Could This Be Our Problem?

Weegle777

Lets not forget that Loeffler could quite possibly be on an island on this staff kind of like Franklin was on Tubs' staff. He brought no assistants in with him that know his scheme. Lets not blame this ALL on lefty. Could be that the other assistants don't like his scheme or may have hoped that they would be OC this year. Don't discount that possibility.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lets not forget that Loeffler could quite possibly be on an island on this staff kind of like Franklin was on Tubs' staff. He brought no assistants in with him that know his scheme. Lets not blame this ALL on lefty. Could be that the other assistants don't like his scheme or may have hoped that they would be OC this year. Don't discount that possibility.

Yes, I've considered this as well especially with the comparisons being made to Franklin.

It all starts with the "Happy Football Day" thread. That's the guy we should be blaming.

If you are going to make a change, then Chizik needs to create his own offensive philosophy and defensive philosophy, and bring in coordinators to run the Auburn offense and Auburn defense. Saban has a philosophy on both sides of the ball and the coordinators run his system. That way you have no dissenting issues on your staff. You know your role and you shut your hole and do it. Or you are gone. End of story. Say what you want about saban but he has it figured out.

Chizik went after several other coaches for OC and finally got caught in a "got to get someone"

situation. Looper would have been a better choice than Loeffler. We have major problems on

the offensive side that run deeper than many realize! These coaches are not on the same page

in many ways. It is obvious by the body language you see from coaches and players! Chizik made

the type hire that gets coaches fired!

Chizik went after several other coaches for OC and finally got caught in a "got to get someone"

situation. Looper would have been a better choice than Loeffler. We have major problems on

the offensive side that run deeper than many realize! These coaches are not on the same page

in many ways. It is obvious by the body language you see from coaches and players! Chizik made

thats the whole thing. Nussmeier didn't bring anyone with him that I know of. He just knows to do his job and shut his mouth. BVG didn't bring anyone with him and if I am not mistaken he had to tell another coach on the staff to shut his mouth and he would do things his way.

Loeffler was hired to develop KF who spent last season trying to grasp SEC football...and got about 1/2 of his passes intercepted. It's hard to claim that the OC has done anything for any of our QBs......plus he just doesn't seem to have an offensive/game strategy. Time for a real OC.

It looks that way, doesn't it?

Yep. That's what I mean. If you change offensive systems, you change the ENTIRE OFFENSIVE STAFF, not just the coordinator. Or you will have dissension.

Loeffler was hired to develop KF who spent last season trying to grasp SEC football...and got about 1/2 of his passes intercepted. It's hard to claim that the OC has done anything for any of our QBs......plus he just doesn't seem to have an offensive/game strategy. Time for a real OC.

If you bring in another OC and not an offensive staff, it will be the same result.

If you are a strong enough leader you don't have problems. But I don't think our HC is strong enough to command them to get in line.

Not if you have position assistants wanting that coordinator title.

If you are a strong enough leader you don't have problems. But I don't think our HC is strong enough to command them to get in line.

Not if you have position assistants wanting that coordinator title.

WHO?

Then they need to be shown the door. That is how you run a tight ship. My way or the highway.

But if I had a 7 million dollar buy out I would not be worried about too much of anything either.

Then they need to be shown the door. That is how you run a tight ship. My way or the highway.

But if I had a 7 million dollar buy out I would not be worried about too much of anything either.

That is true.

Yep. That's what I mean. If you change offensive systems, you change the ENTIRE OFFENSIVE STAFF, not just the coordinator. Or you will have dissension.

I don't buy this. Petrino did not bring a staff, Borges did not bring a staff, and these current asst had never coached with Malhzan.

I don't buy this. Petrino did not bring a staff, Borges did not bring a staff, and these current asst had never coached with Malhzan.

There are exceptions to EVERY rule. But it doesn't make what I posted any less true.

Get rid of the offensive staff. Just because you are a great recruiter does not make a great coach. Our problem on O is coaching. I can see improvement in the defence each game,

Loeffler made some good play calls today. The execution was not there. There is obviously a disconnect somewhere along the line. I think the offense doesn't trust him yet. They don't know him.

I could be really wrong on this.

Does anyone else think that players might not have agreed with with Bray being suspended thus leading to some really bad play.

The O line gave up 8 sacks to the worse D in the SEC. Nothing looked right today.

If we are going to say the same thing now that we did about the franklin debacle we need to go a couple of steps further.

Back then some said, and still say, "he couldn't succeed because he wasn't allowed to hire his own offensive assistants." Some pilloried the "barbecue gang" and Tuberville for that. If we are going to start saying "our new offensive coordinator should have been able to have his own assistants" then let's pillory chizik and his gang for not letting that happen. What type of "gang" are we going to say these guys are? We can't call them "the barbecue gang." That one is already taken. Are they "the tofu gang", the "chicken salad gang" or what?

I think that Lefty was/is a great hire. There were two things we needed in a coordinator:

We needed to hire someone who could develop quarterbacks. Lefty is a proven qb developer. See Tom Brady, Time Tebow, Chad Henie, and many other qb's that he has developed. Frazier has been a unique project. He was not good at reading defenses coming in. Gus did nothing to help that. We have to give lefty more time to work his wonders with Kiehl.

Second, we needed to be more multiple on offenses. All of the best teams are switching from spread or pro to a more diverse set of play calling that incorporates both. This move was essential to take us to the next level as a team. Moving to this new system will also take some time.

To make a long story short, we need to quit freeking out and give him more time. This move may take until next season. Once we have adapted to this style, we should have a good offense.

Archived