Rusty Whitt

PigskinPat

IF we went in a new direction for a new S&C coach, and I'm saying IF.....I would be very disappointed if we don't give this guy a serious look. Gameday did a segment on him this morning. Google his name and see what pops up. He was the coach with blood running down his head in ULL's bowl game.

This is an article about the approach he uses with his players. As you will see, it draws from his duty served on Special Forces and makes them tough not only physically, but also mentally (areas I think we can all agree we need improvement):

http://theadvocate.com/sports/generalsports/3664769-123/more-than-basic-training

Thoughts?

They just did an expose' on him on ESPN Gameday. He is the kind of tough as nails type of guy you want associated with your program in any capacity. I was impressed.

Well we do need to go in a different direction and hire a new S&C coach that has fire in his gut. Yox has gotton soft and so are some of our players.

Well we do need to go in a different direction and hire a new S&C coach that has fire in his gut. Yox has gotton soft and so are some of our players.

Yox did a fantastic job under Tubby. I don't know what has happened since then. He runs the program the way the HC wants it run. You have to wonder if maybe Chizik is undercutting Yox by allowing the players to bypass him and complain straight to the HC and get out of things. I don't know but something is definitely amiss.

I know Boot Camp sure whipped my behind into shape when I was in the Army. It also instilled the discipline and mental fortitude I carry with me to this day.

Chizik kept Yox here after he was hired. Is that common for a new HC to keep the previous coach's S&C coach? I would think that a new S&C coach would come with a new regime. I suspect whatever happens after the end of the season we will be seeing a change in S&C and this guy has the right mentality.

Thank you..WE NEED A SET U CAN PUT IN A WHEEL BARREL TO PLAY IN THIS LEAGUE.... I WANT BLOOD..I WANT OUR BOYS TO EAT CROCODILES FOR BREAKFAST.. WE NEED TO BE TIGERS AGAIN

Archived