What are the repercussions....

PigskinPat

....after a game during practice for blown coverages, missed assignments, bonehead personal fouls, etc.? Some of you that have more knowledge than me about those things, are players running gassers, stadiums, or the like for these things?

One thing I remember an announcer saying a couple of year's ago (I believe it was Blackledge) was if our players didn't hand the ball to the ref after the play was over they were running for it on Monday. And am I the only one who misses our guys doing that? I know it had to do in large part to getting the ball spotted faster for the tempo Gus wanted to run, but they were also doing it after every score. I've seen some of our players do it this year, but not a lot. To me it always made our guys look disciplined, respectful, classy, all the good things you can think of. I know we have many, bigger concerns on offense, but does anyone else wished we still did this?

Obvious statement here, but we def are undisciplined. As mentioned before, it seems some coaches are more friends with the players than coaches and that has to lead to problems all over.

Obvious statement here, but we def are undisciplined. As mentioned before, it seems some coaches are more friends with the players than coaches and that has to lead to problems all over.

Yep. This is a problem. Th players need to respect the coaches, but friendship is out of the question.

Trooper Taylor comes to mind in this category. (side note our punt return is awful and has been for a while)

Also i was just thinking today how i wished we still did that because it was respectful. That way referees do not have to awkwardly jog over to the ball carelessly put on the ground and pick it up like a parent coming behind a kid. Another thing is by doing that players are less likely to fumble because they don't just flip it out when they think a play is over.

Trooper Taylor comes to mind in this category. (side note our punt return is awful and has been for a while)

Also i was just thinking today how i wished we still did that because it was respectful. That way referees do not have to awkwardly jog over to the ball carelessly put on the ground and pick it up like a parent coming behind a kid. Another thing is by doing that players are less likely to fumble because they don't just flip it out when they think a play is over.

Exactly! Plus doing that after a score reminds me of the old phrase "act like you've been there".

I noticed yesterday that our players don't hand the ball to the refs each time anymore and another thing I noticed is that all players on kick offs don't run to the end zone on touch backs before stopping. We look undisciplined, lazy and I won't say disrespectful to but not respectful of the game and those that came before anymore.

Archived