If Chiz is fired Monday?

auburnpride99

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure if Coach Dye can put the bottle down long enough for a week of practice.

Now now, be nice. Besides, sober coaching doesn't seem to be working.

Ahahaha

The hatred some of you show for Trooper is baffling to me. He is probably the coach the players like the most. All these "thug" comments...is a man a thug because he wears his ball cap backwards?

I think "hatred" is probably too strong of a word for it. The problem I have with Coach Taylor is that he IS the coach the players like best. He is more like their friend than he is their coach. That works in his favor as a recruiter but I don't think it helps his ability to coach. Another thing I have noticed is he is seldom seen coaching on the sidelines during games.

The hatred some of you show for Trooper is baffling to me. He is probably the coach the players like the most. All these "thug" comments...is a man a thug because he wears his ball cap backwards?

I think "hatred" is probably too strong of a word for it. The problem I have with Coach Taylor is that he IS the coach the players like best. He is more like their friend than he is their coach. That works in his favor as a recruiter but I don't think it helps his ability to coach. Another thing I have noticed is he is seldom seen coaching on the sidelines during games.

To me he seems very active on the sidelines. And I don't think his popularity among the players is why many on this board are dogging him.

Trooper Taylor is the associate hc. If there is an interim hc he should get it. He is an offensive minded guy. Maybe without chiz around trooper will get these guys having fun on offense.

Either way trooper is next in line. That's why his title is associate hc. He is the head coach in the absence of chizik

I agree 100% you are spot on IMO!

I will settle it for everyone. I will take over for the remaining games on the schedule. I will solicit both offensive and defensive schemes from other members of this board. I am willing to make this sacrifice for the Auburn Family and I will not charge $4 million. I only ask in return that the powers that be are attempting to identify that "home run" hire while I take the team home for this final stretch.

It couldn't be worse than what we have placed on the field thus far. War Eagle

Amen i'll be your assistant and do it for free

To me he seems very active on the sidelines. And I don't think his popularity among the players is why many on this board are dogging him.

He is very active on the sidelines but he isn't coaching his position players. The reason many on this board are dogging him is that his position players are not being developed. Go ahead, bring up Adams and Blake. That is two out of a dozen or so that have exceded expectations. Was that coaching or individual talent and work ethic? I say to the future Head Coach whoever that may be, keep Taylor as Asst. Head Coach and as Recruiting Coordinator and hire a WR position coach.

Trooper can't develop talent....the only player he has had developed from start to finish is Blake who was a 4 start recruit out of high school and he is a great guy and all but is at best a 4th rd draft pick.

He is very active on the sidelines but he isn't coaching his position players. The reason many on this board are dogging him is that his position players are not being developed. Go ahead, bring up Adams and Blake. That is two out of a dozen or so that have exceded expectations. Was that coaching or individual talent and work ethic? I say to the future Head Coach whoever that may be, keep Taylor as Asst. Head Coach and as Recruiting Coordinator and hire a WR position coach.

I say hire a HC and let him hire his own assistants...this mandatory good 'ol boy crap has to stop

Chizik will not be fired until the end of the season. Mark it down.

The only way Chizik does not finish out the year will be according to his own choosing. His career and clout are all used up.

He may be able to get a coordinator job or take a HS head coaching career. But as horrible a disappointment this team is this year, no NCAA program would touch him.

I say we just let the Fathers of the players take control of the team for the rest of the season.

Heck, Jeff Blake and DJ Maseo could run the offense and Parkey's Dad could run the special teams. We just need someone to take over the D.

Just think. They couldn't possibly do any worse, and they'd have absolutely no pressure on them to perform. :)

I dont believe it would be any worse if we let them finish the season WITHOUT a coach. Auburn has hit bottom.

Ouch

LOL. When Auburn reached the bottom, they found a hole and fell through it too. They can't even see the bottom from where they are.

Bammer

I'll probably get hammered for this. But I am a Trooper fan. How has he not developed that position. Darvin Adams and Terrell Zachery were outstanding under trooper. We have great wr who run good routes and get open. Not too mention how physical they are in the run game. You're going to crucify the wr coach when the last two years we haven't had someone competant to throw them the football.

So here is the breakdown the first two years the wr were good. We had a qb who could throw. The last two no qb.

Didn't trooper get dez Bryant to Oklahoma st and coach him for a few years? I've seen improvement across the board with the wr. Just because a few don't pan out doesn't mean he can't coach.

AD should get fired first so the next AD can have plenty of time to come in and conduct a thorough coaching search and clean out the department.

this^^

AD should get fired first so the next AD can have plenty of time to come in and conduct a thorough coaching search and clean out the department.

this^^

Exactly!

I'll probably get hammered for this. But I am a Trooper fan. How has he not developed that position. Darvin Adams and Terrell Zachery were outstanding under trooper. We have great wr who run good routes and get open. Not too mention how physical they are in the run game. You're going to crucify the wr coach when the last two years we haven't had someone competant to throw them the football.

So here is the breakdown the first two years the wr were good. We had a qb who could throw. The last two no qb.

Didn't trooper get dez Bryant to Oklahoma st and coach him for a few years? I've seen improvement across the board with the wr. Just because a few don't pan out doesn't mean he can't coach.

Darvin Adams and Terrell Zachery were CTT recruits. Beside Emory Blake what receiver has Tropper coached up?

Deanglo Benton and Trovon Reed?

Yeah, thats a problem solved right thre. I especially get a warm and fuzzy about him being at the helm after witnessing his defense give up the most points by any Auburn team since 1917.....I'll do the math for you...thats in 95 years!

What differents does it make. The season has been over for a while now. What's 4 more games of giving up 600+ yards of total defense.

It seems Trooper handled the Kodi Burns QB to WR conversion nicely. Coates has been coached up. Ricardo Louis looks good, and Quan Bray looks solid.

What wide receivers have been busts? Benton...who failed to qualify twice, and maybe just doesn't get it...and Trovon Reed who might be a bit overrated compared to expectations, especially after his injury?

Name these great failures of Trooper...because I don't see it.

Darvin Adams and Terrell Zachery were CTT recruits. Beside Emory Blake what receiver has Tropper coached up?

Emory Blake probably got more coaching at home than from Coach Troop. His father was an NFL QB.

Not sure if Coach Dye can put the bottle down long enough for a week of practice.

Who wants him to put the bottle down....Let em show these chillin how to become men

CTT had more wr busts on his watch than I can remember. I understand he recruited them but trooper coached them up. Trovon Reed was a qb in hs and never really picked up being a wr. Deangelo Benton was just out of big time football too long.

You think anyone else would have gotten Kodi Burns to understand the wr position so quick. Quin Carr was average at best but Troop got a little out of him. Hell even Jay Wisner was serviceable. Especially in the run game. All these young receivers that trooper recruited have never had a decent qb. Cam would have done wonders with the group we have today. I didn't even mention Travante Stallworth. All these guys have been getting open this year. We just can't get them the ball. We don't have very many dropped balls. We just don't have anyone to get it there. Except for Wallace.

I was on campus for a game the day that Bowden quit/was fired or whatever.....and Bill Oliver took over. The team was devistated and Bill Oliver did the best he could ...but not matter what players think about Chiz, I hope folks are not so naive as to believe that the team will automatically start playing better. Someone has to be in charge and much as the players like Brother Oliver, the season was a disaster after Bowden left.

JMO, but after the TAMU meltdown, no matter what happens (or doesn't happen) this season is done. A coaching change now will split the players worse than most of us can imagine.

If Chizik has been coaching the way he did at Iowa St., spending a whole practice on lining up helmets, etc, then I suspect a lot of players won't miss him. I would be surprised if they missed any coaches besides Trooper, Luper, Grimes, Boulaware, and Thigpen...well, they may miss Yox for his easy workout program...

If Chizik has been coaching the way he did at Iowa St., spending a whole practice on lining up helmets, etc, then I suspect a lot of players won't miss him. I would be surprised if they missed any coaches besides Trooper, Luper, Grimes, Boulaware, and Thigpen...well, they may miss Yox for his easy workout program...

You might be surprised....Chiz helped recruit most of these kids and sat in their house with their mom and dads, talked about AU etc. I've seen some pretty sorry coaches get fired and seen the players crying like 4 year olds over it. You can laugh about lining up helments but it's about discipline...which most of these kids know nothing about when they show up from HS.

To alums and fans it might be business, but to the players, this is personal....and scary because they don't know if they will be "processed" by a new coach or whatever. I agree we gotta change from the top down...but just be ready for the full consequences of it.

I was on campus for a game the day that Bowden quit/was fired or whatever.....and Bill Oliver took over. The team was devistated and Bill Oliver did the best he could ...but not matter what players think about Chiz, I hope folks are not so naive as to believe that the team will automatically start playing better. Someone has to be in charge and much as the players like Brother Oliver, the season was a disaster after Bowden left.

JMO, but after the TAMU meltdown, no matter what happens (or doesn't happen) this season is done. A coaching change now will split the players worse than most of us can imagine.

I don't think Chizik gets fired until the end of the season, but there is no way a coaching change now will make this team worse than it is at the moment. Besides a few individuals, the team isn't buying into any of the coaches on the sidelines right now. There is no fight left. I wish there was.

Archived