Petrino Discussions

TitanTiger

What is the fascination with Petrino? If we want a coach with glaring moral deficits, let's pick a champion (Jim Tressel) or at least a prelude to a champion (Butch Davis).

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is the fascination with Petrino? If we want a coach with glaring moral deficits, let's pick a champion (Jim Tressel) or at least a prelude to a champion (Butch Davis).

You should really get out more often and read.

Difference: the other two both had significant NCAA troubles and sanctions. Petrino has never had a hint of NCAA problems.

I wish it were possible to bring BP on as OC. I know he would be dumb to do it unless he could get a top of the nation OC salary and maybe he wants to lay low for a few years. I mean don't get me wrong, he will get a HC job somewhere, but what a dream it would be to let him be OC and avoid the media mess from handing him the keys.

So you would want him as long as no one can see him? Come on.

That's like saying , "hey, I can go out to the bars and get fubar'd and go beat some homeless man, but as long as i go to church it's OK"

Thought processes are severly hindered.

He has been called one of the best play callers at any level. He has developed multiple quartebacks. He is considered by many, an offensive genius. He has a pretty good track record as a HC. He took a bad Arkansas program and had them poised to be a national contender.

Another reason, we likely wouldn't have had a chance with him if it wasn't for his off the field failures. He will coach again and likely in the sec. I'd rather auburn not be on the opposite sideline. the man can and will win football games.

Difference: the other two both had significant NCAA troubles and sanctions. Petrino has never had a hint of NCAA problems.

But he opened up Arkasas to possible civil penalties in a court of law. I guess that isn't important either, is it? :dunno:

But he opened up Arkasas to possible civil penalties in a court of law. I guess that isn't important either, is it? :dunno:/>

How?

But he opened up Arkasas to possible civil penalties in a court of law. I guess that isn't important either, is it? :dunno:

No, it's not. Because it wasn't at Auburn. And I can only assume, key word assume, that he has learned his lesson by being publicly humiliated by this. I would have to ASSUME he was humbled by it, but only time will tell.

Seriously, he's a top 5 coach but there has to be a reason we shouldn't hire him. Come on people think! If we don't come up with a reason we are going to have a good football team again! WE CANNOT LET THIS HAPPEN!

Seriously, he's a top 5 coach but there has to be a reason we shouldn't hire him. Come on people think! If we don't come up with a reason we are going to have a good football team again! WE CANNOT LET THIS HAPPEN!

Attack his character! hurry!

Look what kind of issues our current President of the US has opened...Our great country is heading toward a financial cliff and you site possible civil penalties surrounding Petrino's departure from Arkansas...how big is you world?????

Moral issues aside, Bobby Petrino is the best coach available. Malzahn is a gamble, Charlie strong says hes staying loyal to Louisville and it seems there has not been mutch interest in him from Auburn, Jimbo has proven he loses at least one game he shouldnt every year with one of the most talented teams, and Jeff Fischer lets be honest why would he leave the NFL to come here with never being a college coach before. Petrino has proven he is a great coach and he may lose some Auburn fans if he was hired but he sure as hell would make some Auburn fans excited for this teams future

So if we hire Petrino and he loses, do we just tear down the stadium and cancel football. You guys make it sound like he is the only coach on the planet who could win football games at Auburn. If he fails, then we're DOOMED!!!!

So if we hire Petrino and he loses, do we just tear down the stadium and cancel football. You guys make it sound like he is the only coach on the planet who could win football games at Auburn. If he fails, then we're DOOMED!!!!

I think what people are deducing is that he is the best fit of the mentioned candidates. I wouldn't suggest that we are doomed if he fails, as you put it.

Funny, the ones that are against him can't judge him by his coaching resume, only his personal life. The man can coach, plain and simple, and has 10 yrs HC experience doing it. Proven winner, proven disciplinarian, proven program rebuilder, proven talent developer, proven offensive genius as stated by his peers, aside from his screw up you can't rationallly question his hiring. Plain and Simple!

wde

I think I have officially jumped on the BP bandwagon after weighing all the pros and cons. Let's get it done

If choice is Petrino how long does Auburn wait to announce it? Unless he just now being offer the job and will have wait till paperwork is done?

Because its not Petrino

You were badgering linsider for a link earlier, so how about giving us one?

Lol...your man crush for Petrino is insane, look if it was Petrino, why delay it? He is not working.....IMO if it was him he would have been named coach already that's why I believe it's not him, i stil like Petrino as a coach, just don't think it will be universal choice among the decision makers....

If AU cannot land a Jeff Fisher or Sean Payton, then Petrino should be the #1 choice. If he's not, then the AU administration are idiots.

Petrino is easily the best coach available. Everyone knows it and pretty much everyone admits it. He has won everywhere he's been. He was hired directly from college to be a NFL head coach (very few can ever say that). He has SEC coordinator and HC experience. He has won 11 games at both college HC jobs. The list goes on. Go get him. Malzahn should be on the C-list.

If AU cannot land a Jeff Fisher or Sean Payton, then Petrino should be the #1 choice. If he's not, then the AU administration are idiots.

Petrino is easily the best coach available. Everyone knows it and pretty much everyone admits it. He has won everywhere he's been. He was hired directly from college to be a NFL head coach (very few can ever say that). He has SEC coordinator and HC experience. He has won 11 games at both college HC jobs. The list goes on. Go get him. Malzahn should be on the C-list.

I agree with this, though I would love to have Gary Patterson too.

At this point, I think CBP is what Auburn needs. However, that doesn't sit well with everyone involved. The following is from the BSPN SEC blog in today's Hot or Not.

NOT

Bobby Petrino’s SEC chances: There are some rumblings at Auburn that Petrino could be a candidate to replace Gene Chizik, who was fired Sunday. But that’s more talk than it is anything. Petrino’s not going to find many, if any, open doors to return to the SEC as a head coach, and at this point, isn’t a serious candidate at any of the four schools looking for a head coach. The school presidents and chancellors simply aren't going to let it happen.

I think what people are deducing is that he is the best fit of the mentioned candidates. I wouldn't suggest that we are doomed if he fails, as you put it.

No doubt...but he has a lot of baggage that causes people to second guess him as HC, now there are alsi issues with his coaching as well as his recruiting efforts....

He's got a .743 winning percentage in college. Personal issues aside....the man can turn programs around. I would be more than happy to have him on The Plains again.

If choice is Petrino how long does Auburn wait to announce it? Unless he just now being offer the job and will have wait till paperwork is done?

Because its not Petrino

You were badgering linsider for a link earlier, so how about giving us one?

Lol...your man crush for Petrino is insane, look if it was Petrino, why delay it? He is not working.....IMO if it was him he would have been named coach already that's why I believe it's not him, i stil like Petrino as a coach, just don't think it will be universal choice among the decision makers....

Chizik hasn't been gone 24 hours. Surely you aren't that naive.

Archived