Possible AU Uniform Changes for 2012 ?

Auburn10

More pics from the NCAA 13 game were uploaded on facebook today and none of those teams had names on their jerseys so it may be safe to say that Auburn will still have names on the back of their jerseys.

More pics from the NCAA 13 game were uploaded on facebook today and none of those teams had names on their jerseys so it may be safe to say that Auburn will still have names on the back of their jerseys.

Probably so. It seemed a bit far fetched for something like that to happen, because I can't see how lettering would affect the aerodynamics, especially not the smaller letters.

Probably so. It seemed a bit far fetched for something like that to happen, because I can't see how lettering would affect the aerodynamics, especially not the smaller letters.

This. This is how we know its offseason, we are discussing the aerodynamics of the alphabet  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

This. This is how we know its offseason, we are discussing the aerodynamics of the alphabet  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I can see how the numbers might make an impact on it, but letters not so much. You're right, though: it's definitely June.

Here is a thought, if the names were off the back of the AU jersey would this help us in games. Not sure if how this works but if a defense playing AU were to call plays on who is in the game for Auburn they would have to memorize numbers not names. Not even sure if this is the case, but just thinking out loud here.... yes .... no ..... maybe ..  depends on who we are playing..... no difference ....?????

Players memorize numbers not names, you can't see the name on the back of a jersey when a player comes in or lines up in front of you. 

LOL, it's the details that count. hahahaha

Theoretically, the number 0 would force a stream of air to jet through the center of the 0, resulting in greater propulsion and increased speed. The number 00? Twin jet engines.

Sonic Boom!!!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQnhFK5n1PMLN9xTzvqxBKxYFMMbvwwfbF5g-K5xS5hmu9adrRQxg

Theoretically, the number 0 would force a stream of air to jet through the center of the 0, resulting in greater propulsion and increased speed. The number 00? Twin jet engines.

Sonic Boom!!!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQnhFK5n1PMLN9xTzvqxBKxYFMMbvwwfbF5g-K5xS5hmu9adrRQxg

:laugh: :laugh:

My eyes are bad. I want names on the back and the old numbers that I can actually see without squinting. TV already determines game times, need to make the jerseys as viewer friendly as possible.

No, need to make the jerseys as player friendly as possible. The players have said there is a noticeable difference in the wind resistance they get with bigger vs smaller numbers/letters. That's why they are smaller.

You serious Clark?  :laugh:

:laugh:  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I think they only went to smaller names so Lutzenkirchen could fit on the back of his jersey..Next year we go back to bigger names, unless we sign  T.J. Houshmanzadeh's brother..

I, for one, would love to go back to nameless jerseys. It's old school, and I agree with the warblogler's thoughts about it promoting the team rather than the individual. Also brings the joy of program surfing back to kids; I can remember my father asking me who number so and so was, and me looking it up (or, in my prouder moments, to know it off hand) enthusiastically.

Although I love the concept and agree with your sentiment for nostalgic reasons, I can't see it appealing to today's student athelete. We have to consider these things and be willing to concede on some things that we are not crazy about because some of us may be old coots. (i.e. smoke from the tunnel, uniform changes, the forward pass)  No representation is intended to convey that you are an old coot but we know that there are old coots among us.

My eyes are bad. I want names on the back and the old numbers that I can actually see without squinting. TV already determines game times, need to make the jerseys as viewer friendly as possible.

No, need to make the jerseys as player friendly as possible. The players have said there is a noticeable difference in the wind resistance they get with bigger vs smaller numbers/letters. That's why they are smaller.

This is by far the funniest post I've ever read on AuburnEagle.

Would you be in favor of Aubie tails? (breakaway, of course)

I hope they don't go back to the drop-shadow under the numbers like those in the midget Terry's years.  And I'm in favor of names on the jerseys, whether in white, orange...maybe not blue, though.  :)

Would you be in favor of Aubie tails? (breakaway, of course)

Oops - didn't mean to attribute that to the previous poster, just typed in the wrong spot - not his/her fault

Archived