Petrino Discussions

TitanTiger

Everyone needs to get behind Petrino. He is a great coach and will lead us back to where we belong. I bet everyone on this board would take Bill Bellichick as next coach and he had a similar problems as Petrino. BB cheated on his wife with a married woman which led to a divorce. If every coach had their dirty laundry aired let's just say it would be jaw dropping. Petrino might not have been a saint in the past, but the guy loves Auburn and will bring us back to excellence. He is a hard nosed disciplinarian that we need right now. We all know what a great coach he is! Also believe me when I tell you Bobby has learned from past mistakes. Slive has met with Bobby as my buddy ellitor said and Slive was very impressed.

So, is it a done deal that it is Bobby Petrino?

The rumor on another thread is that Patterson is scheduled to land on the tarmac in Auburn in +/- 10 minutes. :dead:

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Coach Max Howell on 97.3 in Birmingham is reporting that Petrino has been REMOVED from Auburn's coaching list of candidates. He stated that his source is someone extremely close to Petrino and his family.

Everyone needs to get behind Petrino. He is a great coach and will lead us back to where we belong. I bet everyone on this board would take Bill Bellichick as next coach and he had a similar problems as Petrino. BB cheated on his wife with a married woman which led to a divorce. If every coach had their dirty laundry aired let's just say it would be jaw dropping. Petrino might not have been a saint in the past, but the guy loves Auburn and will bring us back to excellence. He is a hard nosed disciplinarian that we need right now. We all know what a great coach he is! Also believe me when I tell you Bobby has learned from past mistakes. Slive has met with Bobby as my buddy ellitor said and Slive was very impressed.

IMO, if all Petrino had done was cheat on his wife, I'd be all for hiring him at Auburn, because I believe in forgiveness and men make mistakes. But, the fact that he hired his mistress to work for him, flaunted that affair by taking her on a joyride in broad daylight for anyone to witness, lied to the police officer, lied multiple times to his boss in an attempt to cover up his affair, make him more than just a philandering, horny old man.

Not a done deal yet and anything can happen. I would definitely say that he is the current leader. Max Howell does not know what he is talking about.

To be honest...nobody knows what they are talking about.

Coach Max Howell on 97.3 in Birmingham is reporting that Petrino has been REMOVED from Auburn's coaching list of candidates. He stated that his source is someone extremely close to Petrino and his family.

aub-jay_jacobs_medium.jpg:banghead:

Not a done deal yet and anything can happen. I would definitely say that he is the current leader. Max Howell does not know what he is talking about.

Why did Bobby meet with Mike Slive?

Does Slive intend to vet each and every coaching candidate that Auburn/Tenn/Arky/Kentucky intend to interview this year?

To be honest...nobody knows what they are talking about.

This I can get behind without equivocation.....so true!

Max Howell is desperately trying to make a name for himself in the bham radio market. I think he will succeed, just not like he would hope.

Lookit, here's the deal on Petrino, I got this from someone very close to him.

He left Louisville because the barbecue in Kentucky sucks. When he got to Atlanta, he found out

they had sold him a bill of goods and couldnt find a decent plate of pulled pork anywhere in Atlanta.

Then he went to Arkansas thinking the proximity to Memphis would mean he would finally get some

good Cue. But when he found it lacking, and tasting too much like that crap they make in Oklahoma

and Texas he became depressed, and fell into an affair with Jessica Dorrell in an attempt to get her

recipe for Mississippi baked beans. That didnt work out too well.

Now, Auburn and the barbecue capital of the known universe {the state of Alabama} beckons. Its a done

deal if you ask me.

It was not the affair..it was the meltdown that occurred after that - if he would have told the truth he would still be at Arkansas. How do you know bobby has learned? truth no one knows, over time that will be proven....no one says stupid stuff in an interview...they all say the right things.

IMO, if all Petrino had done was cheat on his wife, I'd be all for hiring him at Auburn, because I believe in forgiveness and men make mistakes. But, the fact that he hired his mistress to work for him, flaunted that affair by taking her on a joyride in broad daylight for anyone to witness, lied to the police officer, lied multiple times to his boss in an attempt to cover up his affair, make him more than just a philandering, horny old man.

Don't forget about texting his pumpkin right before his game with Updyke u

If you hated the "meddling" of the big money in Auburn Athletics. You should smell a skunk coming again if we hire Petrino. The fix may be in all CBP needs is the endorsement of Pat and Bo and its a done deal. He supposedly has the endorsement of Mike Slive for what its worth. Call it Jet Gate II. I only wish I knew who the wizards behind the curtain are so I could tell them NO this is not the Auburn way...

He didn't take her on a ride in broad daylight. It was after 12 midnight. He said in his press conference that he and his wife were sitting there in the kitchen and she told him to take a helmet but he decided against it. I bet he had a helmet in his wallet, though! :Sing:

I wonder where he told his wife he was going on his Hog at 12 midnight?

Why did Bobby meet with Mike Slive?

Does Slive intend to vet each and every coaching candidate that Auburn/Tenn/Arky/Kentucky intend to interview this year?

What does Slive have to do with who AU hires? I know he is the commish but did he talk with stoops before he went to Uk?

This is nothing like Jet Gate. The football season is over for AU, the AU HC has already been fired and BP is not employed at any school.

wde

the wizards behind the curtain are the same ones that are paying off CGC, CTT and CTB. They are the same ones that will be paying the salary of the next head coach. I wouldn't start writing off the behind the curtain guys unless you want Rodney Gardner as your next coach.

the wizards behind the curtain are the same ones that are paying off CGC, CTT and CTB. They are the same ones that will be paying the salary of the next head coach. I wouldn't start writing off the behind the curtain guys unless you want Rodney Gardner as your next coach.

No lets just have a real interview process. Lets hire the right coach. Not the right now coach.

Archived