THE ASYLUM

bigbird

Blows my mind to see people feeding them when they do see them. Eff you can sit on the deck of the cabin, wait long enough and at some distance you will see one, particularly in the spring. When they first get active, they get active.

No way, no how am I feeding a bear.  Bears are for long distance viewing in the wild and behind thick panes of glass at the zoo.

It's not like they hand feed them, but put food out at places like picnic tables(gee wonder why bears go there) and then stand back ten yards. Hint: A bear can cover that in one flying leap and will.

There's a relatively new place in Arizona that I visited where you can drive through and view all sorts of wildlife, bears included.  Never had much luck spotting one in the mountains though.

While they are beautiful animals, they are large & scary creatures.  Not only does a bear #### in the woods, it'll also drop a deuce in the middle of your campsite at night.

This reminds of of the tragic, yet comical story of the "Grizzly Man". I probably should be ashamed to say that I laughed extremely hard at his ultimate demise, but a person cannot be that stupid and expect a pleasant ending to their life.   :dunno:

Guest FEARLESSANDTRUE

There's a relatively new place in Arizona that I visited where you can drive through and view all sorts of wildlife, bears included.  Never had much luck spotting one in the mountains though.

While they are beautiful animals, they are large & scary creatures.  Not only does a bear #### in the woods, it'll also drop a deuce in the middle of your campsite at night.

This reminds of of the tragic, yet comical story of the "Grizzly Man". I probably should be ashamed to say that I laughed extremely hard at his ultimate demise, but a person cannot be that stupid and expect a pleasant ending to their life.   :dunno:

Last words of a redneck- " Hey ya'll, watch this!"

You weren't alone in your laughter.

Guest FEARLESSANDTRUE

Speaking of bears. . . . . . What do bama fans and maggots have in common?  :zapbama:

They can feast off a dead Bear for years and years and years.

Dogs are protective that way.  My parents inherited a stray who keeps the wildlife away.  He even killed a groundhog.  Probably was pissed about that weather forecast too.

She's good with the rabbits, groundhogs, deer, & such that wander through the backyard, but if it's a Robin she's waking the dead with her barking.  :laugh:

We have a birdfeeder in the backyard that attracts all types of birds.  Our Weim tolerates all of them except the doves.  She goes crazy when they are anywhere near. 

Last words of a redneck- " Hey ya'll, watch this!"

I wouldn't call that particular man a redneck. "Lunch" is more appropriate.  :laugh:

Morning everyone. So I was chased by two baby raccoons last night, in broad daylight. They trapped me in my backyard with only a fence between us, and mocked me. Today should be interesting.

I'm confused about this.  :-\

:laugh: I'm sorry, yesterday evening......before the sun revolved around the earth.

Morning everyone. So I was chased by two baby raccoons last night, in broad daylight. They trapped me in my backyard with only a fence between us, and mocked me. Today should be interesting.

I'm confused about this.  :-\

:laugh: I'm sorry, yesterday evening......before the sun revolved around the earth.

At least you didn't have to be bathed in tomato juice ;)

Yep, that's the one I was watching. First time I've ever really watching him on stage. Seems like he's already lived a little.  :dunno:

That is a fair opinion. When he lived in Chicago, he became attracted to a combo of things that were not in his best interest. Chicago is a wonderful town, but a musician has to be careful there. Music scene is fantastic, blues, rock in all its forms, jazz and more bluegrass/folk/Americana than most would think given the location, BUT, with that comes the typical issues that Justin and Steve both have faced if that tells you anything. He is a work in progress and would tell you that himself.

Barn, Laura just reminded me, if you want to search "American Songwriter" magazine archives online, there was a relatively recent issue that had interviews with both Steve and Justin in the same issue, they were very well done and some very realistic content and info. If I'm not mistaken, Drac had and read that one too.

It was around the release date of "Harlem River Blues".

Barn, Laura just reminded me, if you want to search "American Songwriter" magazine archives online, there was a relatively recent issue that had interviews with both Steve and Justin in the same issue, they were very well done and some very realistic content and info. If I'm not mistaken, Drac had and read that one too.

It was around the release date of "Harlem River Blues".

Thanks, I'll try to find that. 

Hey Barn, HOW ARE YOU?  :laugh:  I started the post and got interupted.  By the time I got back on it you had posted.  I apologize for leaving you out of my meaningless question.  I was only being kind with the question anyway.  I really don't care how he is doing?  :laugh:  ;)  :tease:  :laugh: