Team meeting?

minister of music

Was there a team meeting last night?. I had an uncle from moundville who said it was on the news last night.

I have a question. Did any of our defensive players know how to TACKLE when they were in high school?

Hahahaha that's SO hilarious. How many times do some of you think you need to keep pointing out our horrible tackling? We watched the game.

The State game is over with. We got our ass handed to us. Get over it. If the players had the same attitude as some of you they would never get anywhere. They've moved on and are getting ready for ULM.

I have a question. Did any of our defensive players know how to TACKLE when they were in high school?

i can live with youthful mistakes and the problems that come with changing offensive and defensive systems.....i understand that will be a learning on the job process.....i cannot understand why AU can't tackle.....we could tackle and hit when tuberville was here.....since chizik came here as head coach,the team is woeful in fundamentals on the defensive side of the ball....can't hang this year on ted roof.....this is the head coaches main responsibility in that he must see that the problems are fixed and chizik has failed miserably in that regard

Remember what Paul Rhoads said when he took over for Chizik at Iowa State? He had to go back to Football 101.

This team is going to have to get mad, get tough and get mean. It's gut check time so yes, I hope there are several team only meetings. The coaches need to take care of their business too.

We have this problem and that problem, we all know that, but what are we going to do about it as a fan ? I am going to support this team.

i guess not.......lol....Come on guys,This is an Auburn site. We are better than other fan bases about griping,moaning and complaining. We all desire better things,better times,but it take a valley sometimes to strengthen one to make the uphill climb back to the mountain top. I am ALL IN,ALL THE TIME,REGARDLESS! Don't count out any Auburn team. We have heart and determination.Watch and SEE.

That is all we can do at this point. We can't sit the coaches down and give them a stern talking to and we have no business bothering the players.

We will see what this team is made of when our backs are up against the corner. My expectations for this team have dropped this year but I"m still hoping we can see some good football. Man, I really want to see some good football.

"...we could tackle and hit when tuberville was here."

Actually for all his good points as a DC, Muschamp's emotional, ears pinned back style of D had abysmal tackling. This forum (e.g.) had thread after thread bemoaning that CWM apparently rarely even reinforced high school tackling 101. BVG also coaches an emotional, don't over-analyze-things D that may disappoint those looking for textbook tackling and containment.

"...we could tackle and hit when tuberville was here."

Actually for all his good points as a DC, Muschamp's emotional, ears pinned back style of D had abysmal tackling. This forum (e.g.) had thread after thread bemoaning that CWM apparently rarely even reinforced high school tackling 101. BVG also coaches an emotional, don't over-analyze-things D that may disappoint those looking for textbook tackling and containment.

Yep! How many glancing blows did we see by DB's all those years? Care to go back and look? Now, we need to ramp it up no doubt. We have to do better. One thing I did notice in the game this weekend is that our DB's are a bit smaller than MSU's and it does help that they are very good as a unit. I was impressed with their defense, even though KF made them look like the #1 defense in the land.

Remember what Paul Rhoads said when he took over for Chizik at Iowa State? He had to go back to Football 101.

Paul Rhoads hasn't won a Championship. A great year at ISU is a moderate year at AU. They play cupcakes in comparrison but he has done a very good job up there. I know everyone wants to Cam this and Cam that....but he didn't walk on at AU either. I like Paul, but he can be disrespectful at times so I could care less what he thinks.

Paul Rhoads hasn't won a Championship. A great year at ISU is a moderate year at AU. They play cupcakes in comparrison but he has done a very good job up there. I know everyone wants to Cam this and Cam that....but he didn't walk on at AU either. I like Paul, but he can be disrespectful at times so I could care less what he thinks.

You'll never win a championship at ISU but football fundamentals are the same at ISU, AU, UAT, UTK, etc...

Winning a BCS Championship doesn't grant you immunity.

Archived