THE ASYLUM

bigbird

:laugh: TESTIFY!!!!!!!! Right Reverend :bow:

A couple of weeks ago, on HBO the concert of "The Wall" was shown with a light, laser and vid show being shown on the remains of the Berlin Wall. Well over a million people were estimated to have been all over the city to see and hear the concert. Roger was in rare form, it was beyond and I don't even really like PF, though I surely respect the talent, progressive cutting edge and serious freaking ART they brought to music.

PF is one of my all time favorite bands.  I had "floor" seats at Legion Field on the Division Bell tour.  Even without Waters, they were amazing.  I thought the inflatable pigs were going to fall on us and felt the heat from the stage pyrotechnics and caught a WICKED contact high.  One of my best concert memories.

Oh heck, we were at that one, nowhere close to the stage though.  :(

A couple of weeks ago, on HBO the concert of "The Wall" was shown with a light, laser and vid show being shown on the remains of the Berlin Wall. Well over a million people were estimated to have been all over the city to see and hear the concert. Roger was in rare form, it was beyond and I don't even really like PF, though I surely respect the talent, progressive cutting edge and serious freaking ART they brought to music.

PF is one of my all time favorite bands.  I had "floor" seats at Legion Field on the Division Bell tour.  Even without Waters, they were amazing.  I thought the inflatable pigs were going to fall on us and felt the heat from the stage pyrotechnics and caught a WICKED contact high.  One of my best concert memories.

Bought our tickets at Foy after setting up camp.  :cool:

That is a REALLY good one. If you ever want to borrow it, or any PF videos or movies that have been released, just let me know.   :thumbsup:  :laugh:

I'm not really a "fan", like them obviously, but that concert was beyond any and all expectations. See that's one time expectations did ok? :laugh:

Seriously, that was unreal. Production was outstanding, being able to handle that kind of sound and volume for that size crowd is above and beyond the call of duty. Stellar.

Bought our tickets at Foy after setting up camp.  :cool:

We camped out and were up front but the line split into two just before the venders. The people in front of us were literally counting out pennies and we could hear the best available getting further and further away by the second. I wanted to strangle them.  :laugh:

Her mother has had a love affair with PF since we were young. Several of us growing up loved everything about them. Now, her daughter loves them, and this will be her first concert.

I once had every PF album I could find, possibly everyone released. I hade imports and everything, all the Sydd Barret stuff, during and after PF, all the Waters, Gillmore, and even Mason solo stuff. But, alas, the large majority of that stuff was among the many Cds stolen from me.   >:( :'(

I had a chance to go see Roger coming up because my sister's new job will keep her from going. However, I was trumped by my friend's 10 year old daugher.   :laugh:

Lucky 10 year old

Her mother has had a love affair with PF since we were young. Several of us growing up loved everything about them. Now, her daughter loves them, and this will be her first concert.

I once had every PF album I could find, possibly everyone released. I hade imports and everything, all the Sydd Barret stuff, during and after PF, all the Waters, Gillmore, and even Mason solo stuff. But, alas, the large majority of that stuff was among the many Cds stolen from me.   >:( :'(

While their solo stuff is good and the Post-Waters PF was good, it was never as good as it was when Gilmour & Waters were a team.  :'(

I see. Thrilled, but not the normal 10 year old stuff. The child will be an outcast in school. The kid who knew too much. :laugh:

again sorry about your loss, I would kill people over that one. Take my Buckingham Nicks vinyl and see what the hell happens to you :beatmullet:

I see. Thrilled, but not the normal 10 year old stuff. The child will be an outcast in school. The kid who knew too much. :laugh:

again sorry about your loss, I would kill people over that one. Take my Buckingham Nicks vinyl and see what the hell happens to you :beatmullet:

When in the world will they release that thing on CD?  :banghead:

I think the rights are so convoluted, w/ Polydor/PolyGram/Innerscope and numerous others, that could be something that never happens. That is what the "rumours"  are(see what I did there?). Also some talk of an agreement signed with Fleetwood Mac that will not allow for that, idk if any of that is true, just telling you what I've heard over the years.

I will say that I have searched for the rights on ASCAP and BMI, they are anything but clearly defined. The list of names is endless. Obie Lighting a long died and defunct concert lighting company owns some of the rights to the song, I assume it was given so they could tour and have lighting sets. It might have been the only way they could do it at the time. :dunno:

If it is ever released, it will sale as much as they make easily. Dreams.........

RARELY will I say this, there are bootlegs available as well as full downloads from many frustrated sources on the webbie world. RARELY will I say this, BUT get one :laugh:

I think the rights are so convoluted, w/ Polydor/PolyGram/Innerscope and numerous others, that could be something that never happens. That is what the "rumours"  are(see what I did there?). Also some talk of an agreement signed with Fleetwood Mac that will not allow for that, idk if any of that is true, just telling you what I've heard over the years.

I will say that I have searched for the rights on ASCAP and BMI, they are anything but clearly defined. The list of names is endless. Obie Lighting a long died and defunct concert lighting company owns some of the rights to the song, I assume it was given so they could tour and have lighting sets. It might have been the only way they could do it at the time. :dunno:

If it is ever released, it will sell as many as they make easily. Dreams.........

RARELY will I say this, there are bootlegs available as well as full downlaods from many frustrated sources on the webbie world. RARELY will I say this, BUT get one :laugh:

There is an echo............ :laugh:

A friend of mine that has the LP bought a bootlegged copy on e-bay, it was so bad it turned me off to the idea; I may need to revisit it though. There’s a web petition to have it released, it also had some info I think, pretty sure I posted that before though.  :dunno:

This person will post on youtube the entire album several times a year, in one fine big ol fat piece. I had posted it in this thread before the idiot deleted the thread. The sound quality is good and admittedly not like having an original vinyl or recording, the quality is so much better than the hope and guess stuff. I'll search right now and see if it is back up. It keeps getting taken down, so someone is complaining :laugh::dunno:

You just have to be prepared with a way to record,store and keep that info. You're a techie, you can hang ;D

I wouldn't call The Beach Boys & PF headbangers & rookies, but I'll admit to be being a headbanger.  :hellyeah::laugh:

A. I do not find anything even remotely interesting in the Beach Boys. At all, ever, not possible, ewwwwww. I have never understood the appeal and never will.I'm good that way.

B. Surely you know that was not a serious statement. :tease:

I knew that wasn't serious, but please don't call me Shirley again.  ;D

Edit: Mandatory notice to tt, that this was a movie reference.  :tease: