THE ASYLUM

bigbird

Been around for a while. Face it, golf will probably hit me, but Bieber sells records while actual talent is performing in relative obscurity. He certainly has reached a level where he can sustain infinitely more than a comfortable living doing what he does. He was in the Ham a little over a year ago and it was great, John Hiatt and Paul Rodgers were on last nights show. Not so hip on Rodgers from the Bad Company days, kinda mindless music, IMO. Hiatt is great, i'm, wonderful writer. BUT, on that gig Joe was in the damn groove. He was slamming. So dang impressive.

Wow, I'm flabbergasted.  Never heard a peep about this guy and I've got friends (like you) that recommend good stuff that doesn't get the typical radio air.

Very bluesy.  Just wicked.

There ain't nothing about him that ain't for real. Way talented. He's going to be a download or sirius/xm kinda guy. most markets do not have a station where he will ever be heard. Seriously a modern blues master. Last night he played an entire song using nothing but the frets and his left fret/guitar neck hand and fingers. Part of it was slide sounding and part sounded like a finger pick. Breathtaking.. :o

He is another one of those critic's darlings and favorites, Caitlin Rose says hello. You'd have to kill some people to get decent music heard and generally speaking, I'm now in favor of that.

I can't get SRV out of my head while listening to him.  Not that is a bad thing  :laugh:

BTW, I got someone else hooked on AG over the weekend. :hellyeah:

No doubt there is a serious SRV influence at play. Of course that is not a bad thing. SRV, to me, is certainly the first modern blues master. Plenty of blues influence around but few practitioners and masters. SRV was one of those. Joe has a little bit of cosmic/psychedelic edge to him as compared to SRV, in my ears opinion :dunno:

See, AG is another one of those great bands you have turn people on to, drives me crazier. :(

No doubt there is a serious SRV influence at play. Of course that is not a bad thing. SRV, to me, is certainly the first modern blues master. Plenty of blues influence around but few practitioners and masters. SRV was one of those. Joe has a little bit of cosmic/psychedelic edge to him as compared to SRV, in my ears opinion :dunno:

See, AG is another one of those great bands you have turn people on to, drives me crazier. :(

Agreed.  I'm not calling him a SRV clone but if I was asked to compare him to a previous artist, it'd be SRV.

If a record company can't pidgeon hole you into a specific genre, they won't bother with you.  They want something they can package up and ship out to mindless masses. Don't get me wrong, I do love my hair bands of the 80s but it's not because of their superior musical talent, they were just fun.

Ahhhh, the 80's. The decade the music went missing :laugh: yeah, yeah, I know there are FEW exceptions.

When joe was in the Ham, he had a serious wall of Marshall amps behind him. It's hard to translate such technical accuracy on a system that could pick up and amplify a fly fart. He did a masterful job. The wall of Marshall's behind him last night was even larger, the theatre was also much larger. The drummer, bassist, keyboards and the sound crew in addition to him was just blowing me away. It had the clarity of you being in the room alone with a classical guitarist for a private concert. Still trying to figure that the hell out. Amazing.

Ahhhh, the 80's. The decade the music went missing :laugh: yeah, yeah, I know there are FEW exceptions.

When joe was in the Ham, he had a serious wall of Marshall amps behind him. It's hard to translate such technical accuracy on a system that could pick up and amplify a fly fart. He did a masterful job. The wall of Marshall's behind him last night was even larger, the theatre was also much larger. The drummer, bassist, keyboards and the sound crew in addition to him was just blowing me away. It hard the clarity of you being in the room alone with a classical guitarist for a private concert. Still trying to figure that the hell out. Amazing.

I just gave volsung the heads-up on Bonamassa.  His response, "Holy $#@%, this guy's phenomenal."  :hellyeah:

Don't tell volsung I said it, it'll give him the big head, BUT, there are elements of his sound/style that are in Bonamassa's sound. Don't bother, I'll never admit I said it. :laugh: Joe is more polished, but he does it for a living and probably all his waking hours and probably did it in his crib as a baby, but volsung doesn't have a mainstream sound and I can easily hear a few similarities.

Wish I was napping. Sitting in the waiting room at the orthopedic doc. I've got a 4" wide knot on my back that my wife found. Kinda freaking me out

Kinda scary. No idea what it is. And I hate doctors

Howdy a4e :cool:

Yep AA, don't like hospitals or doctors. Unknown is always scary,new or different, just get it checked out and taken care of. coughcough, and update.

Sounds like a good plan

:laugh:  :-\