THE ASYLUM

bigbird

Guest FEARLESSANDTRUE

I've read the cockfighting thread and it reminded me of college job I had at a car rental agency at the airport.  We had this guy who raised those chickens and would ship them out via the airlines.  He'd bring them in before the 10 p.m. flight came in and they'd go out the following morning on the early flight.  When passengers would get into the terminal and hear roosters crowing, it made for some pretty shocked looks and lots of laughs at the rental counter.

Don't even get me started on that one. I'm sure some of those fine citizens defending it would give you their testimony if asked and yet cannot see the hypocrisy of that same event.

I'm of the opinion animals should be given dominion, humans apparently are incapable and the animals couldn't possibly do any worse of a job.

You were remarkably close to it. Rationalizing that as a "tradition". WHAT?!?!?!?!? The words I wanted to use in that thread, would have been above and beyond the call of sarcastic, jaded and bloviating. My fav mod would've had a stroke. :laugh:

Jenks, I live in a world of business, that if it isn't in a signed and witnessed contract, it is as if they've never said anything. I really like the way that works. It is a fine standard. I view most things in the same way.

62, that can't be the first time you've heard that in its entirety is it? Simply one of the best, purest things EVER :cool: No other way to describe it.

Yep, even my buddy with the LP only played a few songs from it.

as I return to the normally scheduled programs. Darn fine stuff huh? Man that young voice and lyrics of her's and their's. His guitar playing, though young, was just nuts. :cool:

Guest FEARLESSANDTRUE

You were remarkably close to it. Rationalizing that as a "tradition". WHAT?!?!?!?!? The words I wanted to use in that thread, would have been above and beyond the call of sarcastic, jaded and bloviating. My fav mod would've had a stroke. :laugh:

Certainly it wasn't my intent to push your start button.  Just reminiscing.  A neighbor of mine raised them too and it was incredibly annoying.  They crowed 24/7. They'd wake me up waaaaaaaay before I was ready.  I spoke to a LEO about it and he said there was nothing illegal about it.  It's the gambling over it that is against the law. Anyway, after they s#*! on the Chief's mower, the numbers started declining drastically.

Crimes against animals in most states with a brain are a felony charge. In Alabama, they are mostly misdemeanors.

There is a shelter in the Ham, that raises money to send homeless dogs and cats to the northeast. Most recently New Hampshire, where they are every single one adopted. Everytime. Think about what is wrong with that picture while I proclaim what a fine spiritual person I am. Then I'll spend a little time talking about what godless liberals they are and then I'll get back to you.

Doing what we do best, leading the pack. From the rear.

Guest FEARLESSANDTRUE

I won't dispute that it's a tradition.  But just because something is a tradition doesn't necessarily make it right.

I often feel like I am reading the post of people who are living in a completely different time from the past. At times, it is all but a time warp. I try my best to find humor in it, not always possible.

Guest FEARLESSANDTRUE

Some people really do live in a different time.  The Chief's grandmother, if I'm not mistaken, didn't have an indoor toilet until she moved to an apartment building in the 90's. Lot's of people chose to live in the past and not progress.  Is it fear? Ignorance? Both?

Guest FEARLESSANDTRUE

FWIW, Auburn is safer than 19% of other cities.  Tuscaloosa is safer than 4% of other cities.

According to Neighborhood Scout. (I'm listening to Fbomb)

I would add fear of change to that. I know a perfectly successful man, who was given a job offer that would have paid him a ridiculous salary. He turned it down because it would require relocation. This is not something I made up, he stated he couldn't go because he feared moving and the change. I was just blown away. You know even this hellhole of a city has an airport? :dunno:

He that ain't busy learning and growing, is busy dying.

I know nothing, have dogs and am happy that way.

Guest FEARLESSANDTRUE

I would add fear of change to that. I know a perfectly successful man, who was given a job offer that would have paid him a ridiculous salary. He turned it down because it would require relocation. This is not something I made up, he stated he couldn't go because he feared moving and the change. I was just blown away. You know even this hellhole of a city has an airport? :dunno:

He that ain't busy learning and growing, is busy dying.

I know nothing, have dogs and am happy that way.

Fear can be a deciding factor in many decisions.  I don't have that spirit.

Guest FEARLESSANDTRUE

I spent 2 seconds earlier today deciding I'm not going to my 10 year reunion. 

:banghead: Dang!  I'm not the youngest person in the room.

Guest FEARLESSANDTRUE

Nope that is a barney/drac race. Until 21 or 88 gets here ;D 21 is the youngest. If he doesn't show up soon, I'm thinking probation.

I am 21.  ;D