Positives...(tough one)

PCBAuburnaFan

I've done it every week and i will attempt it again!

1)Steven Clark was solid

2)Joshua Holsey may of made some mistakes but he will be a solid corner down the road true gamer

3)Prosch had a pretty 5 yard run (although he still seems to disappear half way through games)

4)Emory Blake fought his butt off all game even with his one mistake

5)Stallworth showed he could get open deep, and so did Trovon

6)Blocking on the perimeter looked improved

7)Jonathan Wallace has yet to fumble and almost always gets near 4 yard gains

8)No significant injuries! (that i noticed)

9)Tre Mason has heart

10)We still have not given up 30 points...

Look guys i fully understand someone is going to ask how can i look for positives after a performance like that, but i've tried this every week so don't flame this topic with negativity. Sarcasm is just fine, we could all use something to laugh about even if it's at our own expense.

Good observations... The TD "on" Holsey wasnt his fault. Safety has to pick that up. We were playing Cover 2! He played well today.

I thought the receivers made some tough catches today. Stallworth made a really tough one. They seemed to run good routes and made most of the catches.

The best thing I saw was Holsey still fighting at the end of the game. We need that. That shows heart and a never give up attitude. As of right now my starting DBs would have to be McNeal, Florence, Holsey, and Davis. Those 4 have shown more fight that ANYONE else on the team.

I'm annoyed with the announcers at the end of the game bitching for a penalty on the Holsey hit.

1) He never left his feet.

2) He hit with his shoulder to the opponent's shoulder.

3) The defender should have been looking for a blocker since he was going for the ball carrier. The guy wasn't just floating in space on the other side of the field.

In conclusion: Blow me ESPN tier 4 announcers.

I'm annoyed with the announcers at the end of the game bitching for a penalty on the Holsey hit.

1) He never left his feet.

2) He hit with his shoulder to the opponent's shoulder.

3) The defender should have been looking for a blocker since he was going for the ball carrier. The guy wasn't just floating in space on the other side of the field.

In conclusion: Blow me ESPN tier 4 announcers.

I agree 100%

We only have seven more games to go before we can have renewed excitement for next year!!

+1

D tackled very well. Very.

They get a few more TOs and it might be the best performance in Chizik tenure... befuddling.

KF stepping into his throws. Seemed very committed. It seemed like we were very close in the 1st half to playing well. The sacks and the Omac oops were brutal. I think we're ahead a TD at half without those easy.

Also coverage was solid. Most of their production came on 1st down/PA in the 1st half. Best zone we've played in a while and we took#11 away. How did we lose?

↑↑↑ Yes Sir ↑↑↑

With all of his game time experience, KF is almost certain to become an absolute gem of a backup.

We only have seven more games to go before we can have renewed excitement for next year!!

If Chizik is still coaching in 2013, then their won't be any renewed excitement.

KF stepping into his throws. Seemed very committed. It seemed like we were very close in the 1st half to playing well. The sacks and the Omac oops were brutal. I think we're ahead a TD at half without those easy.

Also coverage was solid. Most of their production came on 1st down/PA in the 1st half. Best zone we've played in a while and we took#11 away. How did we lose?

This^

I know we are 1-4 and everything looks bad, but I don't think things are as bad as they look. This team is, in my opinion, very close to being good. We just have several little things we need to do slightly better.

In spite of being benched, I thought Frazier looked better. He just needs to learn to throw the ball away.

At times, our run game was solid. Our O-line needs to get better though to make it really good.

Our defense has clearly made strides since the first game. We are tackling better and covering better. Regardless of what people may think about arkansas, they have put up a lot of yards on the teams they have played. They just made mistakes in the red zone in their first few games. We held arkansas to less yards than they are averaging per game.

Our special teams played pretty well.

We had multiple receivers catching passes today!

Patience guys. We will get better.

+The players are working their tails off

+The defense has another game under it's belt- held wilson to 216 yards

+We have a baby tiger

+VanGorder's 'stache looked more luxurious than usual

Holsey, Therezie, and Garret played physical.

Blake had 10 catches.

Our backs ran for about 90 yards on 20 carries. The YPC among the backs is pretty good on the season, about 5 YPC.

Simply learning to throw the ball away instead of a 10+ yrd sack puts us ahead at the half. Who knows then.

D held Wilson to just over 200 yards...that should have been good enough.

So how many of you too AU and gave the 10 points? Good news is that I didn't...so that's a positive for me at least.

I agree...we make a few plays ans we win. Omac might still be running if he catches that swing pass....if Mosely makes a completion to a wide open wr in the end zone....if Blakely holds on to the ball....get the point? We are close....we have to learn how to win. I thought we played well on D....i see improvement every week. And I think CSL will be fine. His offense is diverse...lots of looks and motion. Once they learn it completely it will be fun to watch. It sucks right now....but i think our o line is to blame for that...and they will only get better. Lots of young talent on our line.

Don't know how anyone thought Frazier looked better than Moseley. Even though Clint has not played in a game this year, he was more accurate, looked off receivers, and ran the offense better. The O-Line was terrible, actually abysmal today. No QB outside Cam, could have been successful with the way the O-Line played today.

I only credit Clint with one interception, the first one in the end zone. I do not count the last interception in the end zone, since Clint was no doubt forcing the ball, due to the time on the clock. He was not trying to get a single TD, he was hoping to get us back into the game.

Frazier was a lot more accurate today, but still had issues looking off the primary receivers. Of course he was not given much opportunity, so I do not hold this performance against him. However, Frazier has had five games to zero for Clint this year and Clint actually played better, IMHO.

We are in big trouble folks, no other way to look at it. This is going to be a very disappointing year and a real struggle to get to .500.

The Auburn football team is in meltdown mode right now. Wish I could predict where we go from here to improve, but I honestly do not know.

In another note, this is definitely going to affect recruiting, make no mistake about it.

Archived