Current Commits That Could Move To 5-Stars?

TigerWar

As an example these guys are our highest rated commits on rivals that are not Five-Stars, so who do you foresee possibly moving to Five-Star status on any site before NSD? As you all know, we currently have 3 Five-Stars committed according to rivals. Do you guys think Trey Johnson will move up to 5 before it's said and done?

Trey Johnson LB 6-1/222 6.0

Earnest Robinson WR 6-3/200 5.9

Jordan Wilkins RB 6-1/210 5.9

As an example these guys are our highest rated commits on rivals that are not Five-Stars, so who do you foresee possibly moving to Five-Star status on any site before NSD? As you all know, we currently have 3 Five-Stars committed according to rivals. Do you guys think Trey Johnson will move up to 5 before it's said and done?

Jeremy Johnson FTW!

I think this was discussed on some other thread(though nothing to do with the OP). At any rate, I don't think any current commits will get a 5* bump. TJ, as talented as he is, will get picked on or not being 6'4" and 250. He is an absolute tackling machine, but he would have to have some crazy crazy season I think to make it all the way up. I think the best we can hope for with current commits is some movement up. Should have a few pick up their 4th star, and a few current 3* and 4* move up within the 3* and 4* ranking.

None of those will get a 5th star on any site. Scout may wake up eventually and give Carl a 5 star. ESPN and 247 may give one to Dee (who dropped even more from 33 to 37 on 247). Both Dee and Carl could push for a 5th on The Ringer.

I cover this on another thread. I believe that johnson should receive his fifth star on rivals

I cover this on another thread. I believe that johnson should receive his fifth star on rivals

I am not saying he is not worth it but I do not expect Trey to get the bump.

With nothing going on now, it's hard to make the case for changing any stars now.  Won't be long however until the HS season gets under way and some of the rising seniors are back on the field. 

None of those will get a 5th star on any site. Scout may wake up eventually and give Carl a 5 star. ESPN and 247 may give one to Dee (who dropped even more from 33 to 37 on 247). Both Dee and Carl could push for a 5th on The Ringer.

This. TJ doesn't have the prototypical size it takes to gain a five star rating, even when his talent and production calls for it.

Trey would be the only one with a shot, but I don't think any will end up getting it.  I do however think that many of our 3-star guys will get bumped up to 4-stars.  

This is with regard to the rivals ranking by the way.

IMO the only way we get another 5 star is to get commitments from kids that already have the stars.  After what I am reading today seems very possible.  Still got a long ride though.  War Eagle!!!

Trey Johnson is the only one I could see getting the bump. If he grew about 2 inches and added 10-15 lbs I think he would be very close, if he wasn't already a 5 star. I wouldn't be surprised if he is one of the highest 4 stars though, like Westerman and Lemonier.

Trey Blackmon was a 5 star a few yrs back and he was no bigger

than TJ. The rankings that some recruits get when it is known that

they are going to commit to a "certain" school has become a joke!

I really think some of our current commits are underated and hopefully

after stellar SR seasons that will be corrected.

:zapbama: :zapbama:

Trey Johnson is the only one I could see getting the bump. If he grew about 2 inches and added 10-15 lbs I think he would be very close, if he wasn't already a 5 star. I wouldn't be surprised if he is one of the highest 4 stars though, like Westerman and Lemonier.

The Lemonier comparison is a pretty good one, in my opinion. He seems to be the kind of kid that produces at a five star level, but is still trapped in a four star frame. Lemonier was the same way, often generating more buzz than a lot of his five star peers.  They both seem like the kind of kids who have the potential to be very special if the cards fall right and they can get their bodies in the right place. Obviously things have worked out pretty well for Corey. Let's hope they turn out the same for Trey.

I don't expect of the current players that are not fifth stars to get it. However, a lot of the 3 stars I do expect them to get their 4th star.

Trey would be the only one with a shot, but I don't think any will end up getting it.  I do however think that many of our 3-star guys will get bumped up to 4-stars.  

This. I believe we'll have anywhere from 3-6 players get a bump up to four stars.

This. I believe we'll have anywhere from 3-6 players get a bump up to four stars.

Did anyone notice Wilkins is a 3 star on The Ringer?

I do, however, think that instead of the top 15 on Rivals, that they'll make it possibly the top 30-ish become 5-stars. It has been that way for the past couple of years. I suppose they just have it to a short list now because it is in the off season. If Johnson plays EXCEPTIONALLY well, I could possibly see him getting very close to a 5 star. Depends on other players in the country too though. We'll just have to see.

Trey Blackmon was a 5 star a few yrs back and he was no bigger

than TJ. The rankings that some recruits get when it is known that

they are going to commit to a "certain" school has become a joke!

I really think some of our current commits are underated and hopefully

after stellar SR seasons that will be corrected.

:zapbama: :zapbama:

Did you see Blackmon's film? There was no way he wasn't going to be a 5*. Blackmon's highlights were filled with huge hits. Trey isn't the hardest hitter but he is a sure tackler. Like others have said, if Trey were a couple inches taller and 15 or 20 lbs heavier he might already have his 5th star.

To the guys that are savvy to the ranking systems...if what Red says happens and several of our 3's moved to 4's what overall ranking would we be at?

To the guys that are savvy to the ranking systems...if what Red says happens and several of our 3's moved to 4's what overall ranking would we be at?

I would think that easily in the top 3.

On Rivals it would be a minimum of a 45 to 90 point increase which would put us 6th on Rivals. The biggest thing that could hlp Auburn in rankings is Carl and Dee moving up a few spots.

Ell, what's the new rivals formula? I feel pretty sure that we'll end up in the top 3 regardless of players rising to a four star rating, but depending on how many get the bump, we might well finish number 1.

Ell, what's the new rivals formula? I feel pretty sure that we'll end up in the top 3 regardless of players rising to a four star rating, but depending on how many get the bump, we might well finish number 1.

Stars themselves don't matter anymore. It's strictly based on grade and Rivals 250 bonus. The bumps you are looking for would only put AU 5th or 6th.

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?SID=880&CID=1364602

Stars themselves don't matter anymore. It's strictly based on grade and Rivals 250 bonus. The bumps you are looking for would only put AU 5th or 6th.

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?SID=880&CID=1364602

Interesting. Still, it's more due to the players I think we are going to have coming our way than it is the players getting the bump, anyway, so we shall see. Thanks for the link, btw.

Archived