2013 3* JUCO RB Cameron Artis-Payne commits to AUBURN!

ellitor

Look, Coach Chizik brought us a national championship. We wouldn't have won that had several key elements not been in place and Chizik and his staff are certainly among those elements. All credit for that!

That having been said, we've now got a team that is the very definition of a dysfunctional failure. For whatever reasons Chizik has lost the handle and he MUST be replaced. Hiring a private security firm to perform curfew bed-checks on players is the final, glaring example of a rudderless ship tossing on a stormy sea.

As mentioned above, there are three top-ten recruiting classes on this squad and the player development has been so dismal as to be non-existent. Who among them is better now than he was in high school? I can't think of one.

A change is imperative, but there's no reason to try to say that Chizik had nothing to do with our 2010 national championship, he had everything to do with it and he deserves credit for that.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess no Derrick green

Link please? Didn't think so.

He did say "guess" didn't he? My God people are so quick to stomp someone's throat for saying something...

I wouldn't really call that a throat stomp. We have plenty of legitimate things to be negative about and Derrick Green isn't one one of them. He's said semi-good things about us lately and to get doom and gloom because we signed another back is kind of silly. That was the point i was trying to get off (in smart a$$ form, I admit).

Does this mean that we may lose a current 3rd string RB at the end of the season, or is the the big back we were hoping wiht Jovon?

It just mean we are trying to sign 3 backs in this class since we only have Tre and Corey coming back in 2013..

Why do y'all beat around the bush ? You are saying Blakely won't be back.

Sorry. Comepltely forgot about him. Was not beating around a bush.

Very understandable, especially considering that our staff has also completely forgotten about him.

Ellitor, or anyone else who might know, I was joking around with my previous posts....but honestly, this kid had to know the score at AU when he committed, do you see him sticking with his pledge if/ when the house is cleaned?

Ellitor, or anyone else who might know, I was joking around with my previous posts....but honestly, this kid had to know the score at AU when he committed, do you see him sticking with his pledge if/ when the house is cleaned?

Look at his other offers. Even with Watson as head coach, Auburn is a better place to be.

Look at his other offers. Even with Watson as head coach, Auburn is a better place to be.

I don't disagree with you, just seemed like the timing of the announcement was odd.

I don't disagree with you, just seemed like the timing of the announcement was odd.

Like I said, he committed while he could knowing it's less likely offers from new staff will be pulled on committed players.

Like I said, he committed while he could knowing it's less likely offers from new staff will be pulled on committed players.

That makes sense, get while the gettin's good. Thanks for the response.

Does this mean that we may lose a current 3rd string RB at the end of the season, or is the the big back we were hoping wiht Jovon?

if ellitor is right

this is what i fear

i hate that the few are going to run out a good coach, this is madness

It's madness that a man with 3 top 10 recruiting classes and goes 2-7 is considered a good coach....

But still great pickup! I am curious to see how many of these guys stick it out with the Tigers. Those are the guys you know are gonna give there all for Auburn

i heard all the same things when Gene first came to Auburn

ive met the man, and his entire staff(not counting Pelton, Van Gorder, and Martinez) i was sold on them as coaches in 2009 when i saw what they were doing as a collective

people dont want to hear it but this team is young and going threw severe growing pains.

its like people dont realize that the circumstances we are going through are literally 1 in a million...no other school has been under this much team duress as ive seen right now

but all of the blame is going to chizik. people just want a lynch pin.

this team will be set back decades if we change right now, saban and the rest of the SEC know it too

Set back decades. That's a laugh. Its not like all the players are going to disappear. We might be a little below strength as a result but the right coach could right this ship in two years. Please, it is not a great thing to change coaches but getting one that would never let things fall to pieces completely like this year would not set us back one day. The reasons for this disastrous season are manifold but you don't get paid all that money not to take the responsibility and the fall when the wheels completely come off like they have. Chizik is rightfully done and will walk away a rich man. Thanks for the Natty and now let's really get the coach to match the program we are so close to being. We need a new Pat Dye to make us really believe that we can be a truly elite program. Not easy to find but they have the funds and the support. Now need to get the right guy. WDE!

It just mean we are trying to sign 3 backs in this class since we only have Tre and Corey coming back in 2013..

Very understandable, especially considering that our staff has also completely forgotten about him.

LOL, true.

Oh ok then, but just don't let it happen again.

:P

(free) Bryan Matthews discusses Cam Payne with his current coach, Kris Dutra. He sounds like a good one.

‘He’s The Total Package’

Cameron Artis-Payne can make a coaches’ job so much easier.

7_666533.jpg

For the past two season, just about all Allan Hancock coach Kris Dutra has needed to do is hand the ball off to Aritis-Payne. His star tailback has rushed for a school-record 3,162 yards and 41 touchdowns.

“He’s the total package,” Dutra said. “He’s really physical. He’s a physically gifted guy. He’s a 5-11, 215-pound guy that is fast. He’s very strong. The thing about him that I think makes him special are his intangible qualities.

“He’s a smart football player and very durable. He’s a really physically, rugged guy. I’ve never seen him hurt for a second. He’s just as durable mentally. He does what you ask him to do and he’s going to do it full speed.”

Artis-Payne committed to Auburn Thursday. Dutra said the Auburn staff was looking for a physical tailback that was capable of carrying the ball 20-25 times a game.

“He’s plenty tough enough to do that and I think that’s part of the reason Auburn liked him too,” Dutra said. “They like the fact that he’s durable. Every coach wants a guy you can depend on. He’s out at practice every day and he knows the difference between being hurt and being injured.”

Dutra said one of Artis-Payne’s best attributes is breaking tackles and getting yards after contact.

“That’s probably the top stat he would have,” he said. “If he gets into the second level of the defense, he’s going to break a lot of tackles.”

According to Dutra, Auburn had everything Artis-Payne was looking for in a school.

“He really liked Auburn. I think his heart has been down there for a while,” he said. “It’s kind of his dream to play in the SEC. I think he realizes it’s just a huge step up and he can’t wait.

“He played against a lot of major 1-A caliber guys this year, a lot of very physically imposing guys, and did very well. I think he’ll do well for Auburn.” Dutra said Artis-Payne has also been a standout off the field at Allan Hancock. “Cameron is an outstanding young man,” he said. “He’s very intelligent. He’s got outstanding work ethic. He’s very confident in himself.”

Bryan Matthews is a senior writer for AuburnUndercover

link: http://auburn.247spo...-package-100420

Unless he is completely oblivious to what is going on, Im guessing he is way more committed to Auburn and wanting to play sec football and not as much to the coaching staff

I wonder if this means Blakely won't be back. He's been kind of a malcontent since he got here it seems. Too bad because he's got a boatload of talent, but you have to wonder about his attitude.

I wonder if this means Blakely won't be back. He's been kind of a malcontent since he got here it seems. Too bad because he's got a boatload of talent, but you have to wonder about his attitude.

What specifically is going on w/ him?

The only thing Blakely has done wrong is fumble the ball at key moments. He said he was excited about going home for break online. Someone decided to cut out the part about him going home instead of the entire quote. And the part about being a malcontent? Really? Maybe he's actually just speaking up about the absolute joke of a coaching staff. When was the last time we've heard anything from a player?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived