.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We dont need him to catch the ball. We need him to be a threat to catch the ball that is it. He only needs to block. I guess he did ok last year. He got blown over for a safety if I remember correctly. He was not stand out, but then again he played on maybe the worst offensive in AU history, so it may not have been his fault. I expect big things from him this year.

We dont need him to catch the ball. We need him to be a threat to catch the ball that is it. He only needs to block. I guess he did ok last year. He got blown over for a safety if I remember correctly. He was not stand out, but then again he played on maybe the worst offensive in AU history, so it may not have been his fault. I expect big things from him this year.

No actually Dismukes was the one that got blown up on that play. Jay had met the LB in the hole at the LOS and was turning the LB to the outside with a nice block. Dismukes was pushed 2 yards deep and 3 yards over, right into Mason's path to the hole causing Mason to jump to the outside. The LSU DT threw Dismukes into Jay's back, knocking Jay to the ground. The reason I know that is because I did a lengthy analysis of that play, pausing the video replay, and put the results on the thread about the safety way back when. ;)

He looked great against Clemson. For some reason, he didn't seem to be used as much after that. Our offense never looked the same after that game. Our D, oddly enough, got even worse.

Jay will block anyone, anytime, anywhere. If Gus had him in 2011, he wouldn't have wasted so much Lutz talent in blocking.

The added benefit to his blocking is he can catch the ball or run it for an almost guaranteed 1 or 2 yards.

No one blows up the Juggernaut. And if its 3rd and 2 or 3 I trust him more than any other back on the roster to pick up the 1st down. Prosch literally moves the pile. We would have made a lot more 3rd and shorts two years ago if Gus had JP and put QB under center. I hope he considers that this year if Jay returns for senior year. If our OL could get just a little push Prosch would be looking at 5 or 6 yards a pop.

Maybe Gus will leave Prosch in for more than 1 play a series...unlike last year. A slight exageration but not much.

One can't be a threat if they can't catch the ball.. Therefore they will have to throw to him to make him a threat and he will have to show that he can catch......If we can't / don't use the full back more than just blocking, then I beliieve that will keep us from getting good full backs in the future.

Am I the only one that thought Jay was the best player on the field for us last year? He made nearly every block, pass or run, and even ran the ball fairly well. The dude is a monster. I have no clue why he wasn't out there more than he was.

Am I the only one that thought Jay was the best player on the field for us last year? He made nearly every block, pass or run, and even ran the ball fairly well. The dude is a monster. I have no clue why he wasn't out there more than he was.

I agree.

2012 AU Offense =

FB Best in SEC

RB Above Avg SEC

TE Above Avg SEC

WR Avg SEC

OL Below Avg SEC

QB Worst in SEC

Unfortunately for us OL and QB are the most critical.

To be fair to the QBs and OL, they were young and the OC didn't devise plans and call plays to play to their strengths to allow them to have success and build confidence. Malzahn has shown he will call games according to the talent he has and not what he wishes he had.

If you guys don't believe this country needs a "free" press,about politics or anything else,just read the comments from so-called AU fans who don't remember that AU was in the top 3 in the SEC in rushing in ALL of Malzhans' years here,that don't know that he loves huge physical smash mouth linemen,and don't remember how he used the most underappreciated member of the 2010 team,Eric Smith. And then think about the state of the media in our region. Bama-GOOD! AU-BAD!!! And we believe it. They rewrite OUR freaking history-that we LIVED-and in two years we forget it,because somebody on a radio station or that writes in a blog says it is so. I hope to goodness the "fans" that post such crap are bama trolls. If not,you're too damned dumb to comment on very recent history. I very rarely get this fired up about anything,and if I offended anybody.........the shoe probably fits and I don't care. WAR DAMN EAGLE.

AMEN BROTHER!!!!!!!!!!!

If you guys don't believe this country needs a "free" press,about politics or anything else,just read the comments from so-called AU fans who don't remember that AU was in the top 3 in the SEC in rushing in ALL of Malzhans' years here,that don't know that he loves huge physical smash mouth linemen,and don't remember how he used the most underappreciated member of the 2010 team,Eric Smith. And then think about the state of the media in our region. Bama-GOOD! AU-BAD!!! And we believe it. They rewrite OUR freaking history-that we LIVED-and in two years we forget it,because somebody on a radio station or that writes in a blog says it is so. I hope to goodness the "fans" that post such crap are bama trolls. If not,you're too damned dumb to comment on very recent history. I very rarely get this fired up about anything,and if I offended anybody.........the shoe probably fits and I don't care. WAR DAMN EAGLE.

AMEN BROTHER!!!!!!!!!!!

There is a reason. Take a look at the newspaper tomorrow. Time is up for excuses. These next 3 years are the make or break. I think we got the staff to do it. We just cant do it next year.

I think most of you are selling JP short without even knowing what he is capable of. CGC underutilized him, and also playcalling was horrible last year. When JP was in he excelled at doing his job, what ever that job was. If he stays he will be a huge reason for back field production...If the OL learns to block.

Archived