THE ASYLUM

bigbird

There is another kind? :o

Sorry, I tend to think of the metaphor that something could represent as opposed to the actuality of it almost every time, sad but true :laugh:

Guest FEARLESSANDTRUE

I understand.  Being in a rural area, I took it as being literal raccoons, as I've had run in with wildlife myself, the most frightening being the skunk. It's all about where you stand, perspectives.

There is plenty of wildlife around here, deer/car accidents on Hugh Daniel Drive, which is the main street that all these hoods are off of all the way over to Shoal Creek almost. Foxes are not a rare occurrence at all. When I lived in the woods slightly southwest of Nashville, Spike had a rather fragrant discussion with a skunk in the backyard. The skunk had definite opinions, whoa......... :-X

Guest FEARLESSANDTRUE

Poor baby!  :(  Did he have to have a tomato juice bath?

Everytime you say Shoal Creek, I think you are referring to the one hear, only it is Shoals Creek.  :laugh:

Guest FEARLESSANDTRUE

Daddy called last night and he said that he had to slam on his brakes to keep from hitting two bears in the road.  They spent last night in Virginia.

I'm not exactly in a rural area and there's plenty of wildlife around here.  My Golden Retriever has taken it upon herself to guard us from the extremely vicious & dangerous American Robin.  :laugh:

Yep, he had to wait it out in the garage until I got back from the store with enough juice to do the job. He was not a happy boy. I'm thinking he won't ever have that issue again though :laugh:

FWIW, it does a very good job of neutralizing a horrible smell. THE worst ever in my life, so far. :(

You could still smell where the discussion had taken place in the backyard. I think it would make for a great weapon to fight terrorism.

Guest FEARLESSANDTRUE

Dogs are protective that way.  My parents inherited a stray who keeps the wildlife away.  He even killed a groundhog.  Probably was pissed about that weather forecast too.

I'm with the pup on this one, I've never trusted those robins :laugh:

Eff, in east Tn for sure and in plenty of parts of north Central Tn, if you do not have a locked sturdy wooden box to keep your household trash in, you have more bear friends than you know what to do with. In the area of the cabin, FOR SURE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Those are not small and gentle animals. :laugh:

Dogs are protective that way.  My parents inherited a stray who keeps the wildlife away.  He even killed a groundhog.  Probably was pissed about that weather forecast too.

She's good with the rabbits, groundhogs, deer, & such that wander through the backyard, but if it's a Robin she's waking the dead with her barking.  :laugh:

I'm with the pup on this one, I've never trusted those robins :laugh:

Eff, in east Tn for sure and in plenty of parts of north Central Tn, if you do not have a locked sturdy wooden box to keep your household trash in, you have more bear friends than you know what to do with. In the area of the cabin, FOR SURE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Those are not small and gentle animals. :laugh:

Been camping & backpacking plenty of times where we had to hang a bear bag and all backpacks were kept nowhere near a tent overnight.

Guest FEARLESSANDTRUE

Yep, he had to wait it out in the garage until I got back from the store with enough juice to do the job. He was not a happy boy. I'm thinking he won't ever have that issue again though :laugh:

FWIW, it does a very good job of neutralizing a horrible smell. THE worst ever in my life, so far. :(

You could still smell where the discussion had taken place in the backyard. I think it would make for a great weapon to fight terrorism.

:-X  Definitely a horrible long lasting smell.  The one I ran into was patiently waiting for me to feed the cat so he could dine as well.  He walked right passed me, knowing just exactly why I was there.

Guest FEARLESSANDTRUE

There's a relatively new place in Arizona that I visited where you can drive through and view all sorts of wildlife, bears included.  Never had much luck spotting one in the mountains though.

There's a relatively new place in Arizona that I visited where you can drive through and view all sorts of wildlife, bears included.  Never had much luck spotting one in the mountains though.

While they are beautiful animals, they are large & scary creatures.  Not only does a bear #### in the woods, it'll also drop a deuce in the middle of your campsite at night.

Blows my mind to see people feeding them when they do see them. Eff you can sit on the deck of the cabin, wait long enough and at some distance you will see one, particularly in the spring. When they first get active, they get active.

If I pm you my address will you FEDEX me some of that? :laugh:;)

Yes, but just to warn you, it comes with a price according to the pot thread.

It will make you lazy and unmotivated, talk with a California accent, you will lose brain cells, eat a lot of food, and make you want to try the harder stuff.  :laugh:

Yes.

But I was dropped on my head as a baby; down a flight of stairs. So......who can really tell what is to blame?  :cool:

Guest FEARLESSANDTRUE

Blows my mind to see people feeding them when they do see them. Eff you can sit on the deck of the cabin, wait long enough and at some distance you will see one, particularly in the spring. When they first get active, they get active.

Is that an invitation?  I could use a vacation.  ;)