THE ASYLUM

bigbird

Guest FEARLESSANDTRUE

And keeping up with the sweet dreams theme, here's one for the older and wiser generation. . . cough. . cough. . golf. . . cough.  ;)

Just wanted to say good morning. Things are still going great with mama AA. She is 14 weeks today. I will be getting some 4d pics and find out the gender 2 weeks from today!  :happydance:

Man, what a night of muzak on TV.

Adele. ;D I know why she is the size she is. It is all pipes, lungs and vocal chords. 20 million albums of quality music sold. No way to say how impressive that is when people beg for 100,000 downloads on itunes. Cannot wait to see what she brings next.

as if that wasn't enough, Bonamassa on APTV recorded concert from NYC. 2 hours of SPECTACULAR blues guitar master. Wow.  :trampoline:

Eff, it was sent to the address you gave me :tease:

All in all, it was one of the better weekends for me.

Friday night was date night with the Mrs.  We don't do that very often but it was nice.  Even got dressed up.  :laugh:

Saturday night was the weekly neighborhood cook out (Grill & Chill).  Thought of you at the end of the evening.  Fired up the grill around 11:00-11:30 for the 3rd round of food and we switched the music to a Pandora station built on Johnny Cash...not the typical country stuff.  Was a lot of the Americana style of music you've been recommending to me. It went perfectly with the fire, food, whiskey and friends. :cool:

Dressed up? I have to look it up, but I'm sure that is a rules violation

Figures, you think of me when I'm that far away from the food, fire, whiskey and friends :laugh:

Don't know obviously if public TV had the Bonamassa concert last night in your area, but WOW!!!!!!!

I was hoping some of you guys got to see it. :'( Man, what a freaking guitar player. :bow:

On Saturday night we were flipping through the channels and caught a Justin Townes Earle special, it was pretty good.

Making another Nashville run this weekend  :hellyeah:

Figures, you think of me when I'm that far away from the food, fire, whiskey and friends :laugh:

Don't know obviously if public TV had the Bonamassa concert last night in your area, but WOW!!!!!!!

I was hoping some of you guys got to see it. :'( Man, what a freaking guitar player. :bow:

It's really unusual for the 2 of us to get dressed up.  I definately outkicked my coverage.  :laugh:

If you're ever in the area, you're more than welcome to join.  We're very friendly.  If it's not raining then the 'hood is grilling on Saturday evenings. :cool:

Don't know if it was on.  I didn't watch any TV last night.  A buddy of mine (one of the neighbors) has a son in a band and we went to go see them reherse for their gig on this Saturday.

Please no warnings. I am planning a sneak attack

It's really unusual for the 2 of us to get dressed up.  I definitely out kicked my coverage.  :laugh:

If you're ever in the area, you're more than welcome to join.  We're very friendly.  If it's not raining then the 'hood is grilling on Saturday evenings. :cool:

Don't know if it was on.  I didn't watch any TV last night.  A buddy of mine (one of the neighbors) has a son in a band and we went to go see them rehearse for their gig on this Saturday.

Bar band,concert band? Rehearsals can be fun and sometimes not :laugh:, but if it's a set rehearsal, it usually is fun

AA, the CMT music awards are this week. There should still be a lot of people in town, if you check around a little bit on "The Tennessean" or just search for a Nashville music calender, you might be able to catch some really good or decent music if interested :dunno:

Bar band...it was pretty fun. I don't like the band's style but they're good kids and my friend's son is pretty good on the guitar (plays a 7 string)

Safe travels, AA.

Ok, where has this Joe Bonamassa guy been?  Queued him up on spotify...wow, impressive.

Sounds like a perfect weekend to go. I am assuming the Tennesseean is a website?

Been around for a while. Face it, golf will probably hit me, but Bieber sells records while actual talent is performing in relative obscurity. He certainly has reached a level where he can sustain infinitely more than a comfortable living doing what he does. He was in the Ham a little over a year ago and it was great, John Hiatt and Paul Rodgers were on last nights show. Not so hip on Rodgers from the Bad Company days, kinda mindless music, IMO. Hiatt is great, imo, wonderful writer. BUT, on that gig Joe was in the damn groove. He was slamming. So dang impressive.

Cool. I'll stop aggravating you now since we aren't friends anymore  :beatmullet:

We should warn the Wildhorse :laugh:;)

What channel was that on Barn, do you know? I'd love to see that. :(

It was an old one, just a 30 min concert. Bluegrass Underground (In a cave). It was on PBS and was from 2009.

Cool. I'll stop aggravating you now since we aren't friends anymore  :beatmullet:

Took you long enough to catch on.............................. :laugh::tease:

WTH are you talking about? :rolleyes:

We should warn the Wildhorse :laugh:;)

What channel was that on Barn, do you know? I'd love to see that. :(

It was an old one, just a 30 min concert. Bluegrass Underground (In a cave). It was on PBS and was from 2009.

Thanks, maybe I'll be able to find it somewhere. :cool: