auburn stories

aubiefifty

my first and only iron bowl was in the ham. a friend that graduated from bama had season tickets so he turned them over and taped them up. we crowded into the student section gate to be in the rush. we made it no problem and i sat in the bama student cheering section. i remember some guy named shorty price9 or( howard?) beating a stuffed tiger on the chairs and screaming roll tide. i believe this gentleman used to run for the gov office and always got about ten votes. this was in the late seventies and auburn made a dramatic drive at the end and our qb threw to a receiver in the end zone and the ball bounced off his numbers and bama took over and won. i remember the bama fans being quiet until we blew it and then they found their voices again. oddly enough they were super nice to me and many came by to tell me good game and how much fun i had been.

another thing i remember is while waiting for the gates to open a big ol nice bus rolled by with bama fans waving foam number one hands out their windows. minutes later an auburn bus rolled by and a student had his hand out the window with a handmade foam hand. it was a bird and they were hollering f--- bama  . lol man i hate i cannot remember the qb's name tho.

Archived