Jay Prosch

PigskinPat

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like Eric Smith, but more devastating.

ETA: Not that Smith didn't do a good job, but he was a converted power running back, wasn't he? Prosch is just a bulldozer.

The same way he utilized Eric Smith.

I was thinking this. Wish this guy could have flown straight, I believe he could have helped some team on Sundays.

I know how Eric Smith was used, but I thought he was more of a half-back/running back where Prosch is a pure fullback. I hope he is utilized way more than he was this past year. It was an absolute shame the way his talent didn't see the field more.

Gus will maximize what Jay can bring to the table. CSL and Chiz could never figure out how to use him. Gus will know exactly how to use a All-American bulldozer in a power spread running scheme. Hide the women and children.

If you guys don't believe this country needs a "free" press,about politics or anything else,just read the comments from so-called AU fans who don't remember that AU was in the top 3 in the SEC in rushing in ALL of Malzhans' years here,that don't know that he loves huge physical smash mouth linemen,and don't remember how he used the most underappreciated member of the 2010 team,Eric Smith. And then think about the state of the media in our region. Bama-GOOD! AU-BAD!!! And we believe it. They rewrite OUR freaking history-that we LIVED-and in two years we forget it,because somebody on a radio station or that writes in a blog says it is so. I hope to goodness the "fans" that post such crap are bama trolls. If not,you're too damned dumb to comment on very recent history. I very rarely get this fired up about anything,and if I offended anybody.........the shoe probably fits and I don't care. WAR DAMN EAGLE.

If you guys don't believe this country needs a "free" press,about politics or anything else,just read the comments from so-called AU fans who don't remember that AU was in the top 3 in the SEC in rushing in ALL of Malzhans' years here,that don't know that he loves huge physical smash mouth linemen,and don't remember how he used the most underappreciated member of the 2010 team,Eric Smith. And then think about the state of the media in our region. Bama-GOOD! AU-BAD!!! And we believe it. They rewrite OUR freaking history-that we LIVED-and in two years we forget it,because somebody on a radio station or that writes in a blog says it is so. I hope to goodness the "fans" that post such crap are bama trolls. If not,you're too damned dumb to comment on very recent history. I very rarely get this fired up about anything,and if I offended anybody.........the shoe probably fits and I don't care. WAR DAMN EAGLE.

So........you think we'll see a lot of Prosch next year?

Well let's see, JP can block like a battering ram, run like a bull and catch a pass like a TE. I wonder where Gus will use him in his system ? Hmmm, this is puzzling, I must ponder. :-\

The same way he utilized Eric Smith.

Watch some 2010 footage and watch Eric smith. Eric's blocking was phenomenal. I expect JP's to be as well. Only difference is Eric was smaller and could slip around the edge of the d-line undetected, not sure big ole' jay can pull that off.

Jay Prosch cant touch Eric Smith in regards to ball-skills. I know everyone loves Prosch...but seriously? Did I just see someone say he will be used like Mario Fannin? WTF.

Well let's see, JP can block like a battering ram, run like a bull and catch a pass like a TE. I wonder where Gus will use him in his system ? Hmmm, this is puzzling, I must ponder. :-\/>

Oh I have no doubt he will be used in Gus' system, I'm curious what yall's take is on the ways. Like you are saying, he has good skills, I hope there are a lot of looks we'll see out of Prosch next year!

He may not be in as many downs but there is always a need for third and short and goal line formations. Gus will find him a spot.

Jay Prosch cant touch Eric Smith in regards to ball-skills. I know everyone loves Prosch...but seriously? Did I just see someone say he will be used like Mario Fannin? WTF.

I think the point that poster was making was that the offense will be built around Prosch next year like it was built around Fannin in 2009. Just like it was built around Cam in 2010. They weren't saying they would share the same role.

Archived