Petrino Discussions

TitanTiger

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Petrino was born to be coach of Auburn, he would've been coach in 2004, but Tubs kept on winning. Although finally coming together in a valley, both entities are recovering from a fall from prideful years. Bobby Petrino will have every eye on every move he makes. He has an opportunity to prove his apologies are true, and that once you hit rock bottom, you can come back more truthful, more honest, and a better man in the long run. I feel this could be a great pair, Auburn football and Bobby Petrino... both having fallen from the throne of much success, to the valley of lows. We will see, but if he has the slightest idea of selfishness again, ensure he's gone for good.

Hahahahahahahababahahaha sorry. ...pfft hahahahahahahaha

Pretty sure you dont know what you want.

I'm just not falling for the bp bs

Petrino was born to be coach of Auburn, he would've been coach in 2004, but Tubs kept on winning. Although finally coming together in a valley, both entities are recovering from a fall from prideful years. Bobby Petrino will have every eye on every move he makes. He has an opportunity to prove his apologies are true, and that once you hit rock bottom, you can come back more truthful, more honest, and a better man in the long run. I feel this could be a great pair, Auburn football and Bobby Petrino... both having fallen from the throne of much success, to the valley of lows. We will see, but if he has the slightest idea of selfishness again, ensure he's gone for good.

By Nov '13 you will

By Nov '13 you will

Pfft

Scarbinsky's column just posted says if Petrino is not hired, Auburn faction in support of Petrino "will want to know why their leaders passed on the best coach available." Is he the best available or the best available to Auburn. If it is the latter, I think ours is a sad state of affairs.

Just saw a pic of BP at UAB practice from a few months ago... he looks like he has aged 10 years since leaving Arkansas... or is it just me.

When you hire a new employee it's pretty common to contact the previous boss for a reference. If you wonder what BP's previous boss might say, just watch this.

BP...the epitomy of an Auburn Man? I don't think so. Some people don't turn out to be who you thought they were but that's not a problem here. If AU were to hire this guy knowing all they do about him the school would deserve the grief that is sure to come in the future.

Everyone needs to get behind Petrino. He is a great coach and will lead us back to where we belong. I bet everyone on this board would take Bill Bellichick as next coach and he had a similar problems as Petrino. BB cheated on his wife with a married woman which led to a divorce. If every coach had their dirty laundry aired let's just say it would be jaw dropping. Petrino might not have been a saint in the past, but the guy loves Auburn and will bring us back to excellence. He is a hard nosed disciplinarian that we need right now. We all know what a great coach he is! Also believe me when I tell you Bobby has learned from past mistakes. Slive has met with Bobby as my buddy ellitor said and Slive was very impressed.

IMO, if all Petrino had done was cheat on his wife, I'd be all for hiring him at Auburn, because I believe in forgiveness and men make mistakes. But, the fact that he hired his mistress to work for him, flaunted that affair by taking her on a joyride in broad daylight for anyone to witness, lied to the police officer, lied multiple times to his boss in an attempt to cover up his affair, make him more than just a philandering, horny old man.

He didn't take her on a ride in broad daylight. It was after 12 midnight. He said in his press conference that he and his wife were sitting there in the kitchen and she told him to take a helmet but he decided against it. I bet he had a helmet in his wallet, though! :Sing:

I wonder where he told his wife he was going on his Hog at 12 midnight?

You really need to get a little bit better hold on the facts before posting an entire thought based on erroneous info. He was riding in the afternoon and even said right before the accident "the sun got in my eyes."

Remember when he ducked out on the Atlanta Falcons in the middle of the night and while the season was still underway? where was ole Bobby? he was on his way to becoming the head coach at Arkansas.

Everytime a new job opens up, his name ALWAYS pops up as a strong candidate. Ask yourself this question. Can we honestly risk hiring Bobby Petrino knowing his track record of leaving other teams (College and NFL) so quikly?

Successful coaches are always in demand. I'm not afraid of success. I'm not afraid of being a runner.

Hire a loser that no one wants as their coach? No thanks. We just fired a loser that no one wants.

Do you thing UAT is afraid that Saban might leave? Wasn't that the rap on him? Yet he has ZERO buyout if he leaves because they aren't afraid to be successful.

Successful coaches are always in demand. I'm not afraid of success. I'm not afraid of being a runner.

Hire a loser that no one wants as their coach? No thanks. We just fired a loser that no one wants.

Do you thing UAT is afraid that Saban might leave? Wasn't that the rap on him? Yet he has ZERO buyout if he leaves because they aren't afraid to be successful.

Excellent point.

The only thing and I mean the only thing that worries me about Petrino is that he will be so concerned with building his rep and his public persona back up that he loses the edge that has made him such a good coach.

The only thing and I mean the only thing that worries me about Petrino is that he will be so concerned with building his rep and his public persona back up that he loses the edge that has made him such a good coach.

Don't ever post anything again that would force me to agree with you. Thanks

Archived