what are the rules for high school/college players and steroids?

aubiefifty

is it possible any college teams out there are using them and encouraging high school athletes to use them? my question is not to flame on anyone thus no names being mentioned. i just wonder why our team seems to be weak suddenly when yox was the man for so long? this is the only solution i can think of.

is it possible any college teams out there are using them and encouraging high school athletes to use them? my question is not to flame on anyone thus no names being mentioned. i just wonder why our team seems to be weak suddenly when yox was the man for so long? this is the only solution i can think of.

There are strict rules on steroids and no administration pushes steroids. There is not enough testing, especially at the high school level though. When they are used it is usually from internal pressure the player places on himself to get better.

i keep hearing things about a college coach wanting high school kids that are coming to his program to beef up more etc? is this hogwash? i really would like to know.

i keep hearing things about a college coach wanting high school kids that are coming to his program to beef up more etc? is this hogwash? i really would like to know.

Colleges "beef up" the players once they get to college. Diet and training programs do this. Steroid/pro hormone use is prevalent in high schools. I cannot comment for sure about college since I have no first hand experience with it.

the reason i started this thread is i keep hearing that a coach in the sec might be encouraging high school kids to beef up using them before they get on campus? probably just a stupid rumor but i have to wonder. are some teams strength and conditioning coaches that much better than others? when we got yox he was supposed to be the best if not one of. this rumor bugs me not so much as it might be cheating but how can some of our boys keep getting manhandled if our guy is one of the best?

Steroids should be legal. The fact is there has never been any studies showing they cause long term health problems.

Umm, Lyle Alzado. Enough said.

Correct me if I am wrong, but hasn't our defense been built more for speed in the past several years? I remember us being a little beefy in the 90's but I seem to remember us having a "swarm to the ball" type of D over the past several years.

Over the past 10 years, our DE's haven't been overly large, (Lemonier, Groves, McClover, etc..) but they were prolly the fastest in the league. Our linemen up the middle have been Fairley beefy, but DE's and LB's have been built for speed.

Now that BVG is DC, he prefers big powerful linemen and LB's and it may take a little over a year, which he hasnt been here that long, to change the size/strength of these. (not a workout guru as I am built for comfort, not speed ;) )

Steroids should be legal. The fact is there has never been any studies showing they cause long term health problems.

Really? Really? I'm sorry but i don't feel like dying at 50 from an over-sized heart that causes me to fall on the floor under cardiac arrest.

For an alleged college graduate, you say some pretty stupid crap.

It never stops either. It's like he is stuck on repeat.

the reason i started this thread is i keep hearing that a coach in the sec might be encouraging high school kids to beef up using them before they get on campus? probably just a stupid rumor but i have to wonder. are some teams strength and conditioning coaches that much better than others? when we got yox he was supposed to be the best if not one of. this rumor bugs me not so much as it might be cheating but how can some of our boys keep getting manhandled if our guy is one of the best?

I would think that most all college programs urge recruits to "beef up", work on their technique, keep their grades up, stay out of trouble, etc. until they get on campus.

As to why our guys are getting manhandled, they are just weak, unmotivated, unprepared, and often times look like they don't care to fight anymore. I think it's more of a mental/attitude issue right now.

I guess I'm not sure where you're going with this? :dunno:

Correct me if I am wrong, but hasn't our defense been built more for speed in the past several years? I remember us being a little beefy in the 90's but I seem to remember us having a "swarm to the ball" type of D over the past several years.

Over the past 10 years, our DE's haven't been overly large, (Lemonier, Groves, McClover, etc..) but they were prolly the fastest in the league. Our linemen up the middle have been Fairley beefy, but DE's and LB's have been built for speed.

Now that BVG is DC, he prefers big powerful linemen and LB's and it may take a little over a year, which he hasnt been here that long, to change the size/strength of these. (not a workout guru as I am built for comfort, not speed ;) )

I see what you did there...pretty punny ;D

:clap::laugh:

I can not say that I agree with you on them being legal in the sense of over the counter use but you are correct in your statement concerning men. However, that is not the case for women. I also see how many people on here are not well educated on the subject. It is the abuse of these drugs that cause problems. Some have no business being used at all, however Anavar is still used in the medical community today as just one example. Testosterone is used my millions of men everyday. It is about abuse. If x amount does this for me just think how great XXXX amount will be.

I can not say that I agree with you on them being legal in the sense of over the counter use but you are correct in your statement concerning men. However, that is not the case for women. I also see how many people on here are not well educated on the subject. It is the abuse of these drugs that cause problems. Some have no business being used at all, however Anavar is still used in the medical community today as just one example. Testosterone is used my millions of men everyday. It is about abuse. If x amount does this for me just think how great XXXX amount will be.

You make some good points whiz. My 97 year old grandma and my father both take some type of steroid. However, these aren't the types that bodybuilder's and athletes are using. Plus, we need to take baby steps. My glaucoma is acting up something fiercely and we need to find something that helps out with that and legalize it.

You make some good points whiz. My 97 year old grandma and my father both take some type of steroid. However, these aren't the types that bodybuilder's and athletes are using. Plus, we need to take baby steps. My glaucoma is acting up something fiercely and we need to find something that helps out with that and legalize it.

:lmao::laugh:

I like that WE10.

Archived