THE ASYLUM

bigbird

You're welcome sir, not my favorite Shakes song, but it is a good performance, they got GREAT reviews. :hellyeah:

BIGBIGBIG things are in their immediate future.  :happydance:

How is the afer? ;D(I don't care either, just being marginally polite :tease: :'()

Barn, meant to come back and post this link, talking about it with L and you made me wanna read it again, here tis. ;)

http://www.americansongwriter.com/category/american-songwriter-magazine/julyaugust-2011/

A4e, in interviews, the Shakes seemed to be very humble and genuinely shocked at how a bunch of friends who get together to play have been received, nice way to stay and nice way to get there.

No problem, Barn.

What ya got? I 've got some more kids stuff running. As an example, they told me they like less well known stuff from Aldean. I do too, until he starts letting his nose sing :banghead:

Jimi Westbrooks, Carrie Underwood, Martina McBride say hello and not through their nose. Owning a gun is supposed to be a prereq for country artist too,(not true BTW) and some might shoot you with it :laugh:

You know I was just kidding.  I am a country music fan and you know that.  But there are some who have done well with the nasal tones.  BTW, Carrie and Martina can say hello to me anytime they want to, in person.  :cool: 

Barn, Laura just reminded me, if you want to search "American Songwriter" magazine archives online, there was a relatively recent issue that had interviews with both Steve and Justin in the same issue, they were very well done and some very realistic content and info. If I'm not mistaken, Drac had and read that one too.

It was around the release date of "Harlem River Blues".

Thanks, I'll try to find that. 

Yes, yes, that was a good article/review. I still need to get the new book. It looks as though I'm going to have to get a "prescription" for ASW; I can't seem to find it, and the BAM I used to get it from seems to have quit carrying it. I don't get over that way as much as I used to, though, so I may just be missing it. The most convenient location has never carried it.

:tease:As Aerosmith once so famously said, "Dream On'. :laugh:

Did you watch any of the CMT awards the other night?

Willie Nelson performed his new single.

"Roll Me Up and Smoke Me, When I Die"

Ya think? :laugh:

Barn, Laura just reminded me, if you want to search "American Songwriter" magazine archives online, there was a relatively recent issue that had interviews with both Steve and Justin in the same issue, they were very well done and some very realistic content and info. If I'm not mistaken, Drac had and read that one too.

It was around the release date of "Harlem River Blues".

Thanks, I'll try to find that. 

Yes, yes, that was a good article/review. I still need to get the new book. It looks as though I'm going to have to get a "prescription" for ASW; I can't seem to find it, and the BAM I used to get it from seems to have quit carrying it. I don't get over that way as much as I used to, though, so I may just be missing it. The most convenient location has never carried it.

Whewwwwww, see I haven't killed those brain cells no matter the effort, I thought we had talked about those articles. It's a good one, with Steve Earle too. Online special right now for 19.99 a year if you subscribe ;)

Good morning, sir. :laugh:

Yes it is, other than a catered affair later, I’m done for the day.  :hellyeah:

:banghead: I can't stand it  :banghead:  :banghead: How is everyone?  :laugh:

It's ok ;) we're southern men, you can bet the only time we care is when we say we don't.  :-X:laugh:

Doing great here, good for you man, I didn't expect you to be through already, thought you would have to play catch up.

It's ok ;) we're southern men, you can bet the only time we care is whne we say we don't.  :-X:laugh:

Doing great here, good for you man, I didn't expect you to be through already, thought you would have to play catch up.

Other than yesterday it’s been a pretty good week and it wasn’t that bad. Tonight I’ll finally have time to sit down and listen to the BN link, would love to have that on a concert DVD, “The Dance” is one of my favorites.  :cool:

Well now I have to post some music.  :laugh:

Finally got a chance to listen, good stuff. I hope he can handle all he does, he is a great writer.

The lyrics on this one are top dang notch. So freakin fine.............impressive.

"Someday I'll Be Forgiven For This".

"Takes me in her arms, cause it's just too much to bear.........." Shoot, you go my brother :hellyeah:

G'morning 62!!  How are  Ahhh heck, nevermind.  :laugh: 

It's Friday, free lunch, just chillin and gettin paid, the only thing(s) that might make it better would get me fired.  :laugh: You on the road today?

Nope.  Back home last night.  Catching up on "home office work" today.  ;) 

You'll get fired for that.  :laugh: Good for you man, how's the lake house coming?

Nope.  Back home last night.  Catching up on "home office work" today.  ;) 

You'll get fired for that.  :laugh: Good for you man, how's the lake house coming?

No, I really am doing work related stuff.  ;D  Lake house is good.  Need more money to finish some landscaping, like stairs and walkway to the pier; finishing the basement; more shrubs and sod; and then we'll be planting trees this fall.