Jay Prosch

PigskinPat

The same way he utilized Eric Smith.

Watch some 2010 footage and watch Eric smith. Eric's blocking was phenomenal. I expect JP's to be as well. Only difference is Eric was smaller and could slip around the edge of the d-line undetected, not sure big ole' jay can pull that off.

If there are any AU fanatics here, watch the 2009 TN game. I remember several plays where Eric made LBs cut complete forward flips and land on their backs as omac ran past. Oh wait, fanatics already know this. Never mind.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the point that poster was making was that the offense will be built around Prosch next year like it was built around Fannin in 2009. Just like it was built around Cam in 2010. They weren't saying they would share the same role.

We're building our spread-offense around a pure blocking FB?

Seriously? Thats an even more asinine statement.

I think the point that poster was making was that the offense will be built around Prosch next year like it was built around Fannin in 2009. Just like it was built around Cam in 2010. They weren't saying they would share the same role.

I'm not sure about "build around," but both Smith and Lutz were integral to powerful running attacks run at AU by Malzahn.

I'm not sure about "build around," but both Smith and Lutz were integral to powerful running attacks run at AU by Malzahn.

call this offense a spread in front of gus and see how he goes offf. this is not a typical spread.

Its amazing how often Cams highlights were of him following #32 through the hole. I never understood why people talked as if the these was no FB in Malzhans system. Prosch will play as "prominent" role as a fb (or hb) can play.

Its amazing how often Cams highlights were of him following #32 through the hole. I never understood why people talked as if the these was no FB in Malzhans system. Prosch will play as "prominent" role as a fb (or hb) can play.

32 was an essential and much overlooked component in 2010. We wouldn't have made it without him. Laying down big time blocks is not sexy but has to happen for cam to get through the hole.

Best option for Prosch is going to be playing defense or turning pro.

Hmm...I disagree strongly. Malzahn won't let his talent go unutilized

Think Ram-Man... but working for He-Man instead of Skeletor.

Yeah, probably alot like E. Smith.

Umm, Ram Man didn't work for Skelator. You're thinking of Beast Man.

what?

I didn't say that's what I believed--I was trying to put the previous poster's statement in a way that you might understand (that obviously didn't take though).

After his first year, Eric didn't carry the ball much more that Jay did this year.

Nope,but he blocked people on a lot more occasions than Jay did for the 2012 squad. And that's what he does best.

Lutzenkirchen Lite

Lutzenkirchen Lite 380 lbs twice

referring more to his role, not physical stature even though they are only 5 lbs apart on the roster. Should see him blocking in the backfield and around the edges. Typical lead plays, maybe 1 or 2 looks a game

Think Ram-Man... but working for He-Man instead of Skeletor.

Yeah, probably alot like E. Smith.

Umm, Ram Man didn't work for Skelator. You're thinking of Beast Man.

Dang. My apologies to Ram Man. In hindsight, I suppose he was sorely underutilized in my raids on Snake Mountain. Much like Prosch in CSL`s offense.

I see him as the "Michael Dyer up the gut pound it out style of back that keeps the D guessing""

At one time Auburn all...most had Michael Dyer, and Lattimore . Could you imagine Dyer, Lattimore, and Newton in the same backfield????

Archived