THE ASYLUM

bigbird

When all moral knee jerk response's have been exhausted, the issue will still be there. $1 TRILLION dollars have been spent since the inception of the "war on drugs". How's that working out for you folks? Successful huh?

That's trillion with a T. In Columbia alone, boots on the ground did nothing but drive it to Mexico and closer to the US. BTW, Peru is as big a producer as Columbia every thought about being and when was the last time you heard that country mentioned and I wonder why ;D? All money infused into the judicial system disappeared. Zero response for $6 billion given for judicial reform. You cut off the bribery money, which was a choice between death for their families or taking bribes(gee, which would you choose) and they just took the money from the US given to the Columbian court system. GREAT JOB!!!!!!!

I truly hate simple and stupid people.

Guest FEARLESSANDTRUE

Bottom line is people need to realize that there are people who can use it and still hold down a job, pay their bills, have a family and lead productive lives and there are people who use it who can't keep a job, go in debt, and screw up their families all the while being nonporductive.  I think in this case it comes down to the person not the pot.

Some people can go to a mall and not end up 100k in debt. Some people can go to McDonalds and not weigh 500lbs.

It's simply called personal responsibility. You either have it or you don't. I'll grant you some people are able to control addictive behaviors better than others. Some people appear to be genetically predisposed to some things.

Guest FEARLESSANDTRUE

Very true.  Doesn't it seem we've gotten away from personal responsibility.  Everyone wants to blame someone else.  People are the problem, not drugs, guns, McDonalds, credit cards, etc.

Well. . . looks like we've solved the world's problems.  What you wanna do next?  :dunno:

Very true.  Doesn't it seem we've gotten away from personal responsibility.  Everyone wants to blame someone else.  People are the problem, not drugs, guns, McDonalds, credit cards, etc.

Well. . . looks like we've solved the world's problems.  What you wanna do next?  :dunno:

fix me lunch

Bottom line is people need to realize that there are people who can use it and still hold down a job, pay their bills, have a family and lead productive lives and there are people who use it who can't keep a job, go in debt, and screw up their families all the while being nonporductive.  I think in this case it comes down to the person not the pot.

Eff, anything is like everything, you can use it or abuse it. How soon before an Alabama Lottery question comes up again? You say no to legalized gambling? Take a look at your 401K. The notion you can protect people from themselves is silly, what in the last few thousand years would lead people to think otherwise?

Jenks, I got you a little returning from lunch present to improve the "stabbing" mood ;)

This is Bonnamassa from the Nov. Beacon Theatre concert that was on the tellie on Sunday.

"If Heartaches Were a Nickel".

Blues so good it'll make you want a pigsfoot and a bottle of beer. :cool::hellyeah:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWVZz6mWOsw&feature=related

That would be the title of an old blues song, slang for something from that time and it ain't got nuttin to do with no pigs foot, slang my friend, slang.... :cool:

Jenks, I got you a little returning from lunch present to improve the "stabbing" mood ;)

This is Bonnamassa from the Nov. Beacon Theatre concert that was on the tellie on Sunday.

Blues so good it'll make you want a pigsfoot and a bottle of beer. :cool::hellyeah:

I can't get over how good he is.

Pigsfoot.  That has a new "name" nowadays. :laugh:

Billie Holiday, "Gimme a Pig Foot(and a bottle of beer). Bessie Smith also did it and was more the orignal recording artist but probably not the original artist in the 1930's or so. This is in dozens of movie soundtracks, done in both a blues and jazz style. Classic stuff here boys and girls. CLASSIC as real as it gets. :cool:

There is also a 10ish minute acoustic solo from this concert posted, I know you guys are more elec inclined, but DAYUM. The man knows what the hell he is doing.

Slang from the days when that song was song would have it somewhere close to the pot thread :cool::laugh:

There is also a 10ish minute acoustic solo from this concert posted, I know you guys are more elec inclined, but DAYUM. The man knows what the hell he is doing.

Slang from the days when that song was song would have it somewhere close to the pot thread :cool::laugh:

I'm gonna have to listen to this again in a few.  :cool:          :bow:          :hellyeah:

Joe Bonamassa, he grew up studying and listening to Clapton and Stevie Ray Vaughan and idolizing their work. I'd say he learned his lessons well. There is a vid in his selection that shows him playing a song with Clapton, it's funny, he looks like a kid in a candy store. One of those rare instances where you get to watch a man live out his childhood dream, it is a fine moment.

Hey eff ;D

62 the guy is so good it is just outrageous. The whole concert film of him at the Beacon was on Sunday night on APTV. I was just blown away. :cool:

Had you heard of him before? Would have loved to have seen that on my HT.

Guest FEARLESSANDTRUE

I enjoy the happiness of others too. There are still a few people who deserve it. Just a few.