We are now Iowa State...under Chizik

Raven_tiger

Agree. I am a physician and interact with another physician who is an ISU fan. He said our program would soon resemble a chinese fire drill. I laughed at him after 2010, but now I realize how right he was. Our program is in total disarray. It looks as if we could get lost in a cul-de-sac on offense. It's just pitiful to watch.

1-4

18 months removed from a MNC

loss to Arky which was blistered by aTm

no excuses anymore

Agreed, it's BAD, but how do we fix it? What's the right move? I do believe players are not being developed and that a HUGE problem.

Iowa St up 10 - 0 right now

1-4

18 months removed from a MNC

loss to Arky which was blistered by aTm

no excuses anymore

Agreed, it's BAD, but how do we fix it? What's the right move? I do believe players are not being developed and that a HUGE problem.

Yep! That's the problem! Lack of development...plus we need a better S&C program. We are getting pushed up and down the field on both sides of the ball.

I actually kind of agree with this, but not for the reason people think. At Iowa State, Chizik was dealt an awful hand. He started like 60-70 percent freshmen at iowa state. I think we are similiar in that Chizik, once again, was put between a rock and a hard place. When Tubbs left, all of our seniors left for the NFL and all of our freshmen/sophmores transferred. Chizik was left with a bare closet. Years later, we are still feeling the effects of that. We have a lot of talent, but our talent is very young. Our upper classmen have been playing in a particiular scheme for most of there college careers and are being asked to switch to virtually the polar opposite system on both sides of the ball.

So... yea we are like iowa state under chizik. Young, inexperienced, and likely to be significantly better in a year or so. Why do you think that joke of a coach, paul rhodes, is being successful at iowa state... Chizik's recruits...

I actually kind of agree with this, but not for the reason people think. At Iowa State, Chizik was dealt an awful hand. He started like 60-70 percent freshmen at iowa state. I think we are similiar in that Chizik, once again, was put between a rock and a hard place. When Tubbs left, all of our seniors left for the NFL and all of our freshmen/sophmores transferred. Chizik was left with a bare closet. Years later, we are still feeling the effects of that. We have a lot of talent, but our talent is very young. Our upper classmen have been playing in a particiular scheme for most of there college careers and are being asked to switch to virtually the polar opposite system on both sides of the ball.

So... yea we are like iowa state under chizik. Young, inexperienced, and likely to be significantly better in a year or so. Why do you think that joke of a coach, paul rhodes, is being successful at iowa state... Chizik's recruits...

stop with the kool-ade......paul rhoads was a better DC than chizik and is now a better HC....iowa st would beat us as bad as arkie did

Other than the last bit -- Paul Rhoads is not a "joke of a coach" and I'm mystified that you would say he is -- there is a lot of truth to what you just said. Chiz doesn't yet have his own redshirt juniors and seniors (2009 signees were Tuberville recruiting class salvage) and I think he has to have a chance to have his (2010 and later) recruits on the field as upperclassmen. (Next year is it in that regard as the 2010 signees will be redshirt juniors or seniors.)

This year is awful, especially on offense. I expect BVG to be around for a while and for the defense to improve. On offense I just don't know.

stop with the kool-ade......paul rhoads was a better DC than chizik and is now a better HC....iowa st would beat us as bad as arkie did

Better HC, maybe. Better DC? NOT EVEN KINDA.

Ah....NO...not even close.

Rhoads is probably a better head coach, but he was definitely NOT a better DC. I'm just stunned at the mess Chizik has created as our HC, but he was a superior coordinator by any way you want to measure it. Really, I'm stunned someone who was such a competent coordinator seems completely incapable of fielding a competent looking team in his 4th year.

Ah....NO...not even close.

Can we all agree that Rhoads and Chizik were handed Tubs play book. Tubs was the DC they just had permission to call plays.

I'll put it this way. If he and the staff does get let go, I would take him back ASAP as our DC. In a perfect world, vangorder and chizik are co-defensive coordinators. Vangorder coaches LBs and chizik coaches DBs.

Lol. And you people are surprised???!? Why? Chizik is a great guy, and so is my dad, but neither one can produce talent and wins in the SEC on a consistent basis. What control does chizik have of this program? We have more players arrested than wins. How many players does he put in the NFL that he has developed? If Cam and Nick didn't go to JUCO they wouldn't have been drafted, cuz they werent victims of chizik and co. How many times have we finished in the top 10? We have recruited a top 10 class every single year. Other than towel waving, and making up quotes like "80 for 80" what has trooper done?

As I've asked for 2 years, please explain to me what is so special ab Frazier? Other than his dad chiming in on this board in the off season and everybody obsessing over his every statement, what is so great ab the kid? He seems like a super great guy that would be a hell of a wonderful Boy Scout troop leader (im an eagle scout myself) but what's he done on the football field?Is auburn running a day care or an sec program???

And why on gods green earth would Lawson, Liner and Foster want to come to Auburn???? I simply don't understand! I honestly feel so bad for these kids that have mounds of potential that want to come to auburn. For their sake, every one of them should go to bama or LSU where they will have the shot of moving on to the NFL, because once they sign the LOI with auburn I feel it's practically a death sentence!

As with every factual statement I make on a consistent basis, write this one down...chizik will never produce anything better than 8-5 at Auburn, so I find it absolutely comical that anybody on this board would expect anything more.

Sooooo, he's recruited one way for and is now expecting his players to play a "polar opposite" scheme. Pretty damn stupid isnt it? Who exactly forced him to change? As a head coach youre responsible for your decisions. If I ran a tomoato growing business with all tomato processing equipment I've been buying for years would you as my boss be happy if one day I decided to try to make cell phones with the equipment?

All I can say is that the game I watched today caused me physical pain. That was NOT Auburn football. I don't know what it was. I am out of answers.

Archived