Did anyone else notice?

Wareagletd

That when we threw the ball most of the time we were going deep. We need more 10-12 yard pass plays.

That when we threw the ball most of the time we were going deep. We need more 10-12 yard pass plays.

I get your point but the majority of those plays we had the open wr

Yeah, hopefully Kiehl will settle down. It just frustrated me on 3rd and 4 we would chunk the ball downfield.

Yeah, hopefully Kiehl will settle down. It just frustrated me on 3rd and 4 we would chunk the ball downfield.

They were good reads just bad throws...hopefully just jitters

He missed some of the shorter reads. On that one underthrow to Coates, Lutz was standing wide open in the flat. On another rollout he had Mason open on a flat as well. That will come with time. I thought Kiehl was solid. The overthrows hurt and he struggled on the screen passes but he did step up a few times and deliver some important passes on 3rd down. Was really disappointed in that last drive though as he was very undecisive. Give him time and I think he will develop nicely.

Don't think Clemson respected our passing game. They were jammed up to stop what was an effective running game and our receivers usually had single coverage and were generally open. Could have been a big passing night for AU...BUT......

It is the first game and our QB's first start. He has planty of talent and we need to show him love so that he stays positive and does not get down on himself. I know losing the game hurts and yes if the passing game had been any kind of consistent we probably win but that is not the only reason we lost and it is not all his fault. The defense could not tackle the RB nor could they get to Boyd. It was more fustrating watching the pass rush get in the back field and watch Boyd run for a first down. I know it happened atleast three times on 3rd down. Thats the game right there. Lets just show the team some love and prepare for next week.

Don't think Clemson respected our passing game. They were jammed up to stop what was an effective running game and our receivers usually had single coverage and were generally open. Could have been a big passing night for AU...BUT......

I agree 100%. OPEN RECEIVERS ALL NIGHT. Give him a year of experience and we would have killed Clemson with the pass. If they dont shore up their D, they wont win the ACC. Great offense....

What I noticed at the game: For the most part, we ran the ball to the left side or Rolled out to the right to pass. Thats it. There were some runs up the middle that worked. Prosch sat out for a number of plays before he came back in. Once we got into position to score, why didnt we try to run it in? 3 straight passes? Not trying to be critical....

Archived