RG - Westerman

RT - Slade

2nd Team

LT - Diamond

LG - Callahan

C -  Fariyke

RG - Mack

RT -  Miller / Young

* I think this looks like it could be the rotation. And yes we will be young and SUPER TALENTED.

I thought i read something recently that Miller has a chance at a whole lot of playing time, if not the starting position?

I think a poster on here stated that they ran into Miller and that Miller said he was expecting to start. Which is what you would expect any player that has a chance to start to say.

I thought i read something recently that Miller has a chance at a whole lot of playing time, if not the starting position?

i cant help but think that some of the comments and positioning made during spring were a little gamesmanship by the coaches.  publically commenting about putting miller at RT and slade at RG, IMO, were subtle jabs at mack/westerman ... but an very reasonable experiment at the least ... which could come to fruition if we have OG injuries again.

i think the same thing was done with holland and frost/evans.  a few public coach comments to fuel some fire.

this was a conversation i had with autan back in april - prior to LP's passing (may he rest in peace)

i applaud the coaches for giving LP a shot.  very big, very good athlete.  our level of team athlete/player has gone up dramatically in the last 2-3 years.  it just did not work out.  same for bono.  great athlete, sec football just did not work out.  happens every year on every team.  quite frankly, him bowing out lets the coaches know what they have to work with.

btw, most nfl teams don't use a FB on every play.  if lefty is going to run the O like an nfl O, then prosch will only be in the game - what? half the O snaps? - i think in theory, a backup is not required ... except for injury.  if that were to happen, i would think the talent drop off from him to one of our TE/robinson would be a pretty big step ... might be better at that point to just simply not play with a FB.

also, i think humphries could be utilized as a FB in a limited role, as well as the 255 pound version of burgess.

I believe Humphries has moved on.  My immediate thought was Burgess.  I think he would be more physical than Fulse or Uzomah but don't know if he has the footspeed. With Parks and Hutcheson coming in summer Burgess probably wouldn't take a snap at TE in the Fall unless it was a short yardage situation with 2 or 3 TEs.  BB would do anything for Auburn.  Doubt if JR would be real happy about FB role.  Will be interesting to see what developes.  Sure hope JP doesn't get hurt.

1st Team

LT-Robinson

LG-Sullen

C-Reese

RG-Westerman

RT-Miller

2nd Team

LT-Young

LG-Callahan

C-Tunde

RG-Mack

RT-Slade

This^ I believe Miller will start over Slade.

With all due respect, y'all are crazy as heck if one our best and most seasoned offensive lineman is not starting. I'm telling you, Grimes is VERY high on Slade. There's a reason Slade can practically play every position on the OL with the exception of center.

I see you working here.  You're going to kiss up to Chad Slade hoping he will keep Melvin Ray from punking you.  Not a bad plan TW, not a bad plan at all. :laugh:

and I for the life of me don't see why we don't move Will Adams to TE. Anyone who thinks he should move to guard is out of their minds he is a solid 6'7 (if not this thread i have seen it in another)just think if he has the hands he would be an unbeleivable redzone blocker/threat combo

Westerman and Sullen are starting. Miller is not big enough for RT yet.  Diamond and possibly Avery Young have the size but I can't see the justification for moving out experience for raw technique and lack of exp. 

Here is your starting lineup for the first game of the '12 season .

LT                        LG                     C                           RG                     RT

1.  Robinson (RFr)        Sullen (Sr)       Dismukes (Soph)    Westerman (RFr)    Slade (Soph)

Here is your starting lineup for the first game of the '13 season.

LT                        LG                     C                           RG                        RT

1.  Robinson (Soph.)        Slade (Jr.)       Dismukes (Jr.)    Westerman (Soph.)    Diamond (Soph)

2.  Coleman (Soph.)                                                                                        Young (Soph)

Slade and Westerman could trade LG/RG positions for '13..

I thought at some point of time I read that Robinson  and Westerman were working side by side alot and getting chemistry right.  If that is true wouldn't Westy be a LG?  I also think that Mack will be back in enough time to maybe start

I thought at some point of time I read that Robinson  and Westerman were working side by side alot and getting chemistry right.  If that is true wouldn't Westy be a LG?  I also think that Mack will be back in enough time to maybe start

Yes, you did read that coming in to Spring practice. I don't think they would put Westy and Robinson next to each other to start the season. Maybe later but for now it makes sense to put each of them next to experience (Sullen,Slade,Dismukes). I think Mack should be physically ready but I have been picking Westy to win the job since Spring practice and I am still of that opinion.

The thing with Mack is that the last two springs he gets behind the others while trying to shed weight. So apprently the dude has issues staying in shape. Add to that that he got shot and likely can't workout/run for a certain period of time. I'll be very nicely surprised if Mack comes in for two a days in shape.

Robinson will start LT

Sullen likely will start LG

Dismukes will start C

Westerman is in the running ar RG

Slade will start at RT or RG (if Westerman or Mack cannot get it done)

Mack is in the running for RG and back up for both guard positions

Fariyike is back up C but recover ing from surgery earlier this summer

One of the frosh (Diamond, Young, or Miller will be the back up for either side tackle or possibly start)

If injuries 2 of those frosh may have to burn a RS

Diamond may have an edge due to his size and versatility (can play T, G, or C)

Young is like the best NFL prospect and is bigger than Miller but could still benefit from RS if possible

Miller needs a RS to bulk up, but had a great Spring and would play out of necessity (that would not be good tho)

We are unsettled on th #1 RG and desperately need a #3 T from the frosh

If Slade has to move to RG, then we will likely need two of the frosh to cover the RT position

Likely only 1 of the frosh OL has to burn a RS, but if injuries at least 2 do

Archived