Defensive Line

Wareagletd

Which defensive lineman do you think will make the biggest impact this season?  

226 members have voted

1. 1. Which defensive lineman do you think will make the biggest impact this season?

• Corey Lemonier
    • Jeff Whitaker
    • Dee Ford
    • Nosa Eguae
    • Craig Sanders
    • Gabe Wright
    • Angelo Blackson
    • Kenneth Carter
    • Devaunte Sigler
    • Other

Okay guys and gals. I know it's July whenever I begin to wonder this. But who do y'all think will be the most impactful D-Line man this year. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say.....Gabe Wright

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay guys and gals. I know it's July whenever I begin to wonder this. But who do y'all think will be the most impactful D-Line man this year. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say.....Gabe Wright

This would be a good poll. My vote is for Corey Lemonier.

Carl Lawson

Oh, wait...

This would be a good poll. My vote is for Corey Lemonier.

Yes it would.

There is a great deal of talent on this year's line, all the way through the depth chart. I put 9 choices up, and that's not even mentioning Ladarius Owens, Jabrian Niles, Keymiya Harrell (whom I've heard the coaches have been impressed with), Gimel President, or Tyler Nero. My vote is for Jeff Whitaker, because I think he's going to add the inside rush to go along with Lemonier and Ford coming from the outside, a la Fairley and Antoine Carter in 2010, but there really isn't a wrong choice here...

Is there a way to make this into a poll thread or would I have to start a new thread? TIA.

As Thig said, "Ford is the most destructive defensive end since DF." Nuff said.

I thought he said Julius Peppers but you might be right. I'd take either one. ;D

As Thig said, "Ford is the most destructive defensive end since DF." Nuff said.

I thought he said Julius Peppers but you might be right. I'd take either one. ;D

I think you are correct there TD. Well caught!

I'm going to go with Ford, but not because I think he is better than CL. I think that everyone knows that CL is awesome, but until we get a few games into the season, opposing OC's won't know what to expect from Ford, so he'll get a big head start on CL until people catch on.

I've always felt this, but a big key to stars on the defensive line is the play of his teammates.  Fairley wasn't much in 09, but was huge in 10 thanks to his teammates.  Suh and Jared Crick, Coleman and Groves (07), etc. 

Long story short, Lemonier will be what he will thanks to a combo of Whitaker, Ford, and Eguae. 

Hard to choose between Dee and Lem. Both are built in the same mold... I'm going with Dee, just because he got a rough shake last year. I feel like either one could have an All-SEC or even All -American type year (and I'm not one to wear O&B glasses ).

Gabe Wright. This kid reminds me so much of Nick Fairley it's scary.

I think that Tyler Nero will surprise some people this year!  With his combination of power and genetics, he will be a load to handle.  He played against tough competition at BCHS(Baldwin County High School)!

I voted for 55, but I also think Nosa is way overlooked.  DE was not our problem last year.  We got locked up and pushed around inside, and we didn't force anything from the linebackers.  Nosa can play.

Man it just brings a smile on my face to know that the coaches

will have so many quality SEC caliber D-lineman to choose from.

VanGorder and Pelton with the DEPTH of that line is scary. :happydance:

However if I had to pick one from the many possible players today I

would go with Ford but tomorrow it maybe Lemonier or Whitaker or Owens

or Sanders or Wright or Blackson or Equae or Siegler or Carter or ___________

:yay::party::happydance:

I chose Other as there was no All Of the Above answer. I think having that much talent coming fresh at an Oline all game long is going to leave someone a gap to squeeze through just about every play. Line penetration should not be an issue this year. We're just going to have to watch out for the screens.

Archived