Can Chizik make a splash OC hire?

texastiger09

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CharlieWeis3.jpg

You said a Splash Hire!!!

I was going there too. Then I remember he's at Kansas now for a couple of years until he's fired again. Ironically he took Turner Gills place at Kansas.........

CharlieWeis3.jpg

You said a Splash Hire!!!

I was going there too. Then I remember he's at Kansas now for a couple of years until he's fired again. Ironically he took Turner Gills place at Kansas.........

LOL, the OP wanted a splash hire........it don't get no bigger!!!LOL

At this point no one with an established career will take a chance on CGC being around. A real up and comer unlilke what we got is our only option.

Put 1-2 milly up like Gus was getting...someone will come here regardless of CGC status ....may not even take that much....system or not the offense looks unprepared to play on Saturdays.

What OC do you think would come here under the current circumstances?

I'm sure I'll get roasted for posting this....but how about Bobby Petrino. I know I know, most programs wouldn't touch that with a 10 foot pole. He needs a job, so I think he would be accepting of the current circumstances. We need a proven "get it done" offensive coordinator. There is no doubt in my mind that we would have a top notch Offense if we could bring in ole biker Bobby.

I am not suggesting that it should or could happen, but it would seem to fit. Both Auburn and Petrino are in pretty rough shape right now. Both Auburn and Petrino would benefit, despite each others short comings.

Just wondering...if Chizik was fired you think BVG would want to leave as well since Chizik was the person that hired him?

Just wondering...if Chizik was fired you think BVG would want to leave as well since Chizik was the person that hired him?

Nope he'd probably be relieved in all seriousness, as long as the new guy let him do his thing

I don't think that any OC would come here when their boss has his job security being questioned. Chizik laid his hopes on CSL and unfortunately he is a pro style OC with spread players. I don't see BVG staying unless it's to take the head job.

I cannot believe Chizik would make the type of hire (& change of philosophy) he made, CSL having such little experience as an OC, without the foresight that this very senario (or worse) could happen. Let's see how well Chiz & company response.

Not pumping sunshine, because what else can we do but hope for the best (whatever that might be).

WAR EAGLE!

BVG told me in a conversation that he was hear because he and Muschamp are tight and Muschamp (last year when he was at UF) said Auburn was one of the best jobs in College Football. Also said he knew and respected Chiz but was much tighter with Muschamp.

I'm sure I'll get roasted for posting this....but how about Bobby Petrino. I know I know, most programs wouldn't touch that with a 10 foot pole. He needs a job, so I think he would be accepting of the current circumstances. We need a proven "get it done" offensive coordinator. There is no doubt in my mind that we would have a top notch Offense if we could bring in ole biker Bobby.

I am not suggesting that it should or could happen, but it would seem to fit. Both Auburn and Petrino are in pretty rough shape right now. Both Auburn and Petrino would benefit, despite each others short comings.

This. Heck tell him we'll throw in a Harley and a volleyball player. I kid I kid

Petrino will be a head coach somewhere. He's not stepping back to an OC role.

mangino.jpg220px-MarkMangino.jpg

Nope... judging by some of the twitter stuff he would make them cry with verbal abuse and we would lose all the underclassmen.

What he got fired for if I remember, verbal abuse.

Exhibit A:

AL BORGES

An excellent offensive coordinator. We've seen what he can do with decent talent. He's in the same boat as CSL right now; spread guys trying to run a conventional offense. Coach Al said "it ain't so much the Xs and Os as it is the Jimmy's and Joes". You need good talent.

Archived